Timberlake

I’m delusional because I expect our team to be able to have a full roster every year?!?! Obviously something is wrong with the program when EVERY YEAR for the last 3-4 years we’ve been dealing with major injury problems. What the **** are they doing in practice to cause these problems? Also the multiple players to transfer out over the last 2 years signals that the kids no longer enjoy playing for coach L. Watch when Lykes transfers to Georgetown here soon what’s the excuse going to be? Aint no way in **** he missed an entire year for a freaking sprained ankle...there’s definitely more to the story. If no changes are made our team is literally going to have to grab 5-6 players in the transfer portal just to field a squad next year. How you can be ok with this and make excuses for Larrañaga is the problem. You are the delusional fan that can see the writing on the wall. Change is 100% needed.
Yes, dillusional. We're talking about this year not next or previous. Injuries happen. How do you have a full roster if you have injuries? This isn't pro sports where you can just sign other players and continue your season.

Expectations hace to match the circumstances.

Advertisement
How about the last two years? Can you still complain about depth if you don’t recruit a full roster?

He doesn’t have a full glass of water because he hasn’t recruited one.
Don't move the goalposts or I should say basket. We're talking about this year's team not last year or next year.

Expectations need to match the circumstances. Injuries have played a major roll this season.

Don't move the goalposts or I should say basket. We're talking about this year's team not last year or next year.

Expectations need to match the circumstances. Injuries have played a major roll this season.
No one is moving any goalposts. We have had three successive losing seasons, and it is no longer an anomaly that you can chalk up to bad luck. One year, fine, bad luck, injuries, etc. We are well past that point. And injuries get magnified when you are permitted 13 scholarships and only have 11 recruited scholarship players on the roster. You cannot complain about how thin we are due to injuries and just ignore the fact that we started 2 guys down due to Larranaga's recruiting and roster management.

No one is moving any goalposts. We have had three successive losing seasons, and it is no longer an anomaly that you can chalk up to bad luck. One year, fine, bad luck, injuries, etc. We are well past that point. And injuries get magnified when you are permitted 13 scholarships and only have 11 recruited scholarship players on the roster. You cannot complain about how thin we are due to injuries and just ignore the fact that we started 2 guys down due to Larranaga's recruiting and roster management.
Get a grip. A huge part of the team was out for the season.

Get a grip. A huge part of the team was out for the season.
Ok. Agreed. How about the last two years? Do you not think having a full roster would have helped deal with the injuries? You can’t cherry pick what parts of the story you like.

The bottom line is Larranaga is paid very well in a results driven business, and he has not generated results in years and there is zero indication he will next year either. Sometimes you just need a fresh voice at the top. It is nothing against L, it’s just life. And I don’t understand the need to make excuses for a stranger making $2m a year.

Advertisement
Yes, dillusional. We're talking about this year not next or previous. Injuries happen. How do you have a full roster if you have injuries? This isn't pro sports where you can just sign other players and continue your season.

You recruit it and fill all 13 spots, not 11.

Ok. Agreed. How about the last two years? Do you not think having a full roster would have helped deal with the injuries? You can’t cherry pick what parts of the story you like.

The bottom line is Larranaga is paid very well in a results driven business, and he has not generated results in years and there is zero indication he will next year either. Sometimes you just need a fresh voice at the top. It is nothing against L, it’s just life. And I don’t understand the need to make excuses for a stranger making $2m a year.
I guess you forgot the cloud of the NCAA Adidas scandal. That really hurt recruiting. I just feel the entire picture has has to be examined before passing judgment.

You recruit it and fill all 13 spots, not 11.
Like just throwing bodies out there is going to produce wins. The team lost several major contributors this past season. You can't just throw bodies out there and expect winning results even if you have them which they didn't.

I guess you forgot the cloud of the NCAA Adidas scandal. That really hurt recruiting. I just feel the entire picture has has to be examined before passing judgment.
Like just throwing bodies out there is going to produce wins. The team lost several major contributors this past season. You can't just throw bodies out there and expect winning results even if you have them which they didn't.
He didn’t have the bodies because he didn’t recruit them. The Adidas thing was YEARS ago now. It can’t be an excuse forever and at this point it isn’t what is preventing us from having any useful bigs in the roster. I ask this without sarcasm - how long do you allow that to be an excuse?

I appreciate what L did for this program, but this is a tall task ahead and one that I don’t think L has in him at this point of his career. Sometimes you just need a new energy and fresh voice, and all evidence says we are there. You don’t put off to tomorrow what must be done today.

Advertisement
I get the past coupleof seasons, but you can't complain about this year when you can't even fill out 2-deep of scholarship players because of injuries. What do you expect any coqch to do

Past couple of seasons? It has been three straight seasons. Three straight losing seasons. Three straight atrocious seasons all littered with roster management issues.

I expect the coach to make changes to his staff and fill the roster.

I understand being unhappy with the padt 2 seasons, but ehat fo expect any coach to do when he/she doesn't even have 2-deep of scholarship players because of injuries?

It has been three straight seasons. Not two. Again, once is understandable but coach has had issues for the last three seasons.

