Timberlake

Yet some people were trying to say cause we won two meaningless ACC tourney games that Larrañaga should return...SMH

literally haven’t gotten a freshman recruit in what 2-3 years to stay? Completely unacceptable. The program is BROKEN! It needs new life or else we’ll be playing women from our girls team to help out with depth.

FIRECOACHL
Get a grip on reality. The team played the entire season with no more than 7 scholarship players because of injuries.

Fans our so dillusional. Y'all want coach L to turn water in wine and he doesn't even have a full glass of water.

Advertisement
You got it.

So was Bruce Brown and he is playing pretty well with the Nets.
And please don't say that you could play well on the Nets.
James nor Kyrie would pass you the ball. 😂.

No, because Bruce was actually good at basketball, whereas Earl was just more physically developed than all the guys he was playing against.

That porster was Austincane?
I think it’s the same Austin who hates Dwins. I don’t follow what goes on here on this board. I happened to see the screen name as a new member and since he’s done that a couple of times I started looking into it. He doesn’t really try to hide it so there’s something else to it. Sounds like he has an email issue.

Advertisement
So we shouldn't expect consistent tourney appearances because "Miami" yet freakin Turdsville of all places went back to back not too long ago. Yeh that makes sense.

Get a grip on reality. The team played the entire season with no more than 7 scholarship players because of injuries.

Fans our so dillusional. Y'all want coach L to turn water in wine and he doesn't even have a full glass of water.
How about the last two years? Can you still complain about depth if you don’t recruit a full roster?

He doesn’t have a full glass of water because he hasn’t recruited one.

Advertisement
The current basketball situation sucks and seems to be worsening. Fingers have been pointed at coach, staff, AD, fans, and the ficklefinger of fate. There's been a lot of posting action about this, some by CIS we seldom see in this forum. I sure wish someone had some insider or other reliable-type info shedding more light on the dumpster fire.

I’m delusional because I expect our team to be able to have a full roster every year?!?! Obviously something is wrong with the program when EVERY YEAR for the last 3-4 years we’ve been dealing with major injury problems. What the **** are they doing in practice to cause these problems? Also the multiple players to transfer out over the last 2 years signals that the kids no longer enjoy playing for coach L. Watch when Lykes transfers to Georgetown here soon what’s the excuse going to be? Aint no way in **** he missed an entire year for a freaking sprained ankle...there’s definitely more to the story. If no changes are made our team is literally going to have to grab 5-6 players in the transfer portal just to field a squad next year. How you can be ok with this and make excuses for Larrañaga is the problem. You are the delusional fan that can see the writing on the wall. Change is 100% needed.

Advertisement

We have a porst. People are only upset because of one bad season, this past season. Just one past season. Everything was great before this past season!

1. This past season was the third straight losing season for Coach L. This is a feat that neither Perry Clark or Frank Haith accomplished.

2. This past season was our third straight losing season in conference for Coach L.

Bonus: Coach L finished this past ACC regular season with a conference record of 4-15. This was our worst conference record since we began ACC play. Haith's worst record, in conference, was 4-12.

Everyone just needs to get a grip!

I’m delusional because I expect our team to be able to have a full roster every year?!?! Obviously something is wrong with the program when EVERY YEAR for the last 3-4 years we’ve been dealing with major injury problems. What the **** are they doing in practice to cause these problems? Also the multiple players to transfer out over the last 2 years signals that the kids no longer enjoy playing for coach L. Watch when Lykes transfers to Georgetown here soon what’s the excuse going to be? Aint no way in **** he missed an entire year for a freaking sprained ankle...there’s definitely more to the story. If no changes are made our team is literally going to have to grab 5-6 players in the transfer portal just to field a squad next year. How you can be ok with this and make excuses for Larrañaga is the problem. You are the delusional fan that can see the writing on the wall. Change is 100% needed.

That poster said you were "dillusional" not "delusional". Maybe they meant something different.

Advertisement
Apparently Lykes is linked to Georgetown so there’s that too lol. I don’t expect Lykes to be back here next season.
Georgetown has emerging star Donte Harris at PG next season. They also recruited 5 star Aminu Mohammed (#18 on ESPN Top 100) to start at SG. I really don't see a fit for Lykes.

People saying fire Coach L but we'd be no better next year by getting rid of him. Miami Basketball is Miami Basketball. Its ceiling is simply a lot lower than football and baseball is at UM and people need to realize that. We don't have power forwards growing on trees at Columbus High, nor do we have point guards popping up at Westminster down the road to recruit. Being in South Florida provides little to no built-in advantage in the winter indoor sports. Some of Coach L's teams have been fun and exciting, but what we've enjoyed is an anomaly. We should be thankful we got to experience it at all.

The athletic department would be wiser taking some of the basketball investment and putting it into baseball instead. There is no reason baseball shouldn't be the true second sport here. It's a program that will actually contend and possibly win a national title, with the history to prove it. Basketball has no chance to compete long-term with the ACC blue bloods, much less even many mid-major programs in the Northeast. Perhaps some tough decisions need to be made regarding the long-term future of the program. Football and baseball could seriously benefit.
First off, basketball is the one sport that doesn’t rely on football to finance their program. The hoops program generates more money than baseball so don’t see the wisdom in taking away from basketball. Matter of fact, it’s a pretty dumb idea. You might as well say bring back the soccer program, because we’ve got plenty of soccer players down here.

Also, we may not have “PF’s growing on trees at Columbus” or “PGs popping up at Westminster” but there’s plenty of basketball talent in South Florida for our hoops team.

First off, basketball is the one sport that doesn’t rely on football to finance their program. The hoops program generates more money than baseball so don’t see the wisdom in taking away from basketball. Matter of fact, it’s a pretty dumb idea. You might as well say bring back the soccer program, because we’ve got plenty of soccer players down here.

Also, we may not have “PF’s growing on trees at Columbus” or “PGs popping up at Westminster” but there’s plenty of basketball talent in South Florida for our hoops team.

That porster isn't capable of understanding the facts.

We have a porst. People are only upset because of one bad season, this past season. Just one past season. Everything was great before this past season!

1. This past season was the third straight losing season for Coach L. This is a feat that neither Perry Clark or Frank Haith accomplished.

2. This past season was our third straight losing season in conference for Coach L.

Bonus: Coach L finished this past ACC regular season with a conference record of 4-15. This was our worst conference record since we began ACC play. Haith's worst record, in conference, was 4-12.

I get the past coupleof seasons, but you can't complain about this year when you can't even fill out 2-deep of scholarship players because of injuries. What do you expect any coqch to do

I understand being unhappy with the padt 2 seasons, but ehat fo expect any coach to do when he/she doesn't even have 2-deep of scholarship players because of injuries?

Completely unrealistic expectations playing in the ACC. Duke and Kentucky didn't even nake the NCAA tournament. I guess coach K and Calipari should both be fired.

That's like wanting Manny fired for going 4-8 if King, TVD, Matocha, and Garcia are all out for the season. Unrealistic!!!!

If you're going to complain about a season, at least do it when the coach has his full roster.

Advertisement
Back