The Work: Jeudy, Donaldson, and much more

View as article
Kaaya would be dumb to leave. He is selling himself for pennies on the dollar. And in terms of his college level, he has no major team success to his name.

Funny you mocked me for having a similar sentiment prior to the season.
I think D has come around on some of Kaaya's limitations, but let's be real: Kaaya had a poor showing this year, so the data is different. The tape of this year's games against anything comparable to NFL talent is sub-standard.

When in Brad Kaays career has his play, against anything comparable to NFL talent, been better than sub standard?

Against FSU Brad Kaaya showed up every game. He just didn't finish.

Advertisement
I think one people are overlooking is that Kaaya might want to leave because of the way the fans treated him this season. He was attacked heavily for his play (rightfully so), but we know Kaaya is a soft-shouldered dude, I'm sure seeing all that criticism affected him.

It would tie in to Pete's point of him not really being involved in recruiting the next class as well

I'm a Kaaya fan but this would be ridiculous if true....and I doubt it is. The kid has been on a 3 year honeymoon with the fanbase by and large. The critiques and assessments you see here are not what he'd be hearing in his day to day life. The local media alone still loves the kid. Until that flips then you're really not getting any real blowback unless you actively seek it out.

He definitely hears it. Yesterday he retweeted a tweet from October from a fan saying he needs to go. Then retweeted a tweet from that same fan a couple days ago saying he needs to stay. He definitely scouts Twitter for the negativity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Disagree with Pete on Kaaya. I think the opportunity to come back, work on some of his weaknesses and become a top 10 pick is worth him coming back.

Now with that said, if he goes I ain't crying

I will. That takes us from a contention year to a rebuilding year.

Not at all. Numerous teams have won with a redshirt freshman QB. It may not be a natty like Jameis, but the coastal for sure and maybe even the ACC.

I think one people are overlooking is that Kaaya might want to leave because of the way the fans treated him this season. He was attacked heavily for his play (rightfully so), but we know Kaaya is a soft-shouldered dude, I'm sure seeing all that criticism affected him.

It would tie in to Pete's point of him not really being involved in recruiting the next class as well

I'm a Kaaya fan but this would be ridiculous if true....and I doubt it is. The kid has been on a 3 year honeymoon with the fanbase by and large. The critiques and assessments you see here are not what he'd be hearing in his day to day life. The local media alone still loves the kid. Until that flips then you're really not getting any real blowback unless you actively seek it out.

He definitely hears it. Yesterday he retweeted a tweet from October from a fan saying he needs to go. Then retweeted a tweet from that same fan a couple days ago saying he needs to stay. He definitely scouts Twitter for the negativity.

If he leaves over the fans then he'll never be successful...if he can't take college heat do you think he'll be able to take NFL heat

That's actually terrible to read.

Advertisement

29259392d86d7e7ac2ad1065a7f55524.png

Jeudy and family (at least his brother) did the James Bond down and low sneak for this weekend visit. For Jeudy to wait until the night before to inform Bama of his visit is telling - this took planning. And coordination with the UM staff, especially Richt. Quiet, in-home Monday, and official Friday and Saturday - but Bama wasn't informed until just hours before his visit. Boom!

No way to know if he comes to UM or stays with Bama, but the secrecy, planning, and coordination to pull this off indicates to me that Jeudy is seriously questioning his commitment to Alabama - no getting around it.

And we clearly see where his family is leaning. JJ is also a member of that family.

Soft move on Kaaya's part to go fishing like that on twitter...

Real key information to me--

"One more thing I will point out for those who missed it in the thread. Bama receiver Calvin Ridley and Jerry Jeudy's relationship is well-versed at this point. Jeudy looks at Ridley as a big brother and it was one of the big reasons why he chose the Crimson Tide in the first place. Sources tell CanesInSight that the two have discussed his decision, and that Ridley has not only given him his blessing to sign with the Canes, but is telling him that Miami is a very good situation for him, especially as his family endures a difficult situation"

Advertisement
It's pathetic really. Dude you're on your way to being an NFL QB but your fishing for tweets?

I think D has come around on some of Kaaya's limitations, but let's be real: Kaaya had a poor showing this year, so the data is different. The tape of this year's games against anything comparable to NFL talent is sub-standard.

When in Brad Kaays career has his play, against anything comparable to NFL talent, been better than sub standard?

The 2015 FSU game was a much better example for him.

That's one game where he was still inconsistent and couldn't close when it mattered. That game doesn't stand out as a special performance from him.
I've tried to be fair in assessing Brad his entire career. Checked some of the early runaway superstar assessments. In that FSU game, he was around 60% for 400+ yards and 3 TDs against a very talented defense. Your history on Kaaya indicates you may not be able to be objective on him, which is fine. No need to discuss further. We don't disagree on the overarching point that he's limited and has yet to show what everyone hoped he would.

Padding stats while killing drives and choking when it matters doesn't move me to bring up as something to praise Kaaya over.

Soft move on Kaaya's part to go fishing like that on twitter...

Softer move by the troll who has exposed. Good job brad.

Losing both Kaaya and Njoku is brutal. Lots of question marks for our Offense next season.

We'll be fine with or without Kaaya. Getting Jeudy would be a bigger gain than the loss of Kaaya would be.

Keep believing that.... You all will see once you see the QBs next year without Kaaya. You're in for a rude awakening.

Kaaya was the 6th best quarterback in the ACC this year, and that was with NFL talent to throw to in Richards, Coley and Njoku. Whoever replaces him I am confident will match or even exceed that production. And we **** sure will be better at converting third downs with him gone.

Kaaya also had the worst OL in the ACC. I'm not saying Kaaya isn't replaceable (he's not ready for the NFL) but we don't have anyone better than Kaaya waiting in the horizon for next season. Losing Kaaya, Nojoku and Coley is brutal. But carry on with your mindless Kaaya hatred.

And Malcom was our best returner because he was the starter at that position.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I would think Njoku getting one year to play with his brother would be enticing.. especially considering they'd be favorites to win the coastal.

I know I know . . .

If Kaaya goes, it seems likely that there will be a game or two that we lose that Kaaya would have managed WELLish. There are PROs and CONs to the decision for Kaaya and the team. Realistically how much better will the OL get? He has one WR right now. His best TE is leaving. How exactly is his production going to get better?

Now infuse the team with talent. Get that DEF bad to the bone with the front 7. Bring some kids in to compete in the defensive backfield. Get a JUCO corner, maybe a grad transfer! Play better on special teams. Watch the offense grow with a young guy.

Real key information to me--

"One more thing I will point out for those who missed it in the thread. Bama receiver Calvin Ridley and Jerry Jeudy's relationship is well-versed at this point. Jeudy looks at Ridley as a big brother and it was one of the big reasons why he chose the Crimson Tide in the first place. Sources tell CanesInSight that the two have discussed his decision, and that Ridley has not only given him his blessing to sign with the Canes, but is telling him that Miami is a very good situation for him, especially as his family endures a difficult situation"

The funny thing is, no one talks about how Calvin told his younger brother Riley (he use to go by Cavin Ridley) to go to Georgia. I'd forgotten about Riley until the other day when Pete mentioned Calvin advising Jerry about Miami. Turns out Riley is a freshman WR for Georgia. Definitely not far fetched to believe that Calvin would tell Jerry to think about staying home.

Advertisement
Back