The Work: Jeudy, Donaldson, and much more

View as article
Rosier will start next season if Kaaya bolts unless something crazy happens. He's capable to lead this team to a coastal championship.

Advertisement
And with that being said this is a weak qb class and multiple teams need qbs so you have to take that into consideration when discussing why would he choose to leave early

It is, but so is next year unless someone jumps to the forefront or Sam Darnold leaves really early (i'm not talking Rosen until he shows something more than hype).

A big part of this year's class depends on who all from Watson, Trubisky, Kizer, and Mahomes declares.

And with that being said this is a weak qb class and multiple teams need qbs so you have to take that into consideration when discussing why would he choose to leave early

Brad Kaaya is one of the weaker qbs in this draft class. Hope he goes but he's still a second day draft pick at best

Losing Kaaya kills. Can't win big with the freshman qbs we have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Perry and Weldon are redshirting next year whether Kaaya stays or not. Perry especially needs to redshirt, since he is not an EE and he needs to bulk up, badly.

Advertisement
Kaaya would be dumb to leave. He is selling himself for pennies on the dollar. And in terms of his college level, he has no major team success to his name.

Funny you mocked me for having a similar sentiment prior to the season.
I think D has come around on some of Kaaya's limitations, but let's be real: Kaaya had a poor showing this year, so the data is different. The tape of this year's games against anything comparable to NFL talent is sub-standard.

Kaaya would be dumb to leave. He is selling himself for pennies on the dollar. And in terms of his college level, he has no major team success to his name.

I think D has come around on some of Kaaya's limitations, but let's be real: Kaaya had a poor showing this year, so the data is different. The tape of this year's games against anything comparable to NFL talent is sub-standard.
Agreed though his arm strength seems to have improved quite a bit

It is, but so is next year unless someone jumps to the forefront or Sam Darnold leaves really early (i'm not talking Rosen until he shows something more than hype).

A big part of this year's class depends on who all from Watson, Trubisky, Kizer, and Mahomes declares.
I think at least 3 out of 4 declare. Making a longer post about this, but I don't get the calculation being made by Kaaya.

Advertisement
I actually feel like Kaaya leaving is a blessing in disguise. As I understand it, all 5 guys who would be in the competition (Rosier, Allison, Shireffs, Weldon, and Perry) will be on campus for spring practice and through the summer. Realistically, 2018 is our year. I'm certainly not giving up on next season but having a QB with a full season of experience under his belt will be even better for the run in 2018.

It would be bad to have a first year starter behind poor offensive line. Now if the o

Don't disagree with any of your thoughts about the offensive line. I've been cautiously optimistic about the OL play over the last 4 weeks of the season. Hopefully that continues into spring, summer, and next fall.

Advertisement

When in Brad Kaays career has his play, against anything comparable to NFL talent, been better than sub standard?

Rosier will start next season if Kaaya bolts unless something crazy happens. He's capable to lead this team to a coastal championship.

Do you people really believe this nonsense?

I wouldn't say that it's completely out of the question. He played reasonably well in his start(s) in the 2015 season and what he did in the few plays during the Duke game were at least compelling if nothing else. If he goes in and wins the job, I for one wouldn't be all that disappointed.

Many here seem to be oblivious of a very ruthless tactic used by GM's and NFL scouts: You try to devalue a prospect whom you want.. in the hope that he falls to your slot if you are picking late or if you have few draft choices. Other times an agent will peddle rumors about another agent's clients so that their client moves up the Draft-Board.

Point is....take every thing coming out of a GM's mouth with a grain of salt. A great deal of " One GM who chose to speak anonymously ....said that ..xxxxx does not have the skill-set necessary to merit a first round pick" is a lot of calculated B.S.

Case in point, prior to the Draft the GM of the Tenn. Titans said that Antrelle Rolle had character issues ..which is why he chose to draft PAC-MAN JONES" .

Think about that for a while ! Pacman-fuggin-Jones ...who got into numerous fights in Morgantown. Broke a pool-cue over a guy's head ...etc etc ..etc.. Antrelle Rolle whose parent was/in law enforcement (Homestead Police Force), who had no academic issues, kept his nose clean and whose only run-in with authority was one night in the Grove when some guy tried to purposely damage his car and he wouldn't allow it . Nothing came of it ...but that was a GM clutching at straws..

Last edited:
Advertisement

The data isn't different, the data just hasn't moved. I'm still hopeful for Kaaya, that his limitations are coachable. He has pinpoint accuracy at times, I think his arm strength is just fine, but he lacks the intangibles that others have already discussed. Those intangibles keep him from being an NFL prospect to an NFL player, or the difference in being 8-4 and 11-1. As Kaaya/Richt said, more games are lost than won at the QB position.

When in Brad Kaays career has his play, against anything comparable to NFL talent, been better than sub standard?

when has his play in tought situations been anything above standards?

some people can't handle crunch time and people just don't want to believe their eyes with kayaa

Do you people really believe this nonsense?

I wouldn't say that it's completely out of the question. He played reasonably well in his start(s) in the 2015 season and what he did in the few plays during the Duke game were at least compelling if nothing else. If he goes in and wins the job, I for one wouldn't be all that disappointed.

First of all, he played average vs. Duke who had a bad Defense. Second of all, to come up with the theory that can win the coastal based on that sample size is absurd. There is a reason why Miami was the only big name school to offer him and that reason is because of Coley/Golden.

Advertisement
Back