Todays practice 31st

Great to hear about both Burns and DJ. Hope Burns can stay healthy for once. Also good to hear about Gerald taking peoples heads off. Hope he can do that in the regular season...and maintain discipline in practice to not kill our own.

Advertisement
if kosi and williams can't beat out rosier, if gonna have to talk about richt jrs qb evaluation skills. :****:

@Brooklyndee how the dline looking? and the secondary? do they look improved at all? maybe hard to tell if our qbs aren't giving them much of a test.

Or it could be that one could still be in high school and the other is a red shirt freshman going through his first spring practices. Nkosi and Jarren are both the goods just let it play out.

Based on Brooklyns comments on Kosi and Jarren BEFORE practice started it seemed he made up his mind that he wanted his nephews (Hightower) roomate Jarren William to win the job for obvious reasons.

I'm just pointing this out before it turns into 20 pages of nonsense. Like when he badmouthed Jon Richt Jr because Tai didn't get an offer. Or when he alluded to their being a recruiting mutiny if Sitkowski wasn't shown the door.

Advertisement
my fear going into the season is that the defense is going to take a step back with the best unit from last year losing so much talent. and the secondary still not being an elite one. was hoping the offense would be able to pick up that slack with so much talent on that side of the ball, but if the qb play isn't going to be improved it could be a long season.

Man I don’t like that idea.i hope somebody steps up and takes over.

I’m not buying the platoon rotation.

Maybe it’s just my bias, but I’ve never been a big fan of that. Ever.

I mean, I don’t mind when you bring in a wildcat guy like DJ Dallas at the goal line, or not even at the goal line like we did with ND, because he also can throw a little, but platooning? I’ve never really seen it work too well.

What’s the old saying? When you have two quarterbacks, you don’t have any.

I’m not buying the platoon rotation.

Maybe it’s just my bias, but I’ve never been a big fan of that. Ever.

I mean, I don’t mind when you bring in a wildcat guy like DJ Dallas at the goal line, or not even at the goal line like we did with ND, because he also can throw a little, but platooning? I’ve never really seen it work too well.

What’s the old saying? When you have two quarterbacks, you don’t have any.

Yea if we end of platooning we will be in deep poo poo...somebody,even if it’s Rosier,needs to step up and take the job.in the end it’s probably Williams from what’s been said but I’m really surprised that Weldon isn’t getting a shot.I thought the kid would be **** good in this system..

Advertisement
Ill post this simply to keep questions somewhat to a minimum. So today the ones and reports were split evenly between malik, nkosi & jarren. Nkosi & jarren had some nice throws each but both need more urgency and consistency out of their play. Not gonna bother getting into something malik did except two throws one was a face to lc18 that was very reminiscent of the fsu throw backshoulder to langham. However this throw was better in the sense that he led the reliever and let him go make a play. Which 18 did. One of the meanest grabs I've ever seen. He went up over mike jack and fully extended to make a one handed grabon a ball that was a ways out of bounds. While still having the length and body control to drag both feet. His other throw was his parents bubble screen 2 yards in front of Harley where dean read the route, came off his block and rocked Harley. He was down with a body nose for several minutes. Defense is paying very physical right now. On one particular play gerald destroyed brown off the snap & took deejays head off for a tfl. Deejay got up and tried to fight gerald. #1 clear as day thing regardless of who wins the qb job the unquestioned leader of that offense IS deejay dallas. Kid is a dog with a world of heart. Same play after jarren seperated everyone deejay ran back to the huddle & laid in to the offensive line. #2 this is just my opinion (FOR THE DENSE OPINION MEANS WHAT I THINK) but this qb job don't rather than later will be jarren williams to lose not nkosi. It just seems nkosi is very lacsadasical in his approach right now. Not very consistent on his touch throws. Then again he may simply have a different approach for practice than he does for games etc. Jarren just seems more in command. Id guess cade will probably transfer out. Hes good enough to play somewhere. just really doubt he'll get a legit shot here. #3 our running backs are looking good especially (drumroll).........ROBERT BURNS. Him and deejay are very similar in build and running style. He was delivering plenty of contact today. Running down hill. Travis is a grown man back there as well. Wiggins is dropping alot of balls. Nephew is lookin good (of course)😁 🙈 & gurvan is out rest of spring with a hyper extended knee (but no tears)

