Rumor The Rumor Fail Mega Thread

Advertisement
I told you guys before when it comes to Mario and coaching hires you can’t measure time to hire in days or weeks it has to be measured in seasons like winter,spring,summer,fall.

Who gives a crap if he doesn't like recruiting? If Mario is the recruiter he thinks he is, maybe it's a good idea to have a coach on the staff that can actually coach the talent the rest of the staff brings in. You can't have a staff full of recruiters, and no **** coach that can scheme up a game plan for the players once they are here. I'd let a great OC NEVER recruit, if he's **** good at his job. Let the man be a mad scientist in the lab and grunt at recruits when they visit for all I care. Recruits will see results and want to be a part of that success. Right now, all they are going to be a part of is the suck.
Cool rant.
I was just making up things like all the chicken littles in the chain.

Advertisement
Ahh one of my favorite topics. The legend of Joe Brady. One year where he helped lead one of the most loaded offenses in college football and he has become the chosen one by all fan bases.
Well ... look at the LSU offensive production the year BEFORE Brady was hired by the OC to "modernize the play book and install spread concepts". Same QB, same 3 primary WR's and same 2 top RB's. Production was nowhere near the top of NCAA. Enter Brady, and according to the LSU OC "whenever we got into 3rd down and red zone situations I turned it over to Joe Brady "Joe it's yours" and he called the plays. Results .... Burrows had a phenom season, LSU was vaulted towards the top in passing yards, passing TD's, 3rd down conversions and red zone production.

Not a "legend" just actually happened. Brady would absolutely kill it at UM. Hope he lands here.

Having suffered through Joe Brady as a Carolina Panthers fan, I can tell you that we're certainly not missing out on a great one.
Not advocating for Gattis or Brady, I am just pointing out the fact that Mario process for hiring Coaches is a long process and by time he’s finished we are left with bread crumbs to choose from.

Advertisement
This is the type of anarchy I love to see

People already falling apart with the Gattis delay gets to watch Brady go to Oregon

It’s actually perfect

It’s even more entertaining if you know this is not a big deal but the optics are Hollywood esque
How would that not have been a big deal? Or are you saying it's not a big deal because the rumor isn't true?

People I think fail to understand that gattis has a 7 figure buyout. He’ll be let go when gets a new job and it’ll be “mutual”

Which will be tricky because we overpaid him like ****
"Buyout"? He has 1 year remaining on his 2 year contract so UM would have to pay him $1.8 million, less any coaching salary that he gets paid from another program in the 2023 season. It would be MUCH more expensive to keep him and watch ticket sales plummet and make offensive recruiting much more difficult. Hopefully he lands a decent job soon and UM's $$ obligation is limited.

Please provide details how they are biased as a group. And the criteria is always the same, but each individual can weight them differently so the only consensus is In the rankings, not the process for each individual getting to their opinion. They’re not infallible but “ I’m here to tell you “ they almost always get it right in the end
Ok Ms Terry. We get it. You feel the committee has never been biased toward SEC or Bama.

All good. Sorry you got slotted as #5. Highway robbery I say.

How would that not have been a big deal? Or are you saying it's not a big deal because the rumor isn't true?
You know what I mean my man

I’m done beating my head against the wall with this program I’m just enjoying the meltdowns

Advertisement
"Buyout"? He has 1 year remaining on his 2 year contract so UM would have to pay him $1.8 million, less any coaching salary that he gets paid from another program in the 2023 season. It would be MUCH more expensive to keep him and watch ticket sales plummet and make offensive recruiting much more difficult. Hopefully he lands a decent job soon and UM's $$ obligation is limited.
yeah you're pretty much re-iterating my point. if he decided not to coach and just collect a check from miami, we would owe him the rest of his contract, if he finds a landing spot then that team absorbs the salary.

my point wasn't that we wouldn't terminate him but that just there was probably some reasonsing for the waiting as mario is ultra focused on recruiting and he has to know that holding onto gattis is impacting it negatively

****, I'm a Mario supporter. Check my posts (well, Hugh Freeze was a pipedream).

And even I WANNA KNOW WHY.

Probably for similar reasons as top WRs from Fort Lauderdale who would rather gamble on their chances in Boston College's offense than transfer to Miami to play in a Cristobal offense.

Ok Ms Terry. We get it. You feel the committee has never been biased toward SEC or Bama.

All good. Sorry you got slotted as #5. Highway robbery I say.
I’m just curious how or why a committee comprised of people from all over the country and with only one member with ties to the sec, and that’s to Kentucky, would be so badly biased to the sec and Alabama. I guess people from Nebraska, navy, Stanford, Notre dame, Wyoming, Colorado, Marshall, k state and nc state just can’t help themselves…

Advertisement
I’m sure The twitter pressure when they were all in a room by themselves is what did it…that and the pundits. They really have zero integrity, but they did the right thing in an effort to convince everyone they did have “integrity”…makes total sense

Stay in ur lane; u’re only good at hating on Mario.

Advertisement
Back