Todays practice 31st

I wouldn't be surprised if Williams is a little bit ahead of Nkosi already. (or more polished I should say, not ahead of him on the depth chart)
High school coaching/development matters when it comes to college readiness and I'll bet the house that Williams had better coaching. (since Perry didn't even know how to read coverages when he got here)

It'll be interesting to see how it plays out. Williams ain't no slouch.
And he didn't come early to sit on the bench...

Advertisement
Me too. His QB tape was pretty impressive in HS. With Burns giving us something and with Lingard and Camron Davis (supposed to be a great pass catcher) coming in to help Homer at RB...man, it isn't entirely inconceivable that a pure read option with Dallas is a better alternative than another year with Rosier.

The key is Dallas' long ball to keep defenses honest. If he has the strength and touch to throw 50-70 yards effectively, that read option becomes more enticing by the second.

DeeJay is special, but y’all crazy nigs want him to play RB, WR, QB and CB in addition to returning kicks and punts. Pretty soon someone is going to suggest that he is going to be a QB passing to himself.

Appreciate u @Brooklyndee

I’m not going to rush in to any judgement til Spring Game. I want all 3 to get a chance w the 1’s

Spring game? LOL

You know there’s post spring individual workouts afterwards, and then summer/fall practices with another 3 scrimmages.

By the end of August the spring scrimmage will have seemed like a middle school circle jerk.

But of course the porsters at CIS will have the same Pavlovian reaction they do every year. They’ll jump to wild *** unjustified conclusions based on very little information, with a bunch more practices and 75% of the scrimmages to go.

People just never learn.

Rosier may be the starter this year but I feel Jarren is the future. I hope Burns stays healthy. He has the skills and imagine him in the backfield with Homer or Lo. Just get the ball to one of our hundreds of playmakers. Oh and Willis, please show your 5 star skills. We could really use that this year. Don’t sleep on Ivey either.

Advertisement
Man I'm looking forward to seeing this offense so ******* much. We have so much god **** talent at RB and WR.

I will be extremely disapointed if Rosier is our starter, but regardless I honestly think our Offense and defense are talented enough to still get us to play Clemson in the ACCCG for sure.

Regardless what happens at qb, I have faith Richt will choose one of the QBs, the OLine is THE most important thing imo. If our OL steps the **** up, especially in the run game (they were pretty good in the pass game last yr), we will have an elite offense. I really hope the ******* OLine steps up, but I don't think we'll know much about their progress until summer camp.

At DL Yeah I don't see us having any drop off amongst the starters. I am obviously a little worried about depth, but hopefully that wont even be a factor this season. And with 3 seniors starting at DB - Jaquan, Jackson, and Redwine (Redwine will split a lot of snaps with Carter imo), I think DB will have a solid improvement.

Spring game? LOL

You know there’s post spring individual workouts afterwards, and then summer/fall practices with another 3 scrimmages.

By the end of August the spring scrimmage will have seemed like a middle school circle jerk.

But of course the porsters at CIS will have the same Pavlovian reaction they do every year. They’ll jump to wild *** unjustified conclusions based on very little information, with a bunch more practices and 75% of the scrimmages to go.

People just never learn.

Well; in fairness, everyone thought Perry was going to win the job last year and it continued to be reported that Malik was the man. Guess what? Malik became the man.

Again, I’ll wait til SPRING GAME to see what’s what. That doesn’t mean it’s finalized, but at least it gives us a clear picturer v. 2 min clips and 2nd hand info.

Advertisement
I’m not buying the platoon rotation.

Maybe it’s just my bias, but I’ve never been a big fan of that. Ever.

I mean, I don’t mind when you bring in a wildcat guy like DJ Dallas at the goal line, or not even at the goal line like we did with ND, because he also can throw a little, but platooning? I’ve never really seen it work too well.

What’s the old saying? When you have two quarterbacks, you don’t have any.
I just mean until one of them seperates from the other. Not like spurrier used to do with the regular rotation. Just being clear thats all. For what its worth i dont like it either. I just think well want the jits to get some burn before we flat out throw them to the wolves. Thats why i was so steadfast on using last season to do that.

Man I'm looking forward to seeing this offense so ******* much. We have so much god **** talent at RB and WR.

I will be extremely disapointed if Rosier is our starter, but regardless I honestly think our Offense and defense are talented enough to still get us to play Clemson in the ACCCG for sure.

Regardless what happens at qb, I have faith Richt will choose one of the QBs, the OLine is THE most important thing imo. If our OL steps the **** up, especially in the run game (they were pretty good in the pass game last yr), we will have an elite offense. I really hope the ******* OLine steps up, but I don't think we'll know much about their progress until summer camp.

At DL Yeah I don't see us having any drop off amongst the starters. I am obviously a little worried about depth, but hopefully that wont even be a factor this season. And with 3 seniors starting at DB - Jaquan, Jackson, and Redwine (Redwine will split a lot of snaps with Carter imo), I think DB will have a solid improvement.
Our O will never be elite with horrible QB play. Remember 1999? Reggie Wayne, Santana Moss, Bubba Franks, and an O that at times couldn't do squat because the QB couldn't hit the broad side of a barn.

Very disappointed that Perry's showing a lackadaisical approach as I've heard several people outside of Dee say the same thing. I like Jarren, but I was hoping he'd shirt. Having said that, if Jarren emerges as the better option around Fall camp, then start him. I'm just done seeing Malik at QB because I don't think he'll improve. That and I'm still baffled about saying he was coasting during the Pitt game - won't get over that one.

Advertisement
if kosi and williams can't beat out rosier, if gonna have to talk about richt jrs qb evaluation skills. :****:

@Brooklyndee how the dline looking? and the secondary? do they look improved at all? maybe hard to tell if our qbs aren't giving them much of a test.

“If a true freshmen and a redshirt freshmen can’t beat out a redshirt senior in spring practice”

Thanks for the update Dee.

Sounds like Nkosi isn’t as in love with succeeding as he is with social media.

Dee, will Choc make an impact as a FB? I may be the last man on the TG fan bus, but I am still pulling for him. ... Not happy to hear about the safeties. I mean, we've got 2 returning starters and A Carter, with Smith in nickle situations. How is that not good enough? ... Any talk about moving Frierson over to S given Ivey is playing well at CB and Hall is out until summer? I think he'd be even better there than CB.

Advertisement
He was running with the 2s at re. Looking pretty explosive. For anyone that actually knows him you know his only question is can he stay healthy. If he can do that & MAYBE put on a few pounds kid will contribute in a big way.

Really pulling for the kid. We needed a te for depth and he moved, now he gets a chance back at his natural position. Just need to keep him healthy.

Advertisement
Back