Preciate it D

Interesting insight on Kosi because iv'e read that same thought several times today. Idk if it's just practice or what but Im very curious to see the Spring game and how he performs in it. All in all, im just hoping hoping we get better QB play from whoever playing under center.

Glad to see LC18 still acting like a monster. Seems like he taking control of that WR room.

Best RB core in the state. hope Burns stay healthy and DJ Dallas really might be the most utilized player on offense for us this year. Dude can legit play 3 different position for us on offense.

The most exciting note out of everything you said was Dean being physical. Hoping he puts all that potential together this year.

I wouldn't be surprised if Williams is a little bit ahead of Nkosi already. (or more polished I should say, not ahead of him on the depth chart)
High school coaching/development matters when it comes to college readiness and I'll bet the house that Williams had better coaching. (since Perry didn't even know how to read coverages when he got here)

It'll be interesting to see how it plays out. Williams ain't no slouch.

Preciate it D

Interesting insight on Kosi because iv'e read that same thought several times today. Idk if it's just practice or what but Im very curious to see the Spring game and how he performs in it. All in all, im just hoping hoping we get better QB play from whoever playing under center.

Glad to see LC18 still acting like a monster. Seems like he taking control of that WR room.

Best RB core in the state. hope Burns stay healthy and DJ Dallas really might be the most utilized player on offense for us this year. Dude can legit play 3 different position for us on offense.

The most exciting note out of everything you said was Dean being physical. Hoping he puts all that potential together this year.

Lo looks big, our offense is going to be nasty next few years. Searles recruiting has been a huge untold story.

Dean didnt play much but at times he showed he can cover. if he can step up, im not as concerned because i think dj and gilbert can be good 4th and 5th cb's.

I wouldn't be surprised if Williams is a little bit ahead of Nkosi already. (or more polished I should say, not ahead of him on the depth chart)
High school coaching/development matters when it comes to college readiness and I'll bet the house that Williams had better coaching. (since Perry didn't even know how to read coverages when he got here)

It'll be interesting to see how it plays out. Williams ain't no slouch.
perry starter day one. he will sleep with the playbook under his pillow and it memorize it in a night lol.
I agree. Jarren looks the part to me.

Advertisement
I thought the Sherriffs hype was over the top last year, and that hype may have moved to Williams this season.

And before anyone gets in their feelings ... I’m not pulling for any specific QB. I just want the best guy to win the job.

But I do remember that the QB line was indicative of the depth chart last year, and I don’t think anything has changed this year.

When another QB is first in line for warm-ups, then I’ll believe Rosier won’t be the starter.

Until then, some of y’all better get with the idea that a 5th year guy still has the ability to improve.

Advertisement
Id put Deejay at qb before i put Malik there

Me too. His QB tape was pretty impressive in HS. With Burns giving us something and with Lingard and Camron Davis (supposed to be a great pass catcher) coming in to help Homer at RB...man, it isn't entirely inconceivable that a pure read option with Dallas is a better alternative than another year with Rosier.

The key is Dallas' long ball to keep defenses honest. If he has the strength and touch to throw 50-70 yards effectively, that read option becomes more enticing by the second.

Disappointing to hear none of the QB’s are the “leaders” of the Offense. Rosier doesn’t seem like that guy. Hopefully, one of the young blood QB’s take that role.

So they not giving Cade a shot when there truly is no one worthy of the job that is crazy. So get ready for another year of horrid QB play.

Advertisement
Back