The OC Candidates Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't sleep on Jake Peetz.
He refused the QB coach role at Nebraska (his alma mater) in order to stay with the Rams.

Maybe an OC offer would be more enticing but I think he could be another case of a coach who hates recruiting and prefers to stay at the NFL level.

Tbh I don’t even know if he could be a good choice for Miami.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Did you catch the "some" part of my post. Reading matters.
the names that I picked from that list in my post were complete jokes. The other names like Joe Brady that were on the OTHER post, were not jokes.

what has jake peetz done to deserve the OC job?

failed at lsu, became a part of the rams offensive staff and they were the worst offense in the nfl this year a year removed from the superbowl

no thanks
I'm not agreeing or disagreeing. Just telling you not to sleep on him.

But he didn't fail at LSU. Did a pretty good job with a mediocre QB. Team was a mess, as was Coach O.

Advertisement
You're just Johnny Raincloud today. No Kingsbury, no Hartline. Next thing you'll tell us Ruggiero is off the table.

LOL. I mean, I absolutely LOVE Ruggiero buttt....that slow mesh takes a while to implement/develop, and I think CMC is looking for something more plug-and-play.

I promise I'm not trying to be a d!ck!

LOL. I mean, I absolutely LOVE Ruggiero buttt....that slow mesh takes a while to implement/develop, and I think CMC is looking for something more plug-and-play.

I promise I'm not trying to be a d!ck!
takes a while? In his first year implementing it they averaged 35 a game good enough for 21st overall.

FYI thats up from 20.4 119th overall the year before.
The scheme works and fast.

slow mesh would do very will a cristobal / mirabal offensive line

not a big fan that it took ruggiero three and a half years to find success at WF and that he had top talent qb's to hide deficiencies

but would be better than several other names thrown around on here

Advertisement
ok, but what do you think about Earl Morrall? at least bring here as an analyst.

@AlexCane
star trek GIF

slow mesh would do very will a cristobal / mirabal offensive line

not a big fan that it took ruggiero three and a half years to find success at WF and that he had top talent qb's to hide deficiencies

but would be better than several other names thrown around on here
In his defense, he had a disgruntled employee leaking his playbook to opposing teams. Once he figured out what was going on he's had really good results.

Advertisement
Lol that doesn’t mean it’s him. February is next week and spring ball starts in March so you would like to get a guy in to get a jump on the offense

I said it's likely not a sure thing. He brings familiarity with what Mario wants, was recommended by Mario to pursue HC job, and he doesn't have a job. Once he was let go from UNLV, I am sure there have been conversations at very least so has a leg up on other candidates.

Not saying that is who I would want, or anything. Just who I think is in the front seat.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back