The safety position

DMoney

D-Moni
Administrator
I get the feeling this is going to be the most debated position all season.

You have two starting seniors (Bolden and Hall) with NFL aspirations who want to play every snap. You have a super-senior (Carter) who has played since he got here. Then you have two freak shows (Avantae and JW) who are going to demand playing time and likely won't react well if they are sitting behind underperforming players. Finally, you've got two guys (Kam and Balom) who should be coach's favorites and will be practicing in spring.

Very interested to see how this plays out.

Advertisement
Carter better not play any significant snaps, I know that. If Bolden can get back to early season Bolden, which I believe he will under the coaching he will now receive, then he deserves to be out there. Hall, blah. He needs to show he deserves to play over the others because to this point he has been the biggest disappointment on this squad. I expect them to give him every chance to show it though and idk if that is good or bad. What’s the deal with Avantae? Will he be good to go or what?

I can't see any feasible scenario where Carter sees PT with so much talent at the position, he should be relegated to special teams. Hall should be on notice and looking over his shoulder. Will Avantae be healthy and able to play ? Does Harrell move to striker ? Definitely an interesting position group filled with good problems to have.

Advertisement
I was Bandas biggest defender but in situations like this I am glad he is not here and we have a guy who is walking into that room with no favorites. T-Rob has said the best players will play. Hall and Carter are the two guys who I think either show up or will be on the bench quickly and those were Bandas favorites IMO. Esp Carter.

To keep getting guys like Avantae and James you need to find ways to utilize their talents and you **** well better not sit them behind older players who aren't performing. That means Hall and Bolden better bring it from game 1. And Carter can play special teams and be a sub when needed, I think we have seen his ceiling.

Advertisement
Somebody's gotta play linebacker.
And that somebody better be carter. I feel like he would be better than Mccloud. Also why is everyone so certain the 2 Williams’ will be better than Bolden and Hall. Bolden was arguably one of our best players the first 6 games last year and Hall was just as hyped up as those 2 coming in. Everyone saying “bolden and hall have to prove it”. To me The Williams’ guys better prove it!

Advertisement

You have two starting seniors (Bolden and Hall) with NFL aspirations who want to play every snap. You have a super-senior (Carter) who has played since he got here. Then you have two freak shows (Avantae and JW) who are going to demand playing time and likely won't react well if they are sitting behind underperforming players. Finally, you've got two guys (Kam and Balom) who should be coach's favorites and will be practicing in spring.

I don't think Avantae will play until 2022.

It’s quite a log jam, D.

This is my most interesting to position to view, as well.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back