The safety position

Yep. People are sleeping on that kid.
For some reason he is always underrated. And for some reason they think he is/was a poor athlete. He met the threshold for what an incoming um safety should be..6'0 180 with a laser 4.6 40. This is a kid with development will be a nice 2 year starter and someone hard to keep off the field. He is more advance in playing the back end than alot of our db athletes.

Advertisement
See above, I agree I like the kid, like his game a lot, BUT it is a crowded room, and I was obviously speaking in a hypothetical of if one were to leave by spring who would it be and I just didnt see anyone else as a truly viable option out of Hall, Bubba, Carter, Williams, Tae, Kam and Balom.
Balom ain't goin no where. Don't see any of those guys leaving by spring. Carter because he's a 5th year. Tae because he's coming back from injury. Williams, Kam are true frosh. Hall, Bolden returning starters. Harrell would be the kid to go at S, if someone.

For some reason he is always underrated. And for some reason they think he is/was a poor athlete. He met the threshold for what an incoming um safety should be..6'0 180 with a laser 4.6 40. This is a kid with development will be a nice 2 year starter and someone hard to keep off the field. He is more advance in playing the back end than alot of our db athletes.
Yeah, I'm a fan. Thought he was underrated as a recruit. IMO he can be as good as any of them if he works at it. Safety is about the instincts and knowledge once you clear the athletic bar, as Reed proved. Whoever is the best 'safety' will step forward.

Not that I think he will, but the question was posed of wonder who will transfer out. If I HAD to pick, I think him. In the event Tae, Williams and Kam pass him up, I can see him seeking greener pastures, all 3 of those guys were highly recruited and have some skills, Balom I feel got playing time because Carter was constantly thrown out of games. I do like Balom but with only 2 spots he is the only one I think would bolt after spring for the reasons stated in my previous post I just don't see anyone else leaving because I do not think Williams steps in and supplants Hall or Bubba or Carter by spring ball.
Avantae would have to be able to beat him out as well and his coverage skills arent all that. James will be played all over the place. Kam is very similar to Balom imo...maybe a bit better athleticism...the same type of iq.

I hear you...I dont think any of them will bolt...but i think Balom will be a tough out ofr guys slipping. Especially in a spring practice format..kid is gonna work and produce.

Balom ain't goin no where. Don't see any of those guys leaving by spring. Carter because he's a 5th year. Tae because he's coming back from injury. Williams, Kam are true frosh. Hall, Bolden returning starters. Harrell would be the kid to go at S, if someone.
Ah forgot about harrell thought he moved to striker. I agree i do not see ANY leaving, but if I had to pick, he was the only semi-logical one.

Advertisement
Ah forgot about harrell thought he moved to striker. I agree i do not see ANY leaving, but if I had to pick, he was the only semi-logical one.
They dont know what to do with Harrell yet...Kid is moving towards weighing 200-205. He is a big kid. The reps he got during the season i was surprised how big he looked back there at safety

They dont know what to do with Harrell yet...Kid is moving towards weighing 200-205. He is a big kid. The reps he got during the season i was surprised how big he looked back there at safety
Can any of these kids play Corner?

Advertisement
Is Keyshawn Washington still at safety or is he a striker ?
****. Talk about the forgotten guy. LOL. Didnt even think of this kid. Forget Balom..this kid is my pick potential transfer candidate this year or next. Too many bodies in the room. And we could potentially have Kamari Wilson (top safety in the country for 2022) entering it next season too?

Advertisement

I liked the take a lot. I actually thought his highlights showed sounder safety play than those of Avatae and Harrell. Avantae has the highest upside of the bunch. But I expect Balom to do some things at Miami. He's that high floor kid we needed in the class.

Bolden was one of our best players the first THREE games last year, and that's still questionable. What does Hall's hype have to do with his production so far?
My point is avante and JW are all hype right now they haven’t proven anything yet.

Advertisement
OK. One example in 5 years here. Although Rousseau was coming off a broken ankle, but sure, he probably should have been playing since Week 1 and playing a lot. Although, he was playing from Week 1, IIRC he had a sack in the gator and UNC games, but yeah didn't start and should have been. Point for CIS, deduct one from Manny. Ready....fight.
And back spasms Rousseau said it himself. for some reason that is always lost in the conversation.

See above, I agree I like the kid, like his game a lot, BUT it is a crowded room, and I was obviously speaking in a hypothetical of if one were to leave by spring who would it be and I just didnt see anyone else as a truly viable option out of Hall, Bubba, Carter, Williams, Tae, Kam and Balom.
There is only one person left washington? Smith got moved to striker.

Advertisement
Back