Rumor The Rumor Fail Mega Thread

Advertisement
Are you freaking serious? Your examples are both before all the games are even played and one is the very first release of the year. Who cares about mid season rankings? When did they get the final 4 actual cfp participants wrong?
You are right, perhaps the weakest reply in a debate I have ever seen.

I can absolutely promise u they won’t. They were reluctant to put them in the top 4 in the 1st place.
You broke your promise, I feel betrayed…

can we stop with the “I promise you” or “I’m here to tell you” declarations of supposed fact?

Advertisement
A very solid argument could be made every single year they get #4 "wrong".

Same could be said for the seedings.

Again, they have difficult job further compounded by the appearance of bias towards SEC, particularly Bama.
AN argument could usually be made, but it has nOt been stronger than the case that they got it right…that’s the point. The 3rd team usually had a case in the bcs, the 5th team usually has some case to be top 4 now, the 13th team will have some case to be top 12 when the playoff expands. There has to be a cutoff point and it’s almost never a clear cut decision with no counter arguments

AN argument could usually be made, but it has nOt been stronger than the case that they got it right…that’s the point. The 3rd team usually had a case in the bcs, the 5th team usually has some case to be top 4 now, the 13th team will have some case to be top 12 when the playoff expands. There has to be a cutoff point and it’s almost never a clear cut decision with no counter arguments
We are kinda saying same thinf friend. Where we disagree is amount of "errors"...

Advertisement
I’m here to tell you that I promise that we will not stop with the declarations of supposed fact!

& it wasn’t a supposed fact; it was a foregone conclusion among those in the know. It was all the push back that started to happen, including from very influential ppl in the media.

How about u should feel betrayed that u didn’t read further:

👇🏾

Edit: Nice try, though.
I’m sure The twitter pressure when they were all in a room by themselves is what did it…that and the pundits. They really have zero integrity, but they did the right thing in an effort to convince everyone they did have “integrity”…makes total sense

Advertisement
& it wasn’t a supposed fact; it was a foregone conclusion among those in the know. It was all the push back that started to happen, including from very influential ppl in the media.
It’s also not a ridiculous statement to make when the CFP committee who is blatantly biased and changes their criteria to fit their own narrative.

Advertisement
Glad TCU got to stay in but **** I was hoping some how some way Bama would jump Ohio St, and you know why?

Because fk Ohio St, fk anyone who went to Ohio St, and fk anyone who likes Ohio St. Those ******** can get bent over and take it right up the O yesterday, today, tomorrow, and forever.

It’s also not a ridiculous statement to make when the CFP committee who is blatantly biased and changes their criteria to fit their own narrative.
Please provide details how they are biased as a group. And the criteria is always the same, but each individual can weight them differently so the only consensus is In the rankings, not the process for each individual getting to their opinion. They’re not infallible but “ I’m here to tell you “ they almost always get it right in the end

Since we are just posting our feelings and thoughts based on no actual info, then I’ll give it a whirl too.
Brady is said to hate recruiting. Mario is not going to have an OC that won’t recruit. Oregon told Brady he could skip recruiting so he took the job there.

Or maybe after another year of not getting NFL OC offers he has changed his mind about going back to college.

Maybe he just really likes the PNW and always wanted to live there.
Who gives a crap if he doesn't like recruiting? If Mario is the recruiter he thinks he is, maybe it's a good idea to have a coach on the staff that can actually coach the talent the rest of the staff brings in. You can't have a staff full of recruiters, and no **** coach that can scheme up a game plan for the players once they are here. I'd let a great OC NEVER recruit, if he's **** good at his job. Let the man be a mad scientist in the lab and grunt at recruits when they visit for all I care. Recruits will see results and want to be a part of that success. Right now, all they are going to be a part of is the suck.

Advertisement
Back