Also, how many players this year (on our team) were impacted by COVID? Compare that number to the other teams in the ACC/Nation.

Completely unrealistic expectations playing in the ACC. Duke and Kentucky didn't even nake the NCAA tournament. I guess coach K and Calipari should both be fired.

Your porst somehow got worse here. When was the last time Coach K or Calipari had three straight losings seasons? How about two?

That's like wanting Manny fired for going 4-8 if King, TVD, Matocha, and Garcia are all out for the season. Unrealistic!!!!

If you're going to complain about a season, at least do it when the coach has his full roster.

It has been three straight losing seasons with similar issues.

Side Note: Manny is a loser.

ESL?

It’s entertaining to watch you rage against the so-called mediocritythat you live every day in your regular life.

Meanwhile, the Sweet 16 donors, trustees, and AD - who have actually attained the success that you whine about achieving on a message board - will make the decisions.

Cry harder.

Advertisement
Past couple of seasons? It has been three straight seasons. Three straight losing seasons. Three straight atrocious seasons all littered with roster management issues.

I expect the coach to make changes to his staff and fill the roster.

It has been three straight seasons. Not two. Again, once is understandable but coach has had issues for the last three seasons.

Also, how many players this year (on our team) were impacted by COVID? Compare that number to the other teams in the ACC/Nation.

Your porst somehow got worse here. When was the last time Coach K or Calipari had three straight losings seasons? How about two?

It has been three straight losing seasons with similar issues.

Side Note: Manny is a loser.
Really don't see why you show any interest in the athletic program. You're toxic.

You realize the Adidas investigation was brought on by one of the assistant coaches on Coach L's staff, right? It's not like the NCAA or FBI just pulled their names out of a hat and decided to name Miami in their investigation. Make no mistake about it, Miami should be counting their lucky stars that the investigation failed to prove any infractions or violations were committed by them, but that doesn't mean it didn't happen. Also, an injury or 2 is bad luck. However, Miami has been having injury issues for 3 years now. Recurring injury problems at some point need to be called something else besides just bad luck. Lastly, the roster issues we're currently having fall squarely on the HC. He gets paid the big bucks, because ultimately it's his decision as to who we recruit and we don't. Recruiting has been pretty bad lately and the few recruits we do get are being ran off. Poor roster management is the biggest reason why we played most of the year with 7 scholarship players. Miami has a record of 33-49 in their last 3 years. Injuries and scandals aside, poor play is the biggest reason why Miami needs to make changes to their coaching staff.

It’s entertaining to watch you rage against the so-called mediocritythat you live every day in your regular life.

Meanwhile, the Sweet 16 donors, trustees, and AD - who have actually attained the success that you whine about achieving on a message board - will make the decisions.

Cry harder.

Another porst. "Rage"? Haha.

Side note: What are the "sweet 16 donors"? Is that a club where you, Blake James and 14 other tranny ***ers take it from Blake's "wife"?

Advertisement
You realize the Adidas investigation was brought on by one of the assistant coaches on Coach L's staff, right? It's not like the NCAA or FBI just pulled their names out of a hat and decided to name Miami in their investigation. Make no mistake about it, Miami should be counting their lucky stars that the investigation failed to prove any infractions or violations were committed by them, but that doesn't mean it didn't happen. Also, an injury or 2 is bad luck. However, Miami has been having injury issues for 3 years now. Recurring injury problems at some point need to be called something else besides just bad luck. Lastly, the roster issues we're currently having fall squarely on the HC. He gets paid the big bucks, because ultimately it's his decision as to who we recruit and we don't. Recruiting has been pretty bad lately and the few recruits we do get are being ran off. Poor roster management is the biggest reason why we played most of the year with 7 scholarship players. Miami has a record of 33-49 in their last 3 years. Injuries and scandals aside, poor play is the biggest reason why Miami needs to make changes to their coaching staff.
This. I really don't understand why it's so hard for some of these slurpers to admit there are serious problems with this program's current state. Coach L had a ton of success his first 7 years. But that was the past, and this is now. It's like some of these blind homers think L deserves a lifetime contract because he got us an ACC title 8 years ago, so they have an answer and an excuse for everything. 8 years ago is ancient history.

It was widespread with Adidas. I have no skin in this game, but there are some reasonable explanations why the roster numbers are what the are. Context matters.

It was widespread with Adidas. I have no skin in this game, but there are some reasonable explanations why the roster numbers are what the are. Context matters.
Are we going to blame the Adidas scandal for why 3 years later we still can't recruit a big man out of high school? Or why the only 2 recruits from last year's class, Timberlake and Cross, both left the program? We can't continue to use this as an excuse for our current failures.

Are we going to blame the Adidas scandal for why 3 years later we still can't recruit a big man out of high school? Or why the only 2 recruits from last year's class, Timberlake and Cross, both left the program? We can't continue to use this as an excuse for our current failures.
I didn't say that, you did. The Adidas scan did affect recruiting. By how much, who knows?

This whole discussion started from talking about this past season and has shifted. My postion was and is that the expectations given the injuries to key players have been unreasonable.

Bringing up the past few years may warrant firing Coach L, but this season doesn't.

Advertisement
Back