Timberlake

As a 6’6 SF that plays more like a PF 🤣🤣🤣 let’s revisit this one in a couple years.

You got it.
Any NBA scout with half a brain would realize he was only highly ranked in high school because he was 2 years older than every other player on the court.

He shoots from his f cking nose. Barring a complete overhaul to his game offensively, he isn't a legitimate NBA prospect, and he never was.

So was Bruce Brown and he is playing pretty well with the Nets.
And please don't say that you could play well on the Nets.
James nor Kyrie would pass you the ball. 😂.

Advertisement
Obviously you can win at Miami, as Consigliere pointed out with Coach L. Let's also not forget that Hamilton went 64-28 and 39-13 in the Big East (best record in the BE during that time), winning a share of the BE title in 2000 and getting to the Sweet 16 in 2000. Also, the 2001-2002 might have been the most talented, going 24-8, 10-6 but Perry Clark ruined that.

Agreed. There are plenty of qualified coaches available. There will be plenty of qualified coaches available. This all starts above Coach L. The problem is our leadership is atrocious and non-existent.

Wong seems to like it here but I’m concerned he could end up in the portal. He would have a lot of options better than coming back here to play on the worst team in the league.

If any of those remaining 3 guys leave, this hole becomes enormous. We would probably have to scrap together some low D1 guys to even put a team on the court. Totally absurd this has been allowed to happen.

Wong seems to like it here but I’m concerned he could end up in the portal. He would have a lot of options better than coming back here to play on the worst team in the league.

If any of those remaining 3 guys leave, this hole becomes enormous. We would probably have to scrap together some low D1 guys to even put a team on the court. Totally absurd this has been allowed to happen.
Even if all 3 of them stay, we keep all 3 incoming recruits (assuming Joseph signs), and we convince a couple of the seniors to stay, that’s an 8 man team. L will use lack of depth as an excuse again - before any injuries even happen.

Advertisement
He was a projected lottery pick before arriving at Miami. Earl can play. The problem is the coach.
Just go to the 2020 recruiting thread. There are plenty of game highlights of Earls skills before getting to Miami.
Different positions and all but ... Timberlake was the "jewel" of the DeMatha recruiting class, not his teammate, Hunter ****inson (who has been great for Michigan).

If there is more attrition to occur, where do you guys see it coming from? The remaining roster, or from the new recruits.

Advertisement
If there is more attrition to occur, where do you guys see it coming from? The remaining roster, or from the new recruits.

The 2021 recruiting class will decommit as soon as the coaching staff is released.
Remember though, Bensley Joseph never signed his letter of intent.

Joseph hasn’t signed so I would say he’s at risk. The only underclassmen on the returning roster are Wong, Beverly, and Walker. I can’t see Walker leaving because he’s all but guaranteed a starting spot. I could see Wong leaving if he wants to play for a better team. Who knows with Beverly.

Advertisement
**** I hope Wong doesn't bolt. This is crazy. Almost have to beg a lot of these seniors to come back now just to field a team with depth. Gna be active in the transfer market too...hope some decent guys wanna come down to UM

She should just own it then.
Not going down the “she” thing path. I’m just saying who it is, without any ill will, because the account name keeps changing and I think it’s a reasonable question to answer.

It's definitely not looking good. For what it's worth Lykes went to high school in DC so it sounds like he might just want to be closer to home hence the Georgetown rumor. As for next year we do have two top 100 recruits Jakai Robinson and Bensley Joseph committed.

Advertisement
**** I hope Wong doesn't bolt. This is crazy. Almost have to beg a lot of these seniors to come back now just to field a team with depth. Gna be active in the transfer market too...hope some decent guys wanna come down to UM
Coach L has already been openly begging them to come back. And now I see why. Sad state of affairs

The point about south Florida hoops is wrong. Is so flo as loaded in hoops as it is in baseball and football? No but you can absolutely field a competitive acc club with kids from south Florida and Florida as a whole. The problem is, this staff doesn’t even try to land the kids in our backyard
Yeah, I have noticed that the top recruits we've landed have pretty much all been from Coach Ls backyard rather than Florida.

Advertisement
Back