The OC Candidates Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
He is just wierd, but an ELITE play caller. We’d be blessed if he became our OC

That's his strength for sure. I don't even like his **** offense, but somehow it usually works.

He beats his QBs to death, so probably would be good with J.Brown.

But yeah Mullen turns little simple plays into huge chunk gains, at pivotal times in games. QB draws, a 7 yard pass to the flat that somehow has all the leverage.

Would love Coley on staff as WR coach and potentially non-play calling co-OC. Say what you want about his play calling, he is pretty darn good at scripting the first couple of drives. Our offense always seemed to come out of the gates humming, then would totally fizzle after the first couple of drives. He's worth the money for his WR coaching, recruiting and game planning alone.

Advertisement
I think Arroyo is getting a spot on this staff. He and Mario have had too much success together. His 2019 offense busted dudes wide open.

If Mario is telling recruits that an OC will be coming in next week or so, it is likely Arroyo imo

Ive debated this one a lot because Trask was head and shoulders better than Franks.
Was Trask bad in practice that Mullen never considered him over Franks and was it only when Trask got into the game that he popped?
Did he stayed committed to Franks because he was stubborn knowing Trask was better but trying to develop Franks into the next "Dak"?
And even when Trask was playing at an elite level, Mullen would constantly insert Emory Jones in the middle of drives and break rhythm/momentum. He never did that to Franks or Jones. It's like he was never satisfied with the obviously best QB he had and wanted to run something else.

Advertisement
posted this on the Gattis thread:

i am convinced many porsters here are delusional or stupid or both. this is a list of coaches that ARE NOT coming to the U:

1. Ken Dorsey
2. Sean Payton
3. Chud
4. Earl Morrall
5. Brian Hartline
6. Joe Brady
7. Kliff (no last name needed, 'nough said)
8. Gary Stevens
9. Brian Griese
10. Jedd Fisch
11 Scott Frost
12. Art Briles

All yall weak *** OC's **** you too, my choppa gonna make sure all these kids stay home. These mother****ers cant be us or see us. We'll bomb on your *** we do our job, u think u mob Mario & Ruiz the mf mob.
dave-chappelle-lil-jon.gif

Advertisement

i am convinced many porsters here are delusional or stupid or both. this is a list of coaches that ARE NOT coming to the U:

1. Ken Dorsey
2. Sean Payton
3. Chud
4. Earl Morrall
5. Brian Hartline
6. Joe Brady
8. Gary Stevens
9. Brian Griese
10. Jedd Fisch
11 Scott Frost
12. Art Briles
Add

Brian Johnson

Advertisement
You guys need to let go of the Brian Hartline dream. He isn't coming here.
he's also never called an offense so hard pass

we don't need a recruiting OC, we have mario. We need someone who can help us score, that'll attract the top recruits in itself

1. Ken Dorsey
2. Sean Payton
3. Chud
4. Earl Morrall
5. Brian Hartline
6. Joe Brady
8. Gary Stevens
9. Brian Griese
10. Jedd Fisch
11 Scott Frost
12. Art Briles
I agree with all of those except for Scott Frost. Are you HE would not come here? Or that Mario wouldn't hire him due to some of the personal baggage?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back