Thomas Gore portal

Advertisement
It starts with the guy getting paid 8 mil AT THE TOP.. The way people try to absolve him at every turn is comical. Mind you he is doing some things really well but you would think the way people deflect shortcomings this guy was jesus or something..
How Dare You Greta GIF

In the win big, win now mode that we are in, the question becomes can we allow Stafford to step up? Is that a risk worth taking?
Well we only have so many spots, so I'd say we'll have to. We're talking about our 4th CB. How many programs have a proven experienced 4-deep at CB? Probably can count on one hand. We have Stafford, Richard, and others. We've recruited talent; need them to play. I'd say a DT is way more important than CB at this point if we're limited on spots.

Advertisement
This move is something I alluded to on yesterday's Canes Connection private Zoom.

The evaluation wasn't the problem as much as the previous bad DT recruiting. Everybody knew Gore was short and limited. He played, which speaks to the need at DT last year.

As we improve the talent at the position, it is easier for someone like Gore to move on to a more suitable program for his physical talents.

If he was short and limited, why bring him in the first place?

Serious question, no troll.

its interesting that the strategy norvell used is the same strategy were using now. we are better at HS recruiting by a lot, but it really doesnt matter anymore if you are pushing out young kids for more day 1 ready transfers now. it is what it is.
I don't even know that it was Norvell's "strategy". They lost so many guys and he had to add guys to plug the roster in the first couple classes when he came in. They had to take what they could get and focused on guys with multiple years left so they could supplement their misses in recruiting.

Got a ton of guys that weren't high profile in the portal that had 2-3 years left to play - Jones, Lovett, Benson, Bethune, Wilson, etc. then last year realized they had something special and then got the 1 year rentals like Fiske, Coleman, Bell, Roddick, etc.

It still has to be built on multi year contributors - whether that is HS recruiting or taking young guys from the portal. Norvell basically restarted where they were in 2020-2021 this off-season by adding guys like Brown, Little, Jones, Murphy, etc. Once they're all 3rd and 4th year guys they will start looking for more 1 year pieces to plug with them.

Advertisement
Well we only have so many spots, so I'd say we'll have to. We're talking about our 4th CB. How many programs have a proven experienced 4-deep at CB? Probably can count on one hand. We have Stafford, Richard, and others. We've recruited talent; need them to play. I'd say a DT is way more important than CB at this point if we're limited on spots.
I don't disagree with what you are saying. DT and CB is where we have struggled most with in terms of recruiting. Stinks that we may be in a place to choose one or the other for our last spots.

Need 3 more portal outs,

Gaby says the needs are DT, DT, S, DE, IOL

I think that's a little off. JMO

And they are going to be disappointed trying to find multiple DT with what's available in the portal. There's nothing there lol.

DT
S
DE
——
CB, need but not as big as safety at current moment imo

-------

Then if you have room or wanna home run swing

DT 2
OL

Advertisement
@DMoney Maybe an interview with the two FR DT's still not on campus is due? To catch up on their weight/workouts and mindset coming into summer camp with playing time available??

Advertisement
There’s nothing passive aggressive about that.

Both guys suck.

Neither guys belongs here.

One guy is a 2011 Infiniti G37; Second guy is the 2012 Infiniti G37.

ZERO DIFFERENCE.
Gore was obvious. You are literally the only person trying to lump the two together, especially when Cook is two inches taller and many who actually follow the team for a living think he'll contribute next year

Even if 3 more or however many we need don't portal out - the roster just has to be trimmed by fall camp to 85. There's probably 3-4 guys that just "retire" and go to school or stay and finish 1 semester of school. Redding, Nelson, and Balom come to mind.

That is what Chris Washington did. He didn't portal until he graduated but wasn't on the roster last fall.

Advertisement
Back