Thomas Gore portal

Advertisement
Even if 3 more or however many we need don't portal out - the roster just has to be trimmed by fall camp to 85. There's probably 3-4 guys that just "retire" and go to school or stay and finish 1 semester of school. Redding, Nelson, and Balom come to mind.

That is what Chris Washington did. He didn't portal until he graduated but wasn't on the roster last fall.
Still don't understand why Zion is still on the roster. Guy is literally trying to pull a Milton from Office Space.

Gore was obvious. You are literally the only person trying to lump the two together, especially when Cook is two inches taller and many who actually follow the team for a living think he'll contribute next year

Same thing coming out of Spring/Summer last year about Gore.

“Oh, he’ll contribute!”

Contribute what exactly?

No. He'll be gone in 8 months. Relax.
He is gonna play a ton and get targets at critical times with drops isnt he??

Sad No Way GIF by Tennis TV

Advertisement
Even if 3 more or however many we need don't portal out - the roster just has to be trimmed by fall camp to 85. There's probably 3-4 guys that just "retire" and go to school or stay and finish 1 semester of school. Redding, Nelson, and Balom come to mind.

That is what Chris Washington did. He didn't portal until he graduated but wasn't on the roster last fall.
Kirk doesn't make any sense either, he isnt going to play so he would just be burning another year of eligibility. He has 1 or 2 left and he is actually really solid. He should jump in the portal as well.

Advertisement
This move is something I alluded to on yesterday's Canes Connection private Zoom.

The evaluation wasn't the problem as much as the previous bad DT recruiting. Everybody knew Gore was short and limited. He played, which speaks to the need at DT last year.

As we improve the talent at the position, it is easier for someone like Gore to move on to a more suitable program for his physical talents.
So, I have a question. But before I ask my question, I fully understand that I've come across as a jerk in a lot of my interactions, but I am truly sincere when I ask this question.

Concerning the private zoom calls for Canes Connection and CIS, you said, "All, I'll be having an exclusive private Zoom chat tonight (Tuesday) at 8 pm for members of Canes Connection, the official NIL collective of Miami Athletics. I'll answer questions on practice, the Portal and recruiting. This will include information I cannot share on a public forum. I will also answer your questions. As you can imagine given the partner, this will be the most direct and "inside" information available anywhere in the Canes world".

But in the above post that I'm responding to you said, "This move is something I alluded to on yesterday's Canes Connection private Zoom call". The term "allude" describes mentioning something indirectly or to hint at.

Here's my question: In the private zoom calls, why would you "allude" to something when the private zoom calls are being advertised as something "direct" with "inside information"?

Again, I'm not trying to be a jerk. I hope no one on this board, especially the owner of the site thinks that. If so, I will be glad to delete the post and the question. Thank you.

Still don't understand why Zion is still on the roster. Guy is literally trying to pull a Milton from Office Space.
Likely letting him finish his degree this spring. He tried to play.

It's already been alluded to he could be some sort of Medical scholly.

Advertisement
This move is something I alluded to on yesterday's Canes Connection private Zoom.

The evaluation wasn't the problem as much as the previous bad DT recruiting. Everybody knew Gore was short and limited. He played, which speaks to the need at DT last year.

As we improve the talent at the position, it is easier for someone like Gore to move on to a more suitable program for his physical talents.
Idkkkk man I think that may be a little revisionist history. I recall some posts saying how much the staff LOVED Gore and that he would contribute.

If only playing vs FAMU and when the rest of the dline is decimated is considered contributing, then I stand corrected. To me it's not, but that term is subjective.

Advertisement
People constantly underestimate the impact Justin Scott will have. You’ll see him on the field game 1 against Florida, regardless of how many dts we bring bring in through the portal. He’ll have a Mauigoa/Bain type impact. I don’t care that he’s a freshman, he’s just that good. I see him locking down that starting DT spot by late October/November

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back