The PLAYERS ARE THE PROBLEM....

Advertisement
The losing streak has really brought out the sh*t-flinger monkeys in the Canes fandom....

My god-- it really certifies for me that I THANK THE LORD most of your emotionally unstable, panic-stricken, freak-out chimps don't run the world or else you would have burned the entire world down by now with your panic-button-pounding histrionics by now....

My god-- when did men start having ***king periods??

If you don't like logic, reason and facts-- this thread AIN'T FOR YOU....

My assessments of the state of the program are:

1) 2018 and 7-6 showed that this team's wheels were coming off well before Diaz showed up as HC....

2) Brett Romberg's radio broadcast + JT4's SECOND suspension + team play on the field this season tells us that THE PLAYERS ARE THE PROBLEM...

3) The sloppiness, lack of tackling and focus in practice and in games tells me that UM has built a culture of PRETENDERS who are at UM to ride the coat-tails of our former greats and glory years-- but don't have the real desire to sweat, bleed and hunger to become THE BEST EVER...

4) Diaz has been repeatedly saying about "changing the culture" which is COACHING SPEAK for "i have a bunch of sissy-assed little boys more worried about their social media and *****-grabbing action" than they do about BEING THE BEST EVER.

5) You CAN'T have the mentality and wins of a Bama & Clemson if EVERY SINGLE PLAYER ON THE TEAM is not 100% committed to trying to BE THE BEST EVER and to working hard at practice under the coaching staff's instructions.

6) Having said all that-- the 2019 Canes are BETTER than the 2018 Canes who were literally falling apart in every phase of the game.

7) The 2019 Canes are a HANDFUL OF PLAYS away from being 7-0, 6-1, 5-2....etc. So despite the BINARY JUDGEMENT OF WIN vs. LOSE, those incremental differences between a tackle, a field goal, a dropped pass was how close this team is to being "GOOD" vs. "BAD"

***NOTE: The REFINED UNDERSTANDING of the status of a team eludes you simple-minded NEADERTHALS who only know "UUGGG GOOD!"...."UGGG BAD!" You have the football understanding of KINDERGARDEN KIDS eating their own SH*T because teacher didn't give them cake...

8) It's a new generation of kids now-- super-entitled little B*TCHES who want their backs GENTLY PATTED ALWAYS ---AKA Consolation Plaques For Losses-- or else their FEE-FEES will be hurt... UM appears to have amassed a team full of little boys pretending to be "great players" but don't have the mental toughness and hunger it takes to be THE BEST EVER.

9) DIAZ IS HERE TO STAY -- EVEN IF WE GO 7-6... 6-7... 5-8...4-9...3-10..... UM will not be "HIS TEAM" until he get's a chance to CLEAN THE CANCERS from the team and install the players and mentality that fits his plan. I'm not any kind fo Diaz fan-- but I believe in determination, stability and maturity in making decisions-- if you've invested in a coach-- you let that investment ride out at least 1-2 seasons before changing track. Being erratic in decision-making is one of the worst traits any institution can make...whether in business, science, or football. US ADULTS who work in the real world and have real jobs know that.... the rest of you monkeys can go back to your 7-11 jobs and hate-posting.

10) Ain't no amount of coaching can make make field goals, players tackle, catch passes, or cover their assigned man. If you watch and count up all the missed plays of this season-- it's clear it comes down to players not being good enough and not working hard enough. It's easy to blame the coaches-- but great players who possess REAL HUNGER TO BE THE BEST EVER never need a coach to convince them to work hard or make plays. THEY DO SO PURELY OUT OF THEIR DESIRE TO BE THE BEST EVER....

