The Work: Jeudy, Donaldson, and much more

View as article
Advertisement
The Kaaya news is a positive to me. The killer instinct he lacks can't be gained with another year of college.

Kaaya would be dumb to leave. He is selling himself for pennies on the dollar. And in terms of his college level, he has no major team success to his name.

Funny you mocked me for having a similar sentiment prior to the season.

Projected Round (2017): 3-4.
12/7/16: One general manager of a playoff team that is very skilled at quarterback evaluation said they had Kaaya as fifth-round pick. They feel he has no mobility, can't throw well while under pressure, and while his arm is decent, he doesn't blow them away. Two other teams said they graded Kaaya as a late third-, early fourth-rounder. Multiple teams also expressed that they have concerns about Kaaya lacking leadership.

Someone likes reading Walter football

CBS sports has him as a 2nd round pick...that's why they're analysts and not actual NFL scouts...people must've forgot the bears were looking into him a month ago

Ok? NFL teams scout everyone at the major schools. That doesn't mean he's a first round pick like you claim.

Advertisement
Kaaya has to learn how to be a better QB if he wants to have NFL success. Has Blaine Gabbert written all over him if he leaves now.

He wishes he was the athlete Blaine Gabbert is.

Agreed, was mostly referring to the deer in headlights/take the sack type mentality he'd likely have at the next level based off what we saw from him this season.

The news of Brad Kaaya leaving is music to my ears this team needs a new presence at qb asap

The Kaaya news is a positive to me. The killer instinct he lacks can't be gained with another year of college.

Success breeds confidence. He hasn't had either since he's been here. Hopefully with another year of Richt's coaching he can take the next step. We've endured 3 seasons so far.

Can we finally step out of the post-Golden PTSD mindset? Even if we don't close with an A+ class, it won't be for a lack of trying. We are a legit 11 win team with a B+ class THIS year. Holding our current commits and flipping Harley, Collier, and Slaton would solidify that B+. Any combination of that plus Dean, a Kool special, and a Duggan's special, and we're in A- / A territory.

It's okay.. BE OPTIMISTIC

Advertisement
12/7/16: One general manager of a playoff team that is very skilled at quarterback evaluation said they had Kaaya as fifth-round pick. They feel he has no mobility, can't throw well while under pressure, and while his arm is decent, he doesn't blow them away. Two other teams said they graded Kaaya as a late third-, early fourth-rounder. Multiple teams also expressed that they have concerns about Kaaya lacking leadership.

Spot on assessment.

Kaaya must be living in a safe space for the ages if that isn't the overwhelming feedback he's receiving. Also, his biggest weaknesses are absolute essentials in the league (e.g. Shuffling feet to buy time, pocket awareness, ability to scan all your reads, standing tall and able to take a hit, etc...).

His NFL career will in no way be successful unless he improves and to declare early would be one of the worst early declarations I've ever seen.

And with that being said this is a weak qb class and multiple teams need qbs so you have to take that into consideration when discussing why would he choose to leave early

I tend to agree. He has talent, but what is another year realistically going to do for him? Is his footwork and leadership going to improve? I just don't see it. I'll take my lumps with the next guy for a year, because Brad Kaaya is not the savior of UM football. Bring on the future. I look forward to the competition at QB.

I like Kaaya, I really do, but if he stays I hope and pray he finds a killer instinct.

Advertisement
I actually feel like Kaaya leaving is a blessing in disguise. As I understand it, all 5 guys who would be in the competition (Rosier, Allison, Shireffs, Weldon, and Perry) will be on campus for spring practice and through the summer. Realistically, 2018 is our year. I'm certainly not giving up on next season but having a QB with a full season of experience under his belt will be even better for the run in 2018.

Perry is not EE.

Losing Kaaya kills. Can't win big with the freshman qbs we have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Someone likes reading Walter football

CBS sports has him as a 2nd round pick...that's why they're analysts and not actual NFL scouts...people must've forgot the bears were looking into him a month ago

Ok? NFL teams scout everyone at the major schools. That doesn't mean he's a first round pick like you claim.

You forgot the part when I said if he has a good pro day and combine but it's okay Tony cucks I know you have a problem with comprehension

Advertisement

I tend to agree. He has talent, but what is another year realistically going to do for him? Is his footwork and leadership going to improve? I just don't see it. I'll take my lumps with the next guy for a year, because Brad Kaaya is not the savior of UM football. Bring on the future. I look forward to the competition at QB.

I like Kaaya, I really do, but if he stays I hope and pray he finds a killer instinct.

Best case scenario is Kaaya stays but Richt opens up the QB competition in spring and summer and lets that decide who starts next year.

Kaaya thinking about the league when he has to rely on the defense to put away UVA or NCST is the funniest thing I've read all year.

DMoney I could not agree more. I posted previously, if a NFL scout asked him to name his signature victory he'd be stomped. Maybe they would accept the Pittsburgh win this season. At this point, I'm not even going to sweat his decision. I wish Brad the best. Genuinely I do. Huge fan of his as you may recall out of high school, but he is far from an NFL caliber QB at this point. And to my untrained eyes, it's more than just his inability to anticipate and move in the pocket.

This season Brad frequently panicked in the pocket when in fact the pocket was intact; he routinely went with a pre-snap read that led him to throw into double coverage, and (and this is maddening) in games that mattered at points in those games that mattered rather than take the check down to pick up the three yards we needed on third down he would throw the ball 30 yards down field into two deep coverage.

I just checked the stats. He's approximately 5th or 6th in the ACC in every meaningful category. (cfbstats.com - 2016 Atlantic Coast Conference Player Leaders)

Again, good luck to him.

Kaaya would be dumb to leave. He is selling himself for pennies on the dollar. And in terms of his college level, he has no major team success to his name.

Advertisement
Back