2021 (Memphis) - 52nd
2020 (Memphis) - 44th
2019 (Memphis) - 8th
2018 (Texas Tech) - 17th
2017 (Western Michigan) - 27th
2016 (Indiana) - 88th
2015 (Indiana) - 25th
2014 (Indiana) - 90th
Thats pretty good considering the hand he was dealt with mose of those teams. Not like he is working with rosters that were stacked. I'd say 2016 Indiana would be the only red flag but maybe they had an injury to a key player?

I try not to look to much into OC's or offensive players numbers in 2020-21 as it was a very unique situation

Advertisement
Kevin Johns - Scoring Offense Rank by Year

2022 (Duke) - 32nd
2021 (Memphis) - 52nd
2020 (Memphis) - 44th
2019 (Memphis) - 8th
2018 (Texas Tech) - 17th
2017 (Western Michigan) - 27th
2016 (Indiana) - 88th
2015 (Indiana) - 25th
2014 (Indiana) - 90th
But he likes to pound the rock 👀

I said it's likely not a sure thing. He brings familiarity with what Mario wants, was recommended by Mario to pursue HC job, and he doesn't have a job. Once he was let go from UNLV, I am sure there have been conversations at very least so has a leg up on other candidates.

Not saying that is who I would want, or anything. Just who I think is in the front seat.
That ain’t a good thing to recommend he go look for a hc job. Most coaches like continuity and would like to keep their guys

Advertisement
Thats pretty good considering the hand he was dealt with mose of those teams. Not like he is working with rosters that were stacked. I'd say 2016 Indiana would be the only red flag but maybe they had an injury to a key player?

I try not to look to much into OC's or offensive players numbers in 2020-21 as it was a very unique situation
I don't know too much about him but he has my support for not being Arroyo or Coley. Plus Elko seems like a smart dude so I tend to trust his judgment.

Advertisement
-ish. He's a true outside-zone, RPO running game. Think Lashlee, but better. Basically his passing attack creates 1000-yard rushers by accident.
Idk I just want an OC who will utilize the whole **** field. Feel like we will struggle with the same issues if it were to be johns

Haven't posted on here in a minute but always loved this community and what's been built here. Posted on here since our independent days. Wanted to throw this video on here and see what the page was feeling. Appreciate you all. Enjoy!

WATCH:

Great video thanks for posting

slow mesh would do very will a cristobal / mirabal offensive line

not a big fan that it took ruggiero three and a half years to find success at WF and that he had top talent qb's to hide deficiencies

but would be better than several other names thrown around on here
tenor.gif

Advertisement
No idea if it’s Johns.

But F+ offensive rankings:

2022 Duke: 43 (Duke was 112 in 2021 without him. So he basically worked a miracle).

2021 Memphis: 62 (2022 Memphis was 37 without him, so they got considerably better without him)

2020 Memphis: 58

2019 Memphis: 8 (Memphis was 18 in 2018, 14 in 2017, before him)

2018 Texas Tech: 35 (Texas Tech was 30 in 2017 without him, so about the same. And really KK was running that offense both years).

The Memphis numbers are concerning. He took over an offensive machine, got it when it was about to hit its peak, it hit its peak under him that first year, and then it went to **** under him, and quickly.

But the Duke offensive turnaround was arguably the most impressive in college football last year. Texas Tech doesn’t show much either way.

Advertisement
I'm a no on Mullen. He's another stubborn, inflexible guy with a proven inability to adjust to the players he has.
Urban has taken him everywhere he goes. Guy turned Alex Smith in to a first overall pick and heisman finalist, Tebow heisman winner 2 time National Champion, Dak received Heisman votes, even Brian Johnson went 13-0 at Utah with him. If we get him and James Coley for WR, I wouldn't be mad.

Mario and Coley would recruit the **** out of his success at the places he's been at with his/Urban's offense.

Idk I just want an OC who will utilize the whole **** field. Feel like we will struggle with the same issues if it were to be johns
Not really. I'm watching some Duke condensed games from last year (bored at work) and there's a lot to like. It's not Air Raid, but the splits are definitely wider - lots of 11 personnel with 3-4 WR, 1 RB, 1 TE/HB. Lots of motion, RPO, screens but not screen-dependent. I'll chime in more as I learn more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back