The 2019 CANES DON'T have ENOUGH of these players right now....
Of course the players are the problem. The current and previous coaching staffs have not rung the bell on evaluating talent or developing talent. That is why Highsmith.....and/or Butch need to be brought back in some capacity. Alonzo played a role in the Green Bay Superbowl teams, and no one since Butch Davis and has ever recruited and developed diamond in the rough players like Ray Lewis, Reggie Wayne, and Ed Reed. Neither of those three guys had P5 offers coming out of high school. Two of the three are in the Hall of Fame. Diaz does not have to be kicked to the curb. Put him back to coach the defense. They should have done that with Randy, by telling Golden you can have the HC job, but Shannon will be the DC. For goodness sake, Randy had won DC of the Year in College Football in the early 2000's. You kick the guy to the curb because he failed as a HC? What kind of sense does that make? In the real business world you don't take your top producer, promote him to general manager, and if he fails, you fire him from the company. You chalk it up to a bad experience for everyone, and put him back where he thrives...in his top producing role. This way the organization still able to continue the success it originally had. This is where the Administration/AD/BOT have been making grave errors.

Advertisement
Dont understand why we have such a large contingent of people here who think the problem is 100% the coaches and not the players. Don't understand why we have such a large contingent of people here who think the problem is 100% the players and not the coaches. The problem is clearly both. We have a dreadful staff and a roster full of way too many players who clearly just don't give a fvck.

Dont understand why we have such a large contingent of people here who think the problem is 100% the coaches and not the players. Don't understand why we have such a large contingent of people here who think the problem is 100% the players and not the coaches. The problem is clearly both. We have a dreadful staff and a roster full of way too many players who clearly just don't give a fvck.
Exactly, why not both?

Because players with poor coaching perform poorly. A team with poor coaching performs poorly. Coaches are getting fired every year for poor records which comes from players performing poorly.

So what exactly are you blaming the players for?

Not outperforming their poor coaching. Not being prepared even though their coach didn't prepare them. Not understanding their roles or assignments when poor coaches can't teach them.

Its like you want the players to perform like the 2001 Canes regardless to how poor the coaching is around them.

So what are you blaming them for?

Advertisement
The losing streak has really brought out the sh*t-flinger monkeys in the Canes fandom....

My god-- it really certifies for me that I THANK THE LORD most of your emotionally unstable, panic-stricken, freak-out chimps don't run the world or else you would have burned the entire world down by now with your panic-button-pounding histrionics by now....

My god-- when did men start having ***king periods??

If you don't like logic, reason and facts-- this thread AIN'T FOR YOU....

My assessments of the state of the program are:

1) 2018 and 7-6 showed that this team's wheels were coming off well before Diaz showed up as HC....

2) Brett Romberg's radio broadcast + JT4's SECOND suspension + team play on the field this season tells us that THE PLAYERS ARE THE PROBLEM...

3) The sloppiness, lack of tackling and focus in practice and in games tells me that UM has built a culture of PRETENDERS who are at UM to ride the coat-tails of our former greats and glory years-- but don't have the real desire to sweat, bleed and hunger to become THE BEST EVER...

4) Diaz has been repeatedly saying about "changing the culture" which is COACHING SPEAK for "i have a bunch of sissy-assed little boys more worried about their social media and *****-grabbing action" than they do about BEING THE BEST EVER.

5) You CAN'T have the mentality and wins of a Bama & Clemson if EVERY SINGLE PLAYER ON THE TEAM is not 100% committed to trying to BE THE BEST EVER and to working hard at practice under the coaching staff's instructions.

6) Having said all that-- the 2019 Canes are BETTER than the 2018 Canes who were literally falling apart in every phase of the game.

7) The 2019 Canes are a HANDFUL OF PLAYS away from being 7-0, 6-1, 5-2....etc. So despite the BINARY JUDGEMENT OF WIN vs. LOSE, those incremental differences between a tackle, a field goal, a dropped pass was how close this team is to being "GOOD" vs. "BAD"

***NOTE: The REFINED UNDERSTANDING of the status of a team eludes you simple-minded NEADERTHALS who only know "UUGGG GOOD!"...."UGGG BAD!" You have the football understanding of KINDERGARDEN KIDS eating their own SH*T because teacher didn't give them cake...

8) It's a new generation of kids now-- super-entitled little B*TCHES who want their backs GENTLY PATTED ALWAYS ---AKA Consolation Plaques For Losses-- or else their FEE-FEES will be hurt... UM appears to have amassed a team full of little boys pretending to be "great players" but don't have the mental toughness and hunger it takes to be THE BEST EVER.

9) DIAZ IS HERE TO STAY -- EVEN IF WE GO 7-6... 6-7... 5-8...4-9...3-10..... UM will not be "HIS TEAM" until he get's a chance to CLEAN THE CANCERS from the team and install the players and mentality that fits his plan. I'm not any kind fo Diaz fan-- but I believe in determination, stability and maturity in making decisions-- if you've invested in a coach-- you let that investment ride out at least 1-2 seasons before changing track. Being erratic in decision-making is one of the worst traits any institution can make...whether in business, science, or football. US ADULTS who work in the real world and have real jobs know that.... the rest of you monkeys can go back to your 7-11 jobs and hate-posting.

10) Ain't no amount of coaching can make make field goals, players tackle, catch passes, or cover their assigned man. If you watch and count up all the missed plays of this season-- it's clear it comes down to players not being good enough and not working hard enough. It's easy to blame the coaches-- but great players who possess REAL HUNGER TO BE THE BEST EVER never need a coach to convince them to work hard or make plays. THEY DO SO PURELY OUT OF THEIR DESIRE TO BE THE BEST EVER....

The 2019 CANES DON'T have ENOUGH of these players right now....

So I will ask one simple question for OP. Forget the Offense, only going to talk about the D! Who recruited the players on our current D team?

Not gonna lie I agree. I can. It blame certain things on coaching. Tackling is want want and effort thing not coaching.

Want and effort are great but;

There is a proper way to tackle and lots of improper ways to tackle? It has to be taught to a player at some point and if that player regresses or starts to use improper techniques then it is up to the coaches to reiterate the proper way to do it.

He's not completely wrong though. Most of what he said is correct, he just left out the part about how it's the coaches job to get the best out of these guys, so it they aren't doing their best, that's partly coaching. Also the part about how many times we've heard "wait til he gets his guys in there, then you'll see!", and how many times that's been bullsht. A good coach could get more out of the guys he's got. Maybe not championship level work, but more than this slack-*** team is giving.

So yeah, lazy players are hurting this team, but we also don't have a coach who can fix that sht.

Advertisement
i keep saying it. South florida culture sucks. we need more geographic diversity. to many south florida entitled divas on our team equals coaches nightmare. ask yourself why can no coach be successful here. we are on our 5th coach now. all terrible failures. only one common denominator. THE PLAYERS. Our best teams had players from all over.

There's always been diva's in S FL, maybe some more now though. We just aren't landing the top kids locally or in the state.

Problems are as follows as I see it.

1. They have horrible coaching. Sure, some exceptions to be had, but these guys are coming in raw.

2. Strength and nutrition is way behind most of the country. Even in state, unless it's a private school, is much the same as it was 20 years ago. There's been a lot of focus on this in that time, locals don't have the funding to keep up.

3. No loyalty. Transfer capital of the country. Bunch of mercenary souls that bounce to make super teams that half the time fail at that state championship goal. Love it when they do.

How this hurts us.

1. You're already behind the eight ball when your new recruits arrive. Hopefully they listen or maybe it's past that point with some. We have had average at best coaching, you see the results.

2. Do we look any better physically than our opponents? By and large, not even close. Elite teams look like NFL guys compared to us. Actual combine numbers, we do fairly well, but several months of solid work beforehand helps most certainly.

3. Recruits can't even be loyal to their schools and friends they grew up with. Why should they be loyal to the local team. They chase winning teams in high school, why wouldn't they when making their collegiate choice?

It's a mess. Winning would certainly help and be out biggest shot at getting the good ones. Now we're landing the ones that would typically leave the area. The tide needs to be reversed.

Send OP to Bolivia
The post was 4 above your reply. It's not necessary to overload the board by loading his post above your answer. While a lot of us aren't football qualified, we are capable of understanding what you are referring to

Somebody take note of all the derps that gave OP a “thumbs up” so we know who to ignore in the future.

Advertisement
Because players with poor coaching perform poorly. A team with poor coaching performs poorly. Coaches are getting fired every year for poor records which comes from players performing poorly.

So what exactly are you blaming the players for?

Not outperforming their poor coaching. Not being prepared even though their coach didn't prepare them. Not understanding their roles or assignments when poor coaches can't teach them.

Its like you want the players to perform like the 2001 Canes regardless to how poor the coaching is around them.

So what are you blaming them for?
So your position is that the players themselves deserve to shoulder 0% of the blame for this season? 100% of all blame and responsiblity on coaches' shoulders only?

If that's the case, makes me wonder if we have been watching different games.

BOTH the staff and a majority of our players have downright sucked this year. Sorry, players dont get a free pass in my book. Not when you see kids like JT4 just quit on plays, Ivey decide to just stand there and not follow a gunner, kickers shanking game winning chip shots, players getting 15 yarders at crucial moments for dumb sh-t like flicking a player off right in front of a ref, dudes smiling and dancing on the sideline when we are in a dog fight in the 4th quarter at home vs the worst team in P5, kids posting highlights on social media after a loss, and on and on and on.

I don't do the blame everyone and everything else and give everyone participation trophies mentality that's become so trendy in today's day in age. Like my original post said, our staff has been abysmal, but there is plenty of blame to be placed on many of our players as well.

So your position is that the players themselves deserve to shoulder 0% of the blame for this season? 100% of all blame and responsiblity on coaches' shoulders only?

If that's the case, makes me wonder if we have been watching different games.

BOTH the staff and a majority of our players have downright sucked this year. Sorry, players dont get a free pass in my book. Not when you see kids like JT4 just quit on plays, Ivey decide to just stand there and not follow a gunner, kickers shanking game winning chip shots, players getting 15 yarders at crucial moments for dumb sh-t like flicking a player off right in front of a ref, dudes smiling and dancing on the sideline when we are in a dog fight in the 4th quarter at home vs the worst team in P5, kids posting highlights on social media after a loss, and on and on and on.

I don't do the blame everyone and everything else and give everyone participation trophies mentality that's become so trendy in today's day in age. Like my original post said, our staff has been abysmal, but there is plenty of blame to be placed on many of our players as well.

You would like to blame the players for playing poorly. Okay, but then we are back to my questions. Players tend to perform poorly with poor coaching....no matter the team no matter the level. It has always been the case.

Why is he just "quitting" on a play? assuming that's what he is actually doing. why are they doing any of the things you pointed out? The players only do what they can get away with.

I think it is fair to ask before you blame the players...how do you think this exact team would perform under a different staff like a Bama or OSU. Players respond to the leadership.

Great coaches get players to play great and poor coaches don't. So if you have poor coaching what's the point of blaming the players. We all know with better coaching they would perform better.

You would like to blame the players for playing poorly. Okay, but then we are back to my questions. Players tend to perform poorly with poor coaching....no matter the team no matter the level. It has always been the case.

Why is he just "quitting" on a play? assuming that's what he is actually doing. why are they doing any of the things you pointed out? The players only do what they can get away with.

I think it is fair to ask before you blame the players...how do you think this exact team would perform under a different staff like a Bama or OSU. Players respond to the leadership.

Great coaches get players to play great and poor coaches don't. So if you have poor coaching what's the point of blaming the players. We all know with better coaching they would perform better.
:snoopfacepalm:

Advertisement
Back