The Diaz/Baker haters should be glued this weekend

The difference is you're a normal poster. How many threads go off the rails because somebody chimes in with "4th and 17" or "We lost to GT, FIU, and La Tech"? For some they are convinced we will lose and, assuming they are actually fans, the only way forward is to fail completely. Look at how many were actively rooting for us to lose last year so Manny would get fired. These are the types of posters the @OrangeBowlMagic is talking about, not normal people with valid concerns.
I understand. Thank you. You articulated that quite well.

Advertisement
I have a feeling all the defensive critics are going to be a bit stunned on Saturday night. I think our Defense will set the tone, play physical and try their best to force turnovers. I cannot see this team playing two games without bringing out the turnover chain. And once it comes out, it will probably come out more than once since our players feed off of it.

There will still be lots of idiots who say we gave up too many big plays but I think the turnovers will help us win comfortably.

I will be glued to the game because i love my Canes.......

I do not like the defensive scheme we run , way too much off man bail technique while playing zone behind it.......need way more man to man ..

Manny needs to take over the reins on D in order to give us a chance to win.......Baker cannot do this.......

This game will be won by whoever plays better on offense........

Satterfield O vs Diaz D is intriguing but still a edge to Satterfield.......Satts vs Baker is a huge Mis Match and we will get exposed.......
Lashlee against the worst D in the ACC in 2019 is a HUGE Mismatch and they will get exposed. Oh and we have the better QB and RB's. I like our chances.

Advertisement
We’re gonna run for 250. We’ll take our chances in the play action game, but ultimately I think we’ll try to keep them off the field. Good mix of hurry up and sideline checks.

My concern is we got studs let them play. F or the life of me can't understand our propensity in taking our best pass rushers and putting them in coverage. Couple of other items, we blitz from so far out we actually take players out of our scheme,. We blitz but then we bail out on the receivers and they get the pass out quickly, we always get caught on miss directions, and our gap integrity is inconsistent. I thought we recruited corners that specialize on press coverage, but we never man up. It's frustrating,w e have athletes, let them play. I get this feeling that Baker is still coaching like he is still at Tech and has to be cute and exotic ( because he is not getting the studs) instead of letting the kids play. By the way even under Manny, as bad as our offense was, when we needed stops at the end of games on many occasions we didn't get them.

You guys are intoxicated on that Satterfield juice. Old man Rick bent him over a couple years ago, and Manny manhandled him last year. Not exactly Bill Walsh and Don Coryell going house on him. Satterfield is good, but he ain't all that.

Our D has some substantial holes in the throw game. Every time we play a competent passing offense they eat. I expect the same thing against UL. This will be a shootout because our D struggles against competent throw games, and their D is absolute ****. Should be a fun game, but don't get too bent out of shape if we win a 52-48 type of game.
lmfao if we give up 48 points to mother fckin Louisville Kentucky I'll drive down to Miami myself with for sale signs to plant in bakers weed infested yard.

Advertisement
We’re gonna run for 250. We’ll take our chances in the play action game, but ultimately I think we’ll try to keep them off the field. Good mix of hurry up and sideline checks.
Another scenario we have seen play out quite a bit... If our O comes out slow and our inexperienced D makes some early mistakes, we can‘t afford to run 40+ times.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Huge litmus test for the defense this week.

I know this is CIS, so even if we play well on defense and win, we'll still suck....but on Earth, this is a big test for the defense.

Louisville is legit as **** on offense. Against FBS teams, they finished 2019 at #15 in the country in offensive YPP. And they put up 7.75 a play on us last year. This is a very well coached, very talented offense and we're playing in their house.

Will be very interesting to wake up Sunday morning and really digest how well the defense handles them. To me, the magic number is 6.0 YPP. If we hold them under that number, I think it's a win for the defense and I think we have a really good shot to win the ballgame. They were held under that number 4 times last season....Clemson, FSU, Notre Dame, and Kentucky. And aside from Mekhi Becton, they return virtually their entire offense, and now have Braden Smith, who signed originally with Mississippi State out of HS and went to Juco last year. He can play.

Bottom line, this is an explosive offense, as we saw last year, and they're probably even better this year.

Diaz and Baker haters are going to be gloating or eating crow on Sunday.

This is dumb. The haters don't watch Canes games.

Huge litmus test for the defense this week.

I know this is CIS, so even if we play well on defense and win, we'll still suck....but on Earth, this is a big test for the defense.

Louisville is legit as **** on offense. Against FBS teams, they finished 2019 at #15 in the country in offensive YPP. And they put up 7.75 a play on us last year. This is a very well coached, very talented offense and we're playing in their house.

Will be very interesting to wake up Sunday morning and really digest how well the defense handles them. To me, the magic number is 6.0 YPP. If we hold them under that number, I think it's a win for the defense and I think we have a really good shot to win the ballgame. They were held under that number 4 times last season....Clemson, FSU, Notre Dame, and Kentucky. And aside from Mekhi Becton, they return virtually their entire offense, and now have Braden Smith, who signed originally with Mississippi State out of HS and went to Juco last year. He can play.

Bottom line, this is an explosive offense, as we saw last year, and they're probably even better this year.

Diaz and Baker haters are going