Thomas Gore portal

Advertisement
The other thing that saved norvell is Travis turned himself into a big time college qb. Like a Manziel Light. Not elite throwing but hate FSU all we want the kid was a nuisance and mad that offense go with his escapability and ability to take hits and typically play on. They are lucky they didn’t bail on him or last year doesn’t happen.

When I see the need at S, I wonder if the desire for a safety can be satisfied by a new CB. New boundary CB (Houston Kid), Demari to the Nickel, and Powell to the Safety. IDK but it would seem to be to open up options.

Hill already provided this move. Powell could move to safety now, but we could use a starter opposite him. Patterson will get a lot of PT but the rest of the room is meh.

Current DTs:

CJ Clark
Ahmad Moten
Marley Cook
Josh Horton
Anthony Campbell

yikes
Let's try to predict the game 1 depth chart

CJ Clark and Cook start (Barrow over Cook if he transfers to Miami)

5 guys battle it out for 2nd and 3rd team

Josh Horton, Justin Scott, Anthony Campbell, Ahmad Moten, Artavius Jones

*I could see Mesidor or Bain slide inside in certain packages (3rd and long)

Last edited:
Alot of posters definitely talked themselves into liking Gore last offseason. But unfortunately, that was a failed experiment HOWEVER I wont bash the kid because he absolutely came at a time when we were so desperate for DTs that we probably should have had an open tryout and invited the whole city of Miami out. He really saved us. But that time is done and its time for both parties to move on. Gore needs to go back to FCS level and we need to upgrade the room. Good luck to the man moving forward.

Advertisement
So, I have a question. But before I ask my question, I fully understand that I've come across as a jerk in a lot of my interactions, but I am truly sincere when I ask this question.

Concerning the private zoom calls for Canes Connection and CIS, you said, "All, I'll be having an exclusive private Zoom chat tonight (Tuesday) at 8 pm for members of Canes Connection, the official NIL collective of Miami Athletics. I'll answer questions on practice, the Portal and recruiting. This will include information I cannot share on a public forum. I will also answer your questions. As you can imagine given the partner, this will be the most direct and "inside" information available anywhere in the Canes world".

But in the above post that I'm responding to you said, "This move is something I alluded to on yesterday's Canes Connection private Zoom call". The term "allude" describes mentioning something indirectly or to hint at.

Here's my question: In the private zoom calls, why would you "allude" to something when the private zoom calls are being advertised as something "direct" with "inside information"?

Again, I'm not trying to be a jerk. I hope no one on this board, especially the owner of the site thinks that. If so, I will be glad to delete the post and the question. Thank you.
It’s a fair question. I give as much direct and specific information as I can- more than I can share in a public forum.

But some stuff- like discussing names that aren’t in the Portal yet- is taboo for reasons you can understand. There is a Q and A session when people ask questions like that. So I give as much as I can, which is usually a position (“Expect a DT departure or two.”)

can we get rid of cam speaking of. hes taking a spot we dont need him to and we have way more talented TEs on the roster
QU3YSdsm2dkLJ2bb0E.gif

Advertisement
can we get rid of cam speaking of. hes taking a spot we dont need him to and we have way more talented TEs on the roster
All jokes aside there’s gotta be some loophole in the college rule books about a kid like this

Some sort of honorary Van Wilder scholarship that doesn’t count against the football team

Advertisement
Advertisement
Current DTs:

CJ Clark
Ahmad Moten
Marley Cook
Josh Horton
Anthony Campbell

yikes
This is nowhere near a conference champion or a playoff contending DT rotation.Maybe even with the addition of Barrow.Offense will need to score a ton this season.

Don't think they had to get Zo out or anything. He was doing what Mario wanted him to do and it could have changed any time.

I think its the heat and pressure and realizing what we can do with Cam Ward.

It took a shift of focus on adding true difference makers. I bet they wish they tried harder on a few guys last cycle and we would be so far ahead of where we are right now. Probably would have won more games and closed on JS and others.
Caleb Downs is someone we would’ve thrown crazy money at

The other thing that saved norvell is Travis turned himself into a big time college qb. Like a Manziel Light. Not elite throwing but hate FSU all we want the kid was a nuisance and mad that offense go with his escapability and ability to take hits and typically play on. They are lucky they didn’t bail on him or last year doesn’t happen.
Manziel beat Saban. Let that sink in.
Tamu took a deep dive after he left.
I’ve spoken about this exact same scenario in the past. No way fsu has the same success without Travis.
And it’s not the only time a really good qb does this to a team.
UCF with Mckenzie
Louisville with Bridgewater and Jackson.
Stanford with Luck.

Those teams couldn’t continue the success they had with their qb’s because
A: it’s hard to find and B: they don’t have the recruiting success to make average qbs successful.

It’s likely the reason why Mario is stocking up. He sees an opportunity with Ward and is trying to maximize it.

Advertisement
Back