Timberlake

It's going to be very interesting to see if Timberlake follows Fisher to Penn St. I wonder if Fisher was asked to leave after Timberlake announced he was transferring, or if Timberlake is transferring because Fisher found the new gig.

Advertisement
It's going to be very interesting to see if Timberlake follows Fisher to Penn St. I wonder if Fisher was asked to leave after Timberlake announced he was transferring, or if Timberlake is transferring because Fisher found the new gig.

The other possibility is they both independently realized Miami basketball is going to be a disaster for the foreseeable future, and sought refuge elsewhere.

Gone to Memphis
Not a glowing endorsement of this staph on his way out, and mirrors a lot of the complaints on here.

"I felt like I can learn a lot from [coach] Penny Hardaway -- all he's done in his career," Timberlake said to ESPN. "I like the way they defend, they have the No. 1-ranked defense in the country. I can add to that. I like how they see my game. They know I can pass and they'll help me get back to defending the way I know I can defend and try to win a national championship. I appreciate everyone for recruiting me and I'm going to do my best at Memphis."

Advertisement
Not a glowing endorsement of this staph on his way out, and mirrors a lot of the complaints on here.

"I felt like I can learn a lot from [coach] Penny Hardaway -- all he's done in his career," Timberlake said to ESPN. "I like the way they defend, they have the No. 1-ranked defense in the country. I can add to that. I like how they see my game. They know I can pass and they'll help me get back to defending the way I know I can defend and try to win a national championship. I appreciate everyone for recruiting me and I'm going to do my best at Memphis."
Between this and the way the Cross and Lykes situations are handled, good grief.

Strange thing to say considering his defense was basically the only thing he didn't suck at last year.

Advertisement
Advertisement
That he didn't even go P5 says a lot. Dude isn't very good, straight up.
You wouldn't be saying that if he ended up at Gonzaga, Houston, or one of the Big East schools. Many of these mid-major and GO5 schools are running programs as competent and well-funded as Power 5 schools, and in most cases, far exceeding what Miami is doing.

Agreed. Memphis is a pretty solid program. They're not a top tier program right now, but it's not like Timberlake is transferring to some random lower level mid major either.
You wouldn't be saying that if he ended up at Gonzaga, Houston, or one of the Big East schools. Many of these mid-major and GO5 schools are running programs as competent and well-funded as Power 5 schools, and in most cases, far exceeding what Miami is doing.

Advertisement

I've been saying this guy sucked since he played like his second game at UM. I don't care where he goes, he isn't good.

That's the great thing about basketball. Get the right coach and a few really good players and you're back in the picture! Unlike football where you need 40 contributing.
That's why I said 5 years. Not like we couldn't turn it around sooner, but if L is likely going to be here until his contract runs out that's 3 years, plus another 2 years for the new coach to get acclimated and put his system in place.

Advertisement
Back