The Work 10-11

View as article
The last piece regarding Grimes is mind numbingly dumb. Complete ineptitude on Richt's part if true.

You don't turn down elite talent at a skill position. Unbelievable.

It's a marathon, not a sprint.

He's playing the long game - he's clearly trying to dismantle the culture in SoFl among the elite players that a Miami offer is a given, rather than an honour. If we're happy to take these kids back when they've flopped at other programmes because they're highly rated then there's nothing to dissuade the next batch from doing exactly the same.

I see the same thing with the way he has treated the two walk on guys recently. The U is for true U believers, and not a given for the disloyal. I like it.

Advertisement
I have no clue ,nor does anyone else,know what has been told or promised to the other WR’s we have committed.Would anyone be willing to risk one of maybe two of Pope ,Wiggins,Hightower by taking this kid? A kid with a bum knee.

What if,which is probable,Campbell Is also committed.You want to risk losing him.

We all know that S. fla. kids are divas in large part and we don’t know what might **** them off.We don’t know what Richt has told or promised them and who knows if taking Grimes is breaking Richt word to them and they bolt.

I’m happy with the kids we have and have coming.Grimes had his shot and chose ***’s lies.Now he wants to come home...Butch says He had a spot.

That part is irrelevant

And why would that be?

How is bringing in a receiver gonna scare away a defensive back?

Now it makes sense my bad..

Advertisement
That part about grimes is just dumb, greg Olsen chose Notre Dame over Miami only to transfer here less than a year later..... grimes is an elite talent and would be the second most talented receiver on the roster if he transferred in...

Olsen's from NJ. Grimes was a local prospect (even though he's originally from Indiana). That was also under a different staff (Coker). I don't mind Richt's take on the matter either way. Grimes is elite, but Richt's putting a premium on wanting to play for Miami. Offering that opportunity at any given day dilutes what he's trying to do.

Yeah but this is dumb to me, you need kids with elite talent. How many do we have on the roster at receiver with elite talent? Only a few
He’s better than everyone not named Richards or maybe Thomas on the roster..

How many WR do you won't them to have 12, only 1 a SR

Advertisement
I respect the staff for handling business like that with Grimes. Wide receiver talent is going to be stacked for years to come with or without him.

Last edited:
Elijah Moore is 10x the player that the overrated scrub Grimes is. Too many star gazers and richt hating trolls on here.

Man yall need to stop acting like Grimes is Jerry Jeudy or something. **** Jeff Thomas was better than him coming out anyways. Plus dude has a ****ed up knee and still isn't healthy.

Rejecting someone solely because they didn't choose us initially and a yr later wants to transfer here is definitely not the best move, but I have no problem with that being a factor in the decision to take a transfer or not. In this situation the staff wasn't as high on Grimes as the 247 rankings were, and they clearly aren't too confident in him after his injury. I have no problem not taking Grimes given all the circumstances. Had this been Jeudy that was trying to transfer here though, I think this staff 100% would be all about doing what they could to get him. The fact is they just aren't on the Grimes bandwagon just because he was a "5* recruit"....because to them that is meaningless.

Jerry Jeudy has 5 more catches than Grimes. Jerry Jeudy aint lightin the world on fire currently brah.

Just by looking at the stats and nothing else:

Jeudy - 8 Catches 131 yds 16.4 avg 1 TD.
Grimes - 3 Catches 20 yds 6.7 avg 0 TD.

Plus, Bama has thrown the ball 139 times while tOSU has thrown it 216 times which is like 60% more attempts. Then out of those attempts, tOSU has 141 completions while bama only has 88, so tOSU has more completions than Bama even has attempts. That would mean Jeudy is getting just over like 9% of all completions by Bama, and he didn't play in 2 games.

I'd say these stats paint a story of Jeudy definitely outperforming Grimes, even if it is on only 5 more receptions.

Advertisement
If the opportunity presents itself you take him, osu would have to give him a conditional release so who knows if that would even happen
Do you ever ever ever not have 20 opinions? Just shut up already. We have chips, and did it occur to you the staff has slots they want to give to other WR they believe in ore. Ffs

Say We take Grimes and he succeeds here isn't that something the staff can point to about kids stying home. What's the downside of taking him?

Man yall need to stop acting like Grimes is Jerry Jeudy or something. **** Jeff Thomas was better than him coming out anyways. Plus dude has a ****ed up knee and still isn't healthy.

Rejecting someone solely because they didn't choose us initially and a yr later wants to transfer here is definitely not the best move, but I have no problem with that being a factor in the decision to take a transfer or not. In this situation the staff wasn't as high on Grimes as the 247 rankings were, and they clearly aren't too confident in him after his injury. I have no problem not taking Grimes given all the circumstances. Had this been Jeudy that was trying to transfer here though, I think this staff 100% would be all about doing what they could to get him. The fact is they just aren't on the Grimes bandwagon just because he was a "5* recruit"....because to them that is meaningless.

Jerry Jeudy has 5 more catches than Grimes. Jerry Jeudy aint lightin the world on fire currently brah.

Plus, Bama has thrown the ball 139 times while tOSU has thrown it 216 times which is like 60% more attempts. Then out of those attempts, tOSU has 141 completions while bama only has 88, so tOSU has more completions than Bama even has attempts. That would mean Jeudy is getting just over like 9% of all completions by Bama, and he didn't play in 2 games.

I'd say these stats paint a story of Jeudy definitely outperforming Grimes, even if it is on only 5 more receptions.

YOUR TRYING TOO HARD.

Bama passing game stinks and phiolosophy on offense isnt fit for a wr. Jeudy has 1 wr worth a **** in front of him..and he plays alot. I'll take the OSU wr's over the bama wrs....add to it Bama hasnt played anybody worth a sh*t yet and he still only has 8 catches. Hes not really out performing anything...He has 8 catches...and a late game bummy td...and your crowning him. Add to it ive seen both run routes live, and i'd take Grimes every time.

The hard stance has no PULL on recruits as THEY DONT CARE...or dont even know whats going on in the situation. Its actually kind of silly in my opinion

Advertisement

YOUR TRYING TOO HARD.

Bama passing game stinks and phiolosophy on offense isnt fit for a wr. Jeudy has 1 wr worth a **** in front of him..and he plays alot. I'll take the OSU wr's over the bama wrs....add to it Bama hasnt played anybody worth a sh*t yet and he still only has 8 catches. Hes not really out performing anything...He has 8 catches...and a late game bummy td...and your crowning him. Add to it ive seen both run routes live, and i'd take Grimes every time.

The hard stance has no PULL on recruits as THEY DONT CARE...or dont even know whats going on in the situation. Its actually kind of silly in my opinion

Regardless the staff clearly doesn't think as highly of Grimes as you do. If they did, they'd probably be all over him. But they don't so it is what it is. Maybe after the season when he is actually in the process of deciding a school to transfer to they'll change their mind. Until then I'm riding with the coaches on this one.

Gaynor besides having a very nasty and physical style of play is exceptionally strong. In high school he bench pressed 370, squatted 500 and power cleaned 320. I imagine those numbers are up quite a bit from that now.

Grimes made his decision and he picked Da9 Buckeyes.. For CMR to say NO, this his way of sending a message to local recruits!! Once you say NO to Miami once, there is NO second chance... It's basically telling them "You have one opportunity to jump on board "..

I look at it like this, the Grimes situation is all about MAKING A STATEMENT!! CMR is making a statement, every year their are locals who decide to go elsewhere then a year or so later, they are calling the staff trying to transfer back home.. Richt SAYS F'THAT, you didn't pick us when you had the chance now we don't want you!! I love it..

Advertisement
Back