The Work: Jeudy, Donaldson, and much more

View as article
Advertisement
Losing both Kaaya and Njoku is brutal. Lots of question marks for our Offense next season.
And Coley.

Obviously Richards is a baller but suddenly being #1 is a tough task especially with a new QB.

good stuff on the recruiting front though. Keeping Donaldson is probably the biggest priority.

Yikes on Kaaya.

I'm nowhere near a pro scout but I would love to know who is advising him in going pro? What pro teams actually think he is worth a pick in the first 3 rounds?

He'll go late first easy...maybe even top 10 depending on pro day and combine there's no solidified No.1 QB prospect so it's going to be extremely fluid and hear say until someone picks the first QB

Whatever team takes him in the top 10 with what he's shown so far is taking an absolutely unnecessary risk. You cannot play in the NFL without effective movement in and around the pocket. He may grow to that place after taking an NFL redshirt season or the like, but it's a total guess right now.

Advertisement
Bama absolutely locked down Ridleys recruitment with Golden and staff. What has transpired this weekend with Jeudy gives me hope for the future. Staff knows the game and is calculated with their moves.

Not getting my hopes up with Jeudy flipping as I think it is still a far stretch, but kudos to this staff for putting in the work with this kid!

Not into morale victory, but the pure fact our staff has Bama working for a commit they thought they had in the bag says a lot.

Whats disappointing is that Kaaya has said he's a four year guy for years... until the draftniks called him a top 10 pick before this season. He hasnt said anything about the draft since. His tweet to the USC DB has me thinking he's gone. Shame, as he hasnt beaten a good team since he's been here and no 4th quarter comeback ever. Wish he would stay as he's got plenty of unfinished business (including beating FSU).

Advertisement
For me its not so much where Kaaya gets selected in the NFL draft this year as opposed to next, its that if he plays another college season, he will be far more likely to make a roster, remain in the NFL, and compete for playing time. I think there is a lot he needs to work on. If he goes to the NFL unprepared, his stay there could be very short.

Kaaya would be making a disastrously bad decision to leave. He's got so much he can work on to improve his stock.

He should listen to disinterested people before making the move. They would tell him he's got a ton he can do to improve his stock. Sometimes, people can get in an insulated little bubble and not get exposed to the truth.

Yikes on Kaaya.

I'm nowhere near a pro scout but I would love to know who is advising him in going pro? What pro teams actually think he is worth a pick in the first 3 rounds?

He'll go late first easy...maybe even top 10 depending on pro day and combine there's no solidified No.1 QB prospect so it's going to be extremely fluid and hear say until someone picks the first QB

Whatever team takes him in the top 10 with what he's shown so far is taking an absolutely unnecessary risk. You cannot play in the NFL without effective movement in and around the pocket. He may grow to that place after taking an NFL redshirt season or the like, but it's a total guess right now.

You're right, it's absolutely unnecessary...but in the NFL, a true late 2nd round QB = top 10 QB in a bad draft class for QB's

There's evidence of that all over NFL rosters

Advertisement
Yikes on Kaaya.

LOL

Kaaya is who he is. Hasn't shown anything spectacular and will frustrate us fans the same next year as he did this year. Best of luck in the league

Advertisement
Yikes on Kaaya.

LOL

There is zero chance he goes top 10 , and not much better odds he goes in the first round. Second round is a possibility , since some desperate team will reach.

Yikes on Kaaya.

LOL

Lmao. Zbroad must be one of Kaaya's "advisers"

TOO ALL THE HARD CORE CANES WHO WOULD GO TO A HURRICANE GAME BEFORE A FAMILY MEMBERS FUNERAL LIKE MYSELF. WE'VE ALREADY WON ON THE JEUDY RECRUITMENT THING REGARDLESS OF WHAT HAPPENS. SIMPLY BECAUSE THEY KNOW NOW THEY'LL HAVE TO COMPETE WITH US FOR THE TOP RECRUITS IN THIS AREA AND THAT OUR HEAD COACH HAS ENOUGH CLOUT TO STAND TOE TO TOE WITH SABAN.

THIS ISN'T A MORAL VICTORY WE JUST STOOD UP AND SPIT IN ALABAMA'S PHUCKING FACE. PERIOD THEY'RE NOT GONNA WIN THE MAJORITY OF BATTLES RECRUITING MOVING FORWARD THIS ISN'T GOLDEN OUR COACH IS A BATTLED HARDEN VETERAN.

EVICTION NOTICE IS ON THE DOOR.

WE FUUUKKKIN!!!!! BRUH THIS OUR HOUSE.

TO BADLY QUOTE A LINE FROM IRON MAN

IF YOU CAN MAKE GOD BLEED THEN HE'S NOT GOD ANYMORE.
WIN THE BATTLE OR IT DOESNT MATTER. NO CONSOLATION PRIZES IN RECRUITING. WE WON'T GET TO USE HIM A FEW GAMES PER SEASON BECAUSE WE FINISHED SECOND.

Kaaya is not going in the round. He has terrible footwork, will not test well, does not have an overly strong arm, and has some terrible tape from the middle of the year.

He is also very important to our success next year so i hope he comes back. I am sick of UM kids leaving to be third round picks.

Advertisement
Back