Tirek Austin-Cave up to 233

Advertisement
Not sure how you get that from what I said, I was talking in general and used randy as an example.. Just what I have seen from going to high school to college ball and then being a fan of our canes these last few decades and in general.. How many times have we seen limited players play over the more talented and then what do the coaches say, they trust *** player more.. not complicated
You compared Mandy to coaches as if he knew what he was doing lmao. I like the idea of he just played who'd been here longer over him using any criteria to figure it out.

Man if Flagg is playing the middle again….
If he is, we know he earned it is how I'm looking at it. Whether he starts or is the backup, the middle is the only lb position he could play because of his lack of speed. They say he was our smartest lb, so if he doesn't leave after spring, he's going to play, maybe not as much, but who knows.

Let's see how these kids respond to real coaching.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I’d like to see Steed get a shot in the middle. He seemed the most instinctive last year and when healthy I think he is our best LB. And he was looking pretty healthy by the end of the season.

With nothing to go on except what I saw at the end of last season, I would like to see
Steed at MLB
Keontra at SLB
Chase at WLB

Does Flagg exhibit something differently in practice? His game film does not reflect someone who should be ahead of anyone else.
Being in the right place at the right time is important for a linebacker. If a guy runs a 4.4 in the wrong direction, it can mean huge plays for the offense.

I also want to replace Flagg but he was really the best option last year. Chase Smith should have played more based on talent and practice performance, but the other guys weren't exactly making it hard for the coaches. We need improvement from physical talents like TAC and Huff and we need to Portal in competition.

Does Flagg exhibit something differently in practice? His game film does not reflect someone who should be ahead of anyone else.
I know it’s a popular thing for fans to just say throw in the backups and let’s see what happens

But in this case I don’t see what the real downside is

Get him game reps and get Flagg out of there. TVD wasn’t getting much love during practices either (maybe that’s an extreme example but TAC has the talent)

I’d like to see Steed get a shot in the middle. He seemed the most instinctive last year and when healthy I think he is our best LB. And he was looking pretty healthy by the end of the season.

With nothing to go on except what I saw at the end of last season, I would like to see
Steed at MLB
Keontra at SLB
Chase at WLB
Steed was the most improved player on D as the season went along in my opinion

Good to see

Advertisement
Large things come in very small packages
Confused Red Bull GIF by FC Red Bull Salzburg

I know it’s a popular thing for fans to just say throw in the backups and let’s see what happens

But in this case I don’t see what the real downside is

Get him game reps and get Flagg out of there. TVD wasn’t getting much love during practices either (maybe that’s an extreme example but TAC has the talent)
Isn’t that like playing favorites—but ok because it’s who the fans want?

You play who earns it. If Flagg is the best guy in practice he has to play. My guess is this year he will see a fair amount of time but some of the other guys (portal, bissianthe, whoever else) will see time as well. If somebody can show something they can take time. I think they will have opportunity.

They also have to prepare WLB2 as I’m just not sure Smith can hold up in this capacity.

Advertisement
Being in the right place at the right time is important for a linebacker. If a guy runs a 4.4 in the wrong direction, it can mean huge plays for the offense.

I also want to replace Flagg but he was really the best option last year. Chase Smith should have played more based on talent and practice performance, but the other guys weren't exactly making it hard for the coaches. We need improvement from physical talents like TAC and Huff and we need to Portal in competition.
I get this, and I'm not responding to you specifically here because you don't decide who plays. But if I had to choose between the 4.5 guy who makes the correct reads 50% of the time (who theoretically should see that percentage improve as he gets additional live reps) vs. the 4.8 guy who makes the correct read 80% of the time (and has only marginal ability to improve that timed speed or correctly diagnosed %), it blows my mind that coaches time and time again choose the latter. What's the point of knowing your assignment if you can't get to where you need to be in time? Let alone the fact if you're a small LB and regularly get swallowed up when you do arrive on time

Isn’t that like playing favorites—but ok because it’s who the fans want?

You play who earns it. If Flagg is the best guy in practice he has to play. My guess is this year he will see a fair amount of time but some of the other guys (portal, bissianthe, whoever else) will see time as well. If somebody can show something they can take time. I think they will have opportunity.

They also have to prepare WLB2 as I’m just not sure Smith can hold up in this capacity.
I don’t think it is no or I wouldn’t have said it

Working behind Flagg at MIKE per his interview with Rivals.

Really hope the light comes on with the new coaches. I loved him out of high school but it hasn’t clicked yet in practice or games. Massive opportunity for him in spring.

My favorite recruit in that class. Massive upside

Do you think in a scenario where is more or less "protected" that he will look better? Meaning if JHH/LT/Miller/Moutrie keep guards off of him and CSmith and KSmith do all the sideline to sideline/TE Seam grunt work that he can just play to his strength of being the QB of the defense and taking care of the middle of the LOS?

I say that because if TAC and whoever else just isnt getting it done in practice and not putting in the work..we cant just throw them out there either. Sets a bad precedent especially for a new staff.

Advertisement
Back