The safety position

Understood but the fan frustration really isn’t logical here, it’s just impatience with seeing thensame flaws over and over.
Look at Pope. 33/403 12.2 yard average. That's not terrible. But when you see a drop at a critical time, that influences your opinion.

Advertisement
You can always tell the guys who have played or coached vs the guys who have a 12 year dynasty on NCAA 14 for PS3.
Yup. One of the fatest ways to lose a lockerroom is to play someone who doesn't know what the **** they're doing...especially at linebacker or safety.

I think he was thrown in there before he was actually ready. 1 year too soon and then not playing well affected his confidence. He can still be a solid starter for us, just needs to play within the scheme and be a "do your job" type player. There's a lot that goes on behind the scenes with these players and trying to reach the dream of playing in the NFL. If ur not a lightning in a bottle w/freaky measurables you have to be a fanatic in film study/treatment & recovery/weight room-work ethic.
I agree my point is I don’t see anything special about him at all. Avg athlete, avg tackler, avg speed and avg instincts. I’m not sure a redshirt would’ve solved these things.

Yeah! Mullet is obviously biased towards playing less-talented kids that have been at Florida for longer, and he's holding back Five-Star Lingard.
I mean, he did keep record setting quarterback Kyle Trash on the bench in favor of Taco Hotdog

Advertisement
Gurvan Hall was battling injuries last season is what i've heard.

I know he had 66 tackles, 3.5 TLL, 2 sacks, 1 INT as a true sophmore.

I think he had to be battling injuries. I did see some flashes in the bowl game where I thought where has that Hall been? I think he bounces back with a very solid senior season.

Yeah, I don't get the criticism of Hall at all.

Even with the injuries, Hall was the 6th leading tackler on the team.

Not His fault we have the worse coached LBs in P5.

I mean, he did keep record setting quarterback Kyle Trash on the bench in favor of Taco Hotdog
The Kid Mero Nod GIF by Desus & Mero

It's all good TOC I didn't mean it that way boss lol

Alright, no problem, nothing personal. I posted it the way that I did to emphasize that there wasn't an actual in-game injury, and that every "public" source has been evasive about the situation.

It's hard. We all want to see the kid healthy, risk-free, and playing hard on the field. It's frustrating to have to wait so long to see his talent and ability.

Advertisement
Carter at LB makes some sense to me. Kid has the right attributes for a being a good teammate, but he isn’t a saftey in the modern game. He would have been a legend in the Atwater days.

The problem is..people see the Patchan situation with him playing in front of GR 2 years ago, they see McCloud being out there last year, and they see Pope/Wiggins constantly getting PT over younger guys and they run with the narrative.

I dont think Manny plays the senority game. There is no doubt in my mind that guys like Pope, Wiggins and McCloud worked there a$$e$ off in the offseason, were big time players in practice..but for some reason, it didnt translate to the field. I think Mannys philosopy is that if you work hard in the offseason and practice well..you get the PT. Problem is, guys like the ones mentioned above just cant get it done when the lights are on and thats when it matters most. So fans think Manny plays seniors over younger guys no matter what.
Agree. Rousseau played himself into a starting position. You think Likens rarely played Payton because the kid seized the position? Backups got plenty of snaps behind Jennings and McCloud. Results were no better.

Carter at LB makes some sense to me. Kid has the right attributes for a being a good teammate, but he isn’t a saftey in the modern game. He would have been a legend in the Atwater days.

Atwater had instinct, Carter doesn't. Carter doesn't even look like a Safety.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I’m not sure how it is on the defensive side because Manny is obviously more hands-on there but on offense, the position coaches name their rotation. Rob Likens blatantly said he felt uncomfortable playing 6 guys at WR last year. The reason Pope, Wiggins and Harley got a majority of the snaps was because Likens didn’t trust the younger guys.

Why would you say that?. Lol guy was getting reps last szn.
Not that I think he will, but the question was posed of wonder who will transfer out. If I HAD to pick, I think him. In the event Tae, Williams and Kam pass him up, I can see him seeking greener pastures, all 3 of those guys were highly recruited and have some skills, Balom I feel got playing time because Carter was constantly thrown out of games. I do like Balom but with only 2 spots he is the only one I think would bolt after spring for the reasons stated in my previous post I just don't see anyone else leaving because I do not think Williams steps in and supplants Hall or Bubba or Carter by spring ball.

Yep. People are sleeping on that kid.

See above, I agree I like the kid, like his game a lot, BUT it is a crowded room, and I was obviously speaking in a hypothetical of if one were to leave by spring who would it be and I just didnt see anyone else as a truly viable option out of Hall, Bubba, Carter, Williams, Tae, Kam and Balom.

Advertisement
Back