Tirek Austin-Cave up to 233

Advertisement
Does Flagg exhibit something differently in practice? His game film does not reflect someone who should be ahead of anyone else.
If you understand coaches, they value someone who KNOWS what to do, and highly value board work and the mental aspect.. Even if a guy is physically more talented but when being quizzed by coaches answers wrong or doesnt know he wont get on field, some guys learn by DOING but they dont get a chance.. Some coaches wont play you no matter how talented, randy was like that..

Flagg most likely was really good at mental side and did board work good, probably knew the offensive plays and could cheat in practice and get there a step quicker, if you know the mental side well lot of hacks you can do in practice..

I agree. Flagg no better than a GA. No way the new DC and LB coach gonna have Flagg as a starter. Unless he has become fast and can get wide to shut off jet sweeps, then meh.
You would be surprised. FLagg probably be in coaches office everyday tryna learn the new defense, probably sets up the bags for coaches at spring practice, first in line, leading and doing the little things, coaches like that ****.. Then he has upper hand and they know they can trust him but when game time comes he getting juked by 5.0 forty running qbs and ****..

I agree. Flagg no better than a GA. No way the new DC and LB coach gonna have Flagg as a starter. Unless he has become fast and can get wide to shut off jet sweeps, then meh.
Hard to assess lb play when they were basically not coached up and it was a free for all during plays because of Manny's intentionally chaotic defense.

Scheme will be different this year and hopefully more disciplined which will make lbs look much better. But I will trust who they start out there no matter who it is.

Advertisement
If you understand coaches, they value someone who KNOWS what to do, and highly value board work and the mental aspect.. Even if a guy is physically more talented but when being quizzed by coaches answers wrong or doesnt know he wont get on field, some guys learn by DOING but they dont get a chance.. Some coaches wont play you no matter how talented, randy was like that..

Flagg most likely was really good at mental side and did board work good, probably knew the offensive plays and could cheat in practice and get there a step quicker, if you know the mental side well lot of hacks you can do in practice..
I think in some weird way you are giving Mandy credit. I don't like it. But I will say typically coaches look at game film and make changes. Even if all that were true that wouldn't entitle him to perform as poorly in game and continue to start.

Most of these guys have no clue about anything a coach looks for. They just know that they’re Miami fans.

Only way the light will come on is with real playing time in real games. This goes for TAC, Chase Smith, Huff, Brooks, etc. Manny playing Jennings, Rangone, Steed, Flagg, etc. over the guys with elite treats was a massive mistake.
Don’t lump Steed in with those other guys. He was rusty as **** at the beginning of the year and his play reflected that. As the season went on he became more confident out there and was playing pretty solid.

Advertisement
Don’t lump Steed in with those other guys. He was rusty as **** at the beginning of the year and his play reflected that. As the season went on he became more confident out there and was playing pretty solid.
I like Steed but I lumped him in cause he's what a 5th year senior? We kind of know who he is at this point. Need to find out who the young guys are.

I like Steed but I lumped him in cause he's what a 5th year senior? We kind of know who he is at this point. Need to find out who the young guys are.
I get it I just think Steed is a tier above the other guys listed. He spent a large majority of his time here hurt and last season was his first full season in which he got significant reps and he was playing well towards the end of the season. I wouldn’t write off being a solid player for this upcoming year.

Someones got to run with 1s to start. Whoever has the most film will most likely feel that for now. ****, all our D coaches aren't even here yet.

Flagg may very well end up #1, but this means nothing.

Advertisement
I wasn’t even aware there is first team in workouts. I thought that stuff started in the spring

Advertisement
I think in some weird way you are giving Mandy credit. I don't like it. But I will say typically coaches look at game film and make changes. Even if all that were true that wouldn't entitle him to perform as poorly in game and continue to start.
Not sure how you get that from what I said, I was talking in general and used randy as an example.. Just what I have seen from going to high school to college ball and then being a fan of our canes these last few decades and in general.. How many times have we seen limited players play over the more talented and then what do the coaches say, they trust *** player more.. not complicated

Advertisement
Back