The Work 10-11

View as article
just a hypothetical but if Jerry Jeudy changed his mind and wanted to come back after this season would we take him?

**** yes.. he actually almost flipped to us.. Grimes was disrespectful and showed no love even tho we major and right down the street

Advertisement
I understand the theory behind the tough guy approach with local recruits who spurn UM then want back in. I question the efficacy of it though, as no one outside of the diehards who read Pete's reports know that's what we're doing. The coaches can't speak publicly on recruits, and it's not Rick's style to talk about that sort of stuff anyway.

So, in reality, we have a policy that sounds good in theory but probably isn't all that meaningful in reality because no one knows about it.

I'm all for looking at this type of stuff on a case by case basis. If Grimes is good enough to help us win and wants to come here, then go get him.

That's the most logical response I've seen in this thread. Whether he can help us win games is what matters. The "you didn't pick us so we're going to send a message" thing is foolish. No future recruits are going to be aware of what happened.

I'm glad we didn't tell Greg Olsen to get lost when he wanted to transfer here from ND.

iron sharpens iron, bring grimes in period...

Well he is on scholarship at another university so it's not as easy as bringing him.
This is speculation to another level. Has this kid even made a call to UM asking to transfer here?
Lots of crap has to happen before it's even a question if we take him or not.
Iron sharpens iron.....

as if we arent about to bring in the best ******* WR class in the country

Advertisement
I have no clue ,nor does anyone else,know what has been told or promised to the other WR’s we have committed.Would anyone be willing to risk one of maybe two of Pope ,Wiggins,Hightower by taking this kid? A kid with a bum knee.

What if,which is probable,Campbell Is also committed.You want to risk losing him.

We all know that S. fla. kids are divas in large part and we don’t know what might **** them off.We don’t know what Richt has told or promised them and who knows if taking Grimes is breaking Richt word to them and they bolt.

I’m happy with the kids we have and have coming.Grimes had his shot and chose ***’s lies.Now he wants to come home...Butch says He had a spot.

What's with the love affair of Grimes on this board?

The kid's knee is ****ed up & we got 3 studs coming in for 2018.

We don't even use all our WR's right now, so you think we're just going take Grimes on a bum knee & he's going to start over everybody else?

View attachment 51738

15 people upvoted this and my guess is very few of them saw what this kid did on the field and at camps. It isn't about stars, this guy blasted anyone and everything that lined up against him. He didn't have to resort to AND1 Jeudy jukes. He would run precise routes, slam through jams at the line or shake the coverage off. When the ball was in the air and contested, it wasn't a contest, it was his ball.

Love the guys we've got, but a healthy Grimes is as good as any of them. People said he didn't look fast, yet he had no problem creating separation.

Health may be a key component here, but due to the personal attention Urban and staff have given him, health appears to be coming soon.

The only person that is even comparable to him at this point would be Hightower. He's at a powerhouse program we want to have access for years to come, so perhaps that's a factor.

Star Whores, please. Look at the film, it is out there.

I also don't believe the petulant child stuff Pete is trying to put on this staff. I believe he heard that, but last year the story wasn't that they weren't into him, it just wasn't being reciprocated. So in their case, why spend valuable time on a recruit, even as talented as him, who was all but at OSU already.

As for gray - his limited film from camp and games have been very nice, he'll two of the three carries against Toledo were for 10 plus yards. We hear so much about him fumbling but I've not seen it yet

I have no clue ,nor does anyone else,know what has been told or promised to the other WR’s we have committed.Would anyone be willing to risk one of maybe two of Pope ,Wiggins,Hightower by taking this kid? A kid with a bum knee.

What if,which is probable,Campbell Is also committed.You want to risk losing him.

We all know that S. fla. kids are divas in large part and we don’t know what might **** them off.We don’t know what Richt has told or promised them and who knows if taking Grimes is breaking Richt word to them and they bolt.

I’m happy with the kids we have and have coming.Grimes had his shot and chose ***’s lies.Now he wants to come home...Butch says He had a spot.

That part is irrelevant

Advertisement
The last piece regarding Grimes is mind numbingly dumb. Complete ineptitude on Richt's part if true.

You don't turn down elite talent at a skill position. Unbelievable.

Well as of now it’s more about them being comfortable with what they have at receiver and what they’re bringing in. But that last part is something that could play into the equation.

Understood but regardless of who we get Grimes is a physical speicman.

You simply don't turn down that type of talent.

Yeah I like the idea of sending that message…but it's hard to believe we're at that level already, I mean maybe it's different if we saw 3 or 4 receivers against FSU that were consistently open and burning their DB's for big plays, but for the most part, receptions were tough to come by and mainly all in tight windows. As for turning down Irvin, as much as I hate these South Florida traitors like Dalvin Cook he'd probably help with our safety depth right now, so maybe giving some of these guys a second chance wouldn't be too bad an idea.

EXACTLY...

Man yall need to stop acting like Grimes is Jerry Jeudy or something. **** Jeff Thomas was better than him coming out anyways. Plus dude has a ****ed up knee and still isn't healthy.

Rejecting someone solely because they didn't choose us initially and a yr later wants to transfer here is definitely not the best move, but I have no problem with that being a factor in the decision to take a transfer or not. In this situation the staff wasn't as high on Grimes as the 247 rankings were, and they clearly aren't too confident in him after his injury. I have no problem not taking Grimes given all the circumstances. Had this been Jeudy that was trying to transfer here though, I think this staff 100% would be all about doing what they could to get him. The fact is they just aren't on the Grimes bandwagon just because he was a "5* recruit"....because to them that is meaningless.

Advertisement
What's with the love affair of Grimes on this board?

The kid's knee is ****ed up & we got 3 studs coming in for 2018.

We don't even use all our WR's right now, so you think we're just going take Grimes on a bum knee & he's going to start over everybody else?

View attachment 51738

15 people upvoted this and my guess is very few of them saw what this kid did on the field and at camps. It isn't about stars, this guy blasted anyone and everything that lined up against him. He didn't have to resort to AND1 Jeudy jukes. He would run precise routes, slam through jams at the line or shake the coverage off. When the ball was in the air and contested, it wasn't a contest, it was his ball.

Love the guys we've got, but a healthy Grimes is as good as any of them. People said he didn't look fast, yet he had no problem creating separation.

Health may be a key component here, but due to the personal attention Urban and staff have given him, health appears to be coming soon.

The only person that is even comparable to him at this point would be Hightower. He's at a powerhouse program we want to have access for years to come, so perhaps that's a factor.

Star Whores, please. Look at the film, it is out there.

I also don't believe the petulant child stuff Pete is trying to put on this staff. I believe he heard that, but last year the story wasn't that they weren't into him, it just wasn't being reciprocated. So in their case, why spend valuable time on a recruit, even as talented as him, who was all but at OSU already.

Even if your analysis of his tape is spot on (and still applicable) that's not the reason the majority of people pining for his transfer are doing so. It's because they remember him listed as a 5 Star. Not because they ever broke down his tape or know anything about him as an actual college player.

Advertisement

That part is irrelevant

And why would that be?

There can be no downside to bringing Grimes in. You think recruits will look at that and say "Oh **** they brought in someone who turned them down. Cowards."???

No way. This isn't going to be a national story of Miami turned down Grimes. Important people in the recruiting game will know, but it's not going to have a huge effect on anything if we do turn him away.

Plus, maybe Grimes has some connections to STA guys coming down the road. Maybe he lives up to his five star billing and turns into a stud. If not, well at least we tried.

And my final point, recruits don't always turn out. Yes, I love Pope and Hightower as prospects, but there's no guarantee. There's no guarantee with Grimes, but bring in as many potential studs as possible and eventually someone will live up to the hype

He was known as the best wr in south florida last year. I'm in the mind of bringing him in...has no affect on guys like Langham, Harris who would likely be gone as big wr and possibly Richards. When your bringing in qbs like Sits..better load up talent around him. Hightower, Wiggins, Pope and essentially Grimes would be super ELITE.

There can be no downside to bringing Grimes in. You think recruits will look at that and say "Oh **** they brought in someone who turned them down. Cowards."???

No way. This isn't going to be a national story of Miami turned down Grimes. Important people in the recruiting game will know, but it's not going to have a huge effect on anything if we do turn him away.

Plus, maybe Grimes has some connections to STA guys coming down the road. Maybe he lives up to his five star billing and turns into a stud. If not, well at least we tried.

And my final point, recruits don't always turn out. Yes, I love Pope and Hightower as prospects, but there's no guarantee. There's no guarantee with Grimes, but bring in as many potential studs as possible and eventually someone will live up to the hype

He was known as the best wr in south florida last year. I'm in the mind of bringing him in...has no affect on guys like Langham, Harris who would likely be gone as big wr and possibly Richards. When your bringing in qbs like Sits..better load up talent around him. Hightower, Wiggins, Pope and essentially Grimes would be super ELITE.

Only thing Sits is lettering in is sending in plays...will NEVER EVER play a down here.

With Perry as QB...if Grimes is healthy, bring him in.

Advertisement
Back