The Work: Jeudy, Donaldson, and much more

View as article
Advertisement
Yikes on Kaaya.

I'm nowhere near a pro scout but I would love to know who is advising him in going pro? What pro teams actually think he is worth a pick in the first 3 rounds?

He'll go late first easy...maybe even top 10 depending on pro day and combine there's no solidified No.1 QB prospect so it's going to be extremely fluid and hear say until someone picks the first QB

LOL

Lmao. Zbroad must be one of Kaaya's "advisers"
LOL

Name three better NFL prospects then...

Yikes on Kaaya.

I'm nowhere near a pro scout but I would love to know who is advising him in going pro? What pro teams actually think he is worth a pick in the first 3 rounds?

He'll go late first easy...maybe even top 10 depending on pro day and combine there's no solidified No.1 QB prospect so it's going to be extremely fluid and hear say until someone picks the first QB

LOL

I hope not because Kaaya leaving early is beyond idiotic unless he's a lazy dude who has no interest in working on all the things he needs to work on here.

Losing both Kaaya and Njoku is brutal. Lots of question marks for our Offense next season.

We'll be fine with or without Kaaya. Getting Jeudy would be a bigger gain than the loss of Kaaya would be.

Keep believing that.... You all will see once you see the QBs next year without Kaaya. You're in for a rude awakening.

Kaaya was the 6th best quarterback in the ACC this year, and that was with NFL talent to throw to in Richards, Coley and Njoku. Whoever replaces him I am confident will match or even exceed that production. And we **** sure will be better at converting third downs with him gone.

Supposedly a 4 star WR Henry Ruggs is committing to Bama today. Could this be becasue they have an opening?

Advertisement
Has Rudy Carpenter weighed in on Kaaya's draft stock or an opinion of what he should do? Isn't that guy still one of his mentors?

Leaving now seems like such a bad move. I really don't see him going before the third round and if he does it's potentially even worse. If a team uses a 1st or 2nd round pick on you in today's NFL then fanbases have immediate expectations......expectations I have zero faith he'd be ready (now) to remotely live up to.

As for his involvement in recruiting, any chance that's Pastor Rick not wanting to put a kid undecided about if he's going to be here next year in a position where he'd be lying to kids? (That's the best spin I can put on it)

Supposedly a 4 star WR Henry Ruggs is committing to Bama today. Could this be becasue they have an opening?

No this was their last spot it was going to be either Ruggs or Smith taking that spot. Which means Smith to us or LSU which I think LSU. We are about to be left empty handed

I actually feel like Kaaya leaving is a blessing in disguise. As I understand it, all 5 guys who would be in the competition (Rosier, Allison, Shireffs, Weldon, and Perry) will be on campus for spring practice and through the summer. Realistically, 2018 is our year. I'm certainly not giving up on next season but having a QB with a full season of experience under his belt will be even better for the run in 2018.

Advertisement
Zbrod, I respect your optimism about Kaaya. But I would be shocked if he goes in first 2 rounds, and really dont' think he goes higher than 4. He has yet to show he can put the team on his shoulders to win important games. He has zero mobility. He has poor footwork. His pocket awareness improved this year but is far from adequate for the NFL. He has NFL accuracy on one throw, then misses his receiver by three steps on another (at least he puts it where it rarely gets intercepted ... except in the big game this year). Finally, he doesn't have a settled mind. You can see he got spooked all October after those 2 massive hits (shoulder and tooth) by FSU.

All the above can be improved upon if Kaaya stays another year, even his mobility. He has the raw tools to be an NFL QB, but hasn't put it all together. NFL teams that take a QB in first 2 rounds need him to be ready in year one. Kaaya just isn't yet.

Losing both Kaaya and Njoku is brutal. Lots of question marks for our Offense next season.

We'll be fine with or without Kaaya. Getting Jeudy would be a bigger gain than the loss of Kaaya would be.

Keep believing that.... You all will see once you see the QBs next year without Kaaya. You're in for a rude awakening.

Kaaya was the 6th best quarterback in the ACC this year, and that was with NFL talent to throw to in Richards, Coley and Njoku. Whoever replaces him I am confident will match or even exceed that production. And we **** sure will be better at converting third downs with him gone.

Kaaya also had the worst OL in the ACC. I'm not saying Kaaya isn't replaceable (he's not ready for the NFL) but we don't have anyone better than Kaaya waiting in the horizon for next season. Losing Kaaya, Nojoku and Coley is brutal. But carry on with your mindless Kaaya hatred.

LOL

LOL

Name three better NFL prospects then...

Watson
Kizer
Tribusky

Advertisement

No this was their last spot it was going to be either Ruggs or Smith taking that spot. Which means Smith to us or LSU which I think LSU. We are about to be left empty handed

ThinkBamawill also take Nico Collins, which may hinge on what JJ does.

I agree that Kaaya would benefit from another year in college. That said, it is a very light year for QB's coming out of college. What's more, the League is starved for QB prospects. Just think, Brock Osweiler signed a $72 million contract this past March. Brock Osweiler. $72 million.

Has Rudy Carpenter weighed in on Kaaya's draft stock or an opinion of what he should do? Isn't that guy still one of his mentors?

Leaving now seems like such a bad move. I really don't see him going before the third round and if he does it's potentially even worse. If a team uses a 1st or 2nd round pick on you in today's NFL then fanbases have immediate expectations......expectations I have zero faith he'd be ready (now) to remotely live up to.

As for his involvement in recruiting, any chance that's Pastor Rick not wanting to put a kid undecided about if he's going to be here next year in a position where he'd be lying to kids? (That's the best spin I can put on it)

Absolutely correct. Kaaya isn't a first round QB, he's really around mid-3rd.

People are so close minded that they don't think about the inflation that comes with drafting a QB in the NFL. Very few "first round QB's" were actually worthy of being first round QB's...especially in bad QB classes like this one.

Think of it this way. If a QB is given a third round grade, the premium is so big on QB's; it inflates by 2 rounds.

Advertisement

Absolutely correct. Kaaya isn't a first round QB, he's really around mid-3rd.

People are so close minded that they don't think about the inflation that comes with drafting a QB in the NFL. Very few "first round QB's" were actually worthy of being first round QB's...especially in bad QB classes like this one.

Think of it this way. If a QB is given a third round grade, the premium is so big on QB's; it inflates by 2 rounds.

Lol.

Kaaya has to learn how to be a better QB if he wants to have NFL success. Has Blaine Gabbert written all over him if he leaves now.

There will also be a QB or two who comes out of the woodwork late like Wentz did last year. We might only be thinking of a few QBs currently ahead of Kaaya but there will be more by the time the combine ends.

Advertisement
Back