Tim "Ice" Harris staying on staff?? looks like it....

Last edited:
Advertisement
Scott must be kept . What he did after the firing is inspiring to say the least. He is my favorite assistant coach maybe ever .

Keep or do not keep, it's up to Richt 100% and trust he knows the best move for his system.
Absolutely nothing personal I'm sure, it's just he needs to beđź’Ż
With his staff

The whole point of firing golden and hiring a proven coach is so he can bring in a great staff.

Great coaches will wanna work for CMR. No reason to hold onto guys like Ice. Way better coaches and recruiters out there.

He said he gets 100 texts a day and 50 voice mails and i bet you 75% of them aree more qualified than what we have

Baez is the only sure one. Beard is another i wouldnt mind keeping

The rest its about to coach

Advertisement
Ice is a **** good coach man. Stop with the we're only keeping him bcuz he recruits.

Our mediocre *** RBs had good seasons. Give him a Todd Gurley type and look out

They ain't do it because of ice. He isn't even a good recruiter. What recruits has he landed?

And Yearby is a beast.

He's only mediocre next to Duke.

The same Duke that half the guys one this site said was garbage?

This^^^^^

Bunch of whack fans that don't know crap always flapping their lips.

Duke is a special talent and balled for us in spite of having perhaps the worst corch and corching staff in the history of major college football.

As far as anyone criticizing Ice's coaching. You're dead wrong. Dude can coach. Also did an admirable job considering the ******* that he was working for.

Bottom line is the top kids for the last couple years knew what was up. It's not a coincidence that the beast DT's didn't wanna come during Folden's tenure. Same thing with lots of top flight WR's and RB's. Walton we got cause of Ice and Yearby because of Coley. If not, we don't even land them. Think about that for a second.

Again- Baez has an off-field position. He will be back most likely. The rest of the staff will be gone

They did not want to play for Golden.

Doesnt matter how we lost the area but we have certainly lost it and Ice Harris wasnt able to do anything to stop that. I see no evidence at all that Ice is able to bring in recruits even from the Miami area.

If no one wants to play for your coach there is nothing anyone can do. I don't care how good of a recruiter you are. People are not dumb and knew Golden's scheme and coaching was trash.

We still have some done fine recruits coming from other schools like STA and Gulliver yet some how we arent getting these guys from the apparent "stomping ground" schools that Ice should be getting them from. Using golden as excuse is a cop out.

You are not listening. They did not want to play for Al Golden. This is fact. The kids we got wanted to come to UM regardless of the coach. Those kids were coming no matter what.

I said years ago that no DT's where coming because of Golden scheme. All we landed were DE's because telling a DE that he could play standing up like a LB was a dream for most DE.

We had no chance at the other top players because Golden's name was so bad in S Florida

Your 1000% correct..... some people wont get that though..

Can someone explain to me something:

If recruits only come bc of head coach, and that's why Ice didn't get any recruits, then why do we need him?

We have a new coach who can recruit, so why need Ice??

Advertisement
RB Coach is a recruiting spot. Ice doesn't hurt you there.

There's a place for one, MAYBE two, recruiters on staff. The rest need to be legit coaches.

Are we sure Ice isn't a legit coach? His Booker T teams were talented, but they overachieved in many ways.

Yearby and Walton have done a pretty good job in pass protection and the passing game.

Advertisement

There's a place for one, MAYBE two, recruiters on staff. The rest need to be legit coaches.

Are we sure Ice isn't a legit coach? His Booker T teams were talented, but they overachieved in many ways.

Yearby and Walton have done a pretty good job in pass protection and the passing game.

He's a HS coach. Miami has too many unproven or green coaches on staff. Other than being from Miami what has he done to earn a spot on this staff? If he was from Indiana he wouldn't have the gig.

I think he's an okay coach but we could do better.

Advertisement
Honestly, only coach I actually really want to keep is Beard. Don't care all that much if everyone else is fired. In a perfect world maybe Hurlie and Scott are kept. But Baez and Beard are probably the best guys to keep.

Honestly, only coach I actually really want to keep is Beard. Don't care all that much if everyone else is fired. In a perfect world maybe Hurlie and Scott are kept. But Baez and Beard are probably the best guys to keep.

Not understanding why most agree we had worst coaching staff in America, but people wanna keep half of them. Mostly because of recruiting it seems. Doesn't make sense. Richt didn't have ice, or baez when he stole Sony. Saban didn't need them to get cooper. Etc...etc... The studs wanna win. Period. I want our coaches to be "coaches ", not recruiters. That said, I trust mark to make the right hires, no matter who it winds up being. It's his job/rep on the line.

Advertisement
Back