The Work: Jeudy, Donaldson, and much more

View as article
Advertisement
Staff has made a lot of important strides in his recruitment. Getting the financial papers signed would be great.

Last edited:
Kaaya is a 3rd/4th rd pick all day long..he wants to go, then go. Has not won one meaningful game his three years here so what gives people confidence that changes year four. Move on and start Allison with Perry getting some reps.

As for Jeudy, there's no moral, consolation victories in recruiting. You either get difference makers or you don't.

Advertisement
I'm nowhere near a pro scout but I would love to know who is advising him in going pro? What pro teams actually think he is worth a pick in the first 3 rounds?

He'll go late first easy...maybe even top 10 depending on pro day and combine there's no solidified No.1 QB prospect so it's going to be extremely fluid and hear say until someone picks the first QB

LOL

Lmao. Zbroad must be one of Kaaya's "advisers"
LOL

Name three better NFL prospects then...
Deshaun Watson
Trubisky

Kaaya's only NFL attribute is making those 15 yard out throws to the sidelines. Everything else he does is either average or below. Why in the **** is he rushing to become a 3rd string QB in the league?

Thought he was smarter than this...

TOO ALL THE HARD CORE CANES WHO WOULD GO TO A HURRICANE GAME BEFORE A FAMILY MEMBERS FUNERAL LIKE MYSELF. WE'VE ALREADY WON ON THE JEUDY RECRUITMENT THING REGARDLESS OF WHAT HAPPENS. SIMPLY BECAUSE THEY KNOW NOW THEY'LL HAVE TO COMPETE WITH US FOR THE TOP RECRUITS IN THIS AREA AND THAT OUR HEAD COACH HAS ENOUGH CLOUT TO STAND TOE TO TOE WITH SABAN.

THIS ISN'T A MORAL VICTORY WE JUST STOOD UP AND SPIT IN ALABAMA'S PHUCKING FACE. PERIOD THEY'RE NOT GONNA WIN THE MAJORITY OF BATTLES RECRUITING MOVING FORWARD THIS ISN'T GOLDEN OUR COACH IS A BATTLED HARDEN VETERAN.

EVICTION NOTICE IS ON THE DOOR.

WE FUUUKKKIN!!!!! BRUH THIS OUR HOUSE.

TO BADLY QUOTE A LINE FROM IRON MAN

IF YOU CAN MAKE GOD BLEED THEN HE'S NOT GOD ANYMORE.
WIN THE BATTLE OR IT DOESNT MATTER. NO CONSOLATION PRIZES IN RECRUITING. WE WON'T GET TO USE HIM A FEW GAMES PER SEASON BECAUSE WE FINISHED SECOND.

The war is bigger than the battle. Obviously we want to win every battle, I get your point, but that doesn't mean it doesn't matter at all if Jeudy doesn't end up here. It definitely sends a message to Saban. It's also a good indication that we have a better chance with these type of kids in the future starting early in their recruiting cycle with a competent staff. Saban's, and any other HCs, job is about to get a lot harder recruiting these kids in our back yard, just as it should be.

If Kaaya leaves now he never plays another meaningful down of football again. Dude is nowhere ready for the NFL and is gonna get stuck holding a clipboard for at least a couple of years. It's not like he is gonna get the the NFL and all the sudden become someone he isn't. He will get destroyed by the league.

Advertisement
I think Kayaa would be making a mistake going pro. He has some bad tape from this season and needs to clean things up. I would think a second year under his belt in Richt's offense would help show improvement next season. He may be thinking that losing Coley and Njoku would make things risky to stay, but the Oline could be better, Richard's will be in year 2 after a stellar freshman campaign. Plus, the other young kids will have a year under their belt.

Kaaya's only NFL attribute is making those 15 yard out throws to the sidelines. Everything else he does is either average or below. Why in the **** is he rushing to become a 3rd string QB in the league?

Thought he was smarter than this...

Hahaha. Those opposite field sideline throws always trigger a Pavlovian Response in the broadcast teams to start gushing over Kaaya as a NFL QB. Congemi alone gets moist at the mere mention of them. While I don't necessarily agree with your average or below assessment of everything else, I too expected him (and his circle) to be smarter and more patient.

I actually feel like Kaaya leaving is a blessing in disguise. As I understand it, all 5 guys who would be in the competition (Rosier, Allison, Shireffs, Weldon, and Perry) will be on campus for spring practice and through the summer. Realistically, 2018 is our year. I'm certainly not giving up on next season but having a QB with a full season of experience under his belt will be even better for the run in 2018.

It would be bad to have a first year starter behind poor offensive line. Now if the o-line is decisively better next year then there is a chance for them to succeed still.

If Brad doesn't return I think we could kiss Jeudy goodbye

Makes sense. Kaaya, at best, has one year left. I don't see ANY recruit basing their decision on what Kaaya decides, unless it's a 5th year transfer WR which Jeudy is not. An incoming WR will be looking at who they will be catching balls from the next 3-4 years, not who is the QB for one season. Unless they have no brain.

Advertisement
Kaaya is a cane and I hope he does well in the league if that's what he decides. At the end of the day you have to decide what's best for you. During our 4 game losing streak kaaya played average to below average but much of that was due to the horrible play calling where richt did bad at knowing his personell and calling things not suited for them and how bad the line was blocking. Kaaya was holding the ball too long too and pocket presence was bad. People seem to forget but kaaya had DEFINTIELY had a knee issue after trying to tackle app state linebacker when he threw that pic and the shoulder issue as well. With that being said with better blocking and play calling he without a doubt finished up strong with 11 total tds 1int 1275 yards in the last 4 games. If he has a monster bowl game then he should go pro

Kaaya would be dumb to leave. He is selling himself for pennies on the dollar. And in terms of his college level, he has no major team success to his name.

Advertisement
Projected Round (2017): 3-4.
12/7/16: One general manager of a playoff team that is very skilled at quarterback evaluation said they had Kaaya as fifth-round pick. They feel he has no mobility, can't throw well while under pressure, and while his arm is decent, he doesn't blow them away. Two other teams said they graded Kaaya as a late third-, early fourth-rounder. Multiple teams also expressed that they have concerns about Kaaya lacking leadership.

Ridley is smart in letting JJ know Miami is a beneficial place for him. Unless Stewart leaves for the NFL. JJ would see limited time behind Stewart and Ridley.

The guy would step in here as an EE and imo would cement himself opposite of Richards which would be the best due we would have seen here since Wayne and Moss.

We need this young talented WR something fierce.

Projected Round (2017): 3-4.
12/7/16: One general manager of a playoff team that is very skilled at quarterback evaluation said they had Kaaya as fifth-round pick. They feel he has no mobility, can't throw well while under pressure, and while his arm is decent, he doesn't blow them away. Two other teams said they graded Kaaya as a late third-, early fourth-rounder. Multiple teams also expressed that they have concerns about Kaaya lacking leadership.

Someone likes reading Walter football

CBS sports has him as a 2nd round pick...that's why they're analysts and not actual NFL scouts...people must've forgot the bears were looking into him a month ago

Kaaya would be dumb to leave. He is selling himself for pennies on the dollar. And in terms of his college level, he has no major team success to his name.

Amen. Don't get it. Sucks for the team and for his pockets.

Advertisement
Back