Timberlake

Apparently Lykes is linked to Georgetown so there’s that too lol. I don’t expect Lykes to be back here next season.

Lykes opted out after his injury....he just didnt tell anybody. He saw his teammates go out there with 7 scholarship players trying to compete and left them hanging night in and night out. He couldve played this year and had another year at Georgetown next year. He just quit

Advertisement
People saying fire Coach L but we'd be no better next year by getting rid of him. Miami Basketball is Miami Basketball.

We have a porst. There is no point reading anymore after this chit above.

1. Miami Basketball is Miami Basketball, what does that mean?

Does that mean we can't win the conference championship? Nope. Because we did.

Does that mean we can't consistently make the NCAAT? Nope. During his first 7 seasons, we made the NCAAT 4 times. Including 3 times in a row.

Does that mean we hit our ceiling? Impossible to know. Likely not. When Coach hit his groove, had a good staff and the right type of roster; he was doing very good in the most difficult conference. It wasn't a big deal to beat UNC or Duke because he was consistently doing it. He even had winning records against those teams. Perhaps if he stuck to the right roster (e.g. maturity) and made necessary coaching changes, we could have made it further.

On a side note: Remember that time we won an ACC conference championship in football. Nope. It never happened. In fact, our last conference championship was ~20 years ago.

2. How do you know we'd be no better next year? We know that Coach L is in his 70s. We know he doesn't like forcing changes on his staff. We know that he has 3 straight atrocious seasons.

The only thing I'll say that is if Blake James and our BOTs conduct the search, we probably will make an atrocious decision and then we'd probably have another chit season. That isn't saying much. We should have made a change a long time ago.

------------------------------

Here is a comparison for everyone: Coach L's first 5 seasons versus his last 5 seasons.

First Five Seasons

Overall Record: 118-57 (67%)
Conference Record: 54-34 (61%)
NCAAT Appearances: 2
Average Conference Finish: 4.6
Conference Championships: 1
Furthest into NCAAT: Sweet 16 x 2
Losing Seasons: 0

Last Five Seasons

Overall Record: 82-73 (53%)
Conference Record: 37-56 (40%)
NCAAT Appearances: 2
Average Conference Finish: 8.8
Conference Championships: 0
Furthest into NCAAT: Round of 64
Losing Seasons: 3 (3 Straight)

Last edited:
The point about south Florida hoops is wrong. Is so flo as loaded in hoops as it is in baseball and football? No but you can absolutely field a competitive acc club with kids from south Florida and Florida as a whole. The problem is, this staff doesn’t even try to land the kids in our backyard

I honestly don't know why you read that porst. I stopped reading after the first few words. You can't respond to a porst with logic and reasoning; you're wasting your time.

He thought he'd be a one and done, now he's going to have to stay in school(Should be a 3-4 year player after watching how utterly raw he is as an offensive play) and I don't think he was prepared to play so far from home for an extended period of time. Homesickness is a thing, and you could see him become disengaged as he wasn't able to play.
Glad to see the professional excuse maker is in March form.

Advertisement
I don't like discussing football on this board but the reason our football program has Manny Diaz is the same reason our basketball program has Coach L (in this condition/state)...it is because our dipchits in charge don't care and there is no leadership. It seems like the only thing they love is self-inflicted cancer. That is why Blake James, the tranny ***ing puppet who needed 5 years to graduate from Minnesota State Mankato. is allowed to be AD.

We love delaying the obvious. We love running athletics with apathy and zero accountability. We love to waste money. We love to do nothing.
So you aren’t a fan of whet Diaz is doing?

People saying fire Coach L but we'd be no better next year by getting rid of him. Miami Basketball is Miami Basketball. Its ceiling is simply a lot lower than football and baseball is at UM and people need to realize that. We don't have power forwards growing on trees at Columbus High, nor do we have point guards popping up at Westminster down the road to recruit. Being in South Florida provides little to no built-in advantage in the winter indoor sports. Some of Coach L's teams have been fun and exciting, but what we've enjoyed is an anomaly. We should be thankful we got to experience it at all.

The athletic department would be wiser taking some of the basketball investment and putting it into baseball instead. There is no reason baseball shouldn't be the true second sport here. It's a program that will actually contend and possibly win a national title, with the history to prove it. Basketball has no chance to compete long-term with the ACC blue bloods, much less even many mid-major programs in the Northeast. Perhaps some tough decisions need to be made regarding the long-term future of the program. Football and baseball could seriously benefit.
Out of curiosity, would you have said the same about FSU five or so years ago, because I’m pretty sure every excuse and limitation you just made for Miami would have applied to them.

The whole 'Miami Basketball can't win argument' argument is incredibly lazy and shortsighted. Georgia bleeping Tech of all programs just won the ACC. It takes a coaching staff that can recruit the right players into your system (not necessarily the highest ranked guys), a culture of player development, and then guys buying in. We've recruited places like NC, NY/NJ, Philly/DC and won a ton of games so the formula is clearly there.

This was in place during the first 5 or 6 years of Larranaga's tenure but his inability to even adequately replace assistants like Huger, Konkol and or Jamal Brunt has been a huge part of his undoing, especially as he continues to get up there in age. There's a reason Caputo has never been offered a HC job and guys like Schwartz and Bill Courtney hardly move the needle.

Your coaching staff sets the tone when it comes to setting a foundational culture and doesn't require tens of millions of dollars to implement.

Advertisement
How many accounts have you had before this one? You're free to read my post history and learn my thoughts on him.
I consolidated two accounts into one due to an email address change and no, I really don't feel like searching for your drivel so I'm just going to assume it's your same, regurgitated opinion about the athletic program.

Georgia bleeping Tech of all programs just won the ACC.

This is correct. GT won the ACC this year but let's not act like this was a random year with no chit going on. How much of this was just luck?

1. They were lucky enough to play us. This was our third game, they were "fresh". There is a reason that no 13th ranked team makes the quarter finals in the ACC tourney. They could have easily played Clemson.

2. After they barely beat us, they were lucky that UVA had to "forfeit". In addition to a game they easily could have lost, they get to rest. Remember UVA was the #1 seed.

3. This is the weirdest year in the ACC I can remember. How often do neither Duke or UNC finish in the top 4?

4. GT was able to get the 4th seed in the ACC with an 11-6 record. In 5th and 6th place were UNC and Clemson, both at 10-6. Each played one less conference game than GT. If every team had to play 18 games, or at least played the same amount of games, who knows where everyone finishes. VT finished the conference at 9-4. They played only 13 conference games. I understand that GT controls none of this but perhaps before they give Pastner a contract into perpetuity they should see the big picture. Perhaps Pastner had a fluke season, some of which was luck, and he will go back to being a sub .500 ACC coach.

I consolidated two accounts into one due to an email address change and no, I really don't feel like searching for your drivel so I'm just going to assume it's your same, regurgitated opinion about the athletic program.

"Drivel"? How do you know it is "drivel"? If you know my posts, why are you asking my thoughts on Diaz?

What was your other handle?

Advertisement
team played well at the end and props to those that put it all out there. saying that, time for L to retire.

Our name isn’t even being mentioned with any transfers. And we’ll need like 6 or 7 transfers at this rate.
It’s a big deal because we are dangerously thin in terms of just having a team. The roster consists of Wong, Beverly, Walker. We have 2 signed recruits and 1 committed but not signed. That is 6 guys. Maybe Olaniyi comes back. And good luck getting any transfers to sign up for this mess.

Advertisement
Obviously you can win at Miami, as Consigliere pointed out with Coach L. Let's also not forget that Hamilton went 64-28 and 39-13 in the Big East (best record in the BE during that time), winning a share of the BE title in 2000 and getting to the Sweet 16 in 2000. Also, the 2001-2002 might have been the most talented, going 24-8, 10-6 but Perry Clark ruined that.

He thought he'd be a one and done, now he's going to have to stay in school(Should be a 3-4 year player after watching how utterly raw he is as an offensive play) and I don't think he was prepared to play so far from home for an extended period of time. Homesickness is a thing, and you could see him become disengaged as he wasn't able to play.
Dude, give the excuse making a break. This is your silliest one yet.

Advertisement
Back