The Work 10-11

View as article
This looks good regardless of the outcome. I think it's a good look that 2 former 5 star recruits want to transfer here. (Eason and Grime) Even looks better if the transfers are declined. "Please! Please! transfer anywhere but Miami". Reminds me of that old song by Biz Markie "Vapors".
Situation might also have to do with a lot of silents. Didn't Pete say a few months back that he was told that between commits and silents our class is pretty much full?

Advertisement
I get that you guys want to defend the staff, but Grimes is an elite talent period. What happened to “stacking chips”? That’s all that most of this board preaches about, but now we should turn down elite talent because they “missed their chance”? I’m sorry, but it’s total nonsense.

We stacking chips with Pope, Wiggins, and Hightower, mane. #pringles

All are great talents as well, but the very concept of stacking chips implies you add as much as you can possibly get, no? I guess I’ll stop harping about it, but it really makes no sense to me

Unless they're a cancer whose talent/fit for your program you were never really sold on to begin with.

I'm not trying to be mean bc I genuinely love all Canes, but even with the injuries, Knowles has no business seeing the field. it hsouldn't even be a consideration.

At all, he shouldn’t see the field. He almost cost us the game with his play in the 4th quarter

I’d tell knowles we were playing on Friday or Sunday so he didn’t show up.

I know this is GT and they don’t throw much but I don’t need the ones they do throw going for 6 because knowles is 20 yds out of position..

Advertisement
What's with the love affair of Grimes on this board?

The kid's knee is ****ed up & we got 3 studs coming in for 2018.

We don't even use all our WR's right now, so you think we're just going take Grimes on a bum knee & he's going to start over everybody else?

I would take him but it would be insanely naive and ridiculous for me to assume I know anything about the situation.

If Richt says thanks but no thanks, I definitely support that.
The thing I find hilarious is people are acting like the fate of the program rests upon trying to convince a kid to hopefully get a medical hardship from Oh St lol.

If this were several years ago, I would understand it 100%, but I just think people are overreacting to something that's immensely insignificant.

And, the guarantee that Grimes would be better than everybody else is more hilarious. It's simply based on HS. Which fans could easily do the same with Pope but are deciding not to.

He won't be available to play until next year, so people are basically saying the staff is out of their mind for not going all out to get a kid that nobody even knows if he's going to be ready to play.

I mean, is this kid going to be a 1st round draft pick? Well, **** I hope for this board's sake he is, cause if not that'll be a shame lol.

Also funny to see people have already given up on Thomas/Harley/Joku & are breaking out into convulsions because Richt isn't all that interested in Grimes lol.

Last edited:
Grimes can’t even get PT at OSU and some believe he’ll come to UM as one of our top receivers. Kid is coming off an ACL injury, he could end up being great or bust. I’ll take my chances with our healthy commits and current WRs who wanted to be in the orange and green

Also should be noted on Grimes that he was not a guy that this staff went “balls to the wall” for. Yes, they were recruiting him, but Grimes didn’t show much reciprocal interest and UM did not view him as a “can’t miss”

Thanks Pete. Some people are hyped more about physical attributes than actual performance. Given what the staff reportedly feels about Grimes and osu seemingly willing to allow him back home (unless family hardship), there is no report, that I've heard of, saying he was this dominant WR in college practices. If he was then I'm for sending a message that although Grimes got in, don't play us.

iron sharpens iron, bring grimes in period...

Well he is on scholarship at another university so it's not as easy as bringing him.
This is speculation to another level. Has this kid even made a call to UM asking to transfer here?
Lots of crap has to happen before it's even a question if we take him or not.

Advertisement
O-line is paper thin, that Donaldson injury is something that needs to be handled correctly and I trust that the staff will not rush him back.

Also should be noted on Grimes that he was not a guy that this staff went “balls to the wall” for. Yes, they were recruiting him, but Grimes didn’t show much reciprocal interest and UM did not view him as a “can’t miss”

I agree he was not on juedys level......all he had was a go route and the speed of the dbs speeds up in d1.

The last piece regarding Grimes is mind numbingly dumb. Complete ineptitude on Richt's part if true.

You don't turn down elite talent at a skill position. Unbelievable.

I would agree but if it is indeed to send a message to future recruits that we are not to be considered standby dates to the prom then it carries a lot of value. Remember the old days of "you can come to Miami, or go someplace else and get beat by the kid that comes to Miami!" Certainly, it was laughable to act that way lately but maybe not so much right now. The next two classes are crucial. It the on field performance remains good, reinforcing the get on board or get run over attitude could pay dividends.

Don't know why everyone is ****ting on Knowles. Guy got put in position in FSU that wasn't expected. I'm sure he'll be better next week

Advertisement
The last piece regarding Grimes is mind numbingly dumb. Complete ineptitude on Richt's part if true.

You have to set a precedent in this case. We can't have local recruits thinking that they can sign somewhere and if they don't like it The U will be there waiting. No. U have one chance to sign with us. If u don't we're on to the next.

I get that you guys want to defend the staff, but Grimes is an elite talent period. What happened to “stacking chips”? That’s all that most of this board preaches about, but now we should turn down elite talent because they “missed their chance”? I’m sorry, but it’s total nonsense.
What happened to stacking chips?

Mark Pope, Daquris Wiggins & Brian Hightower, after Mike Harley, Jeff Thomas & Evidence Njoku.

Defending the staff? What do they need to be bashed for? Because yall think Grimes is Randy Moss or some ****?

That's just bogus, we don't need him, we're not talent void at WR & everybody keeps acting like the kid is a guaranteed to be a star, when all he's done thus far is rehab his knee that can't get healthy.

There's a **** ton of WR's available for Miami, this ain't the Folden era no more, we don't need to beg kids to come play for us.

I never liked him as a prospect even when his knee was good.....we recruited balls out for Juedy cause he was the guy not Grimes

Well as of now it’s more about them being comfortable with what they have at receiver and what they’re bringing in. But that last part is something that could play into the equation.

Understood but regardless of who we get Grimes is a physical speicman.

You simply don't turn down that type of talent.

Yeah I like the idea of sending that message…but it's hard to believe we're at that level already, I mean maybe it's different if we saw 3 or 4 receivers against FSU that were consistently open and burning their DB's for big plays, but for the most part, receptions were tough to come by and mainly all in tight windows. As for turning down Irvin, as much as I hate these South Florida traitors like Dalvin Cook he'd probably help with our safety depth right now, so maybe giving some of these guys a second chance wouldn't be too bad an idea.

Advertisement

I would agree but if it is indeed to send a message to future recruits that we are not to be considered standby dates to the prom then it carries a lot of value. Remember the old days of "you can come to Miami, or go someplace else and get beat by the kid that comes to Miami!" Certainly, it was laughable to act that way lately but maybe not so much right now. The next two classes are crucial. It the on field performance remains good, reinforcing the get on board or get run over attitude could pay dividends.

Absolutely need him back for VT. Just hoping Richt & Co. can dial up something nice to handle GT and UNC.

just a hypothetical but if Jerry Jeudy changed his mind and wanted to come back after this season would we take him?

Where did the Eason transfer talk come in to play? Grimes name was mentioned by Pete... didn’t see Eason.

Advertisement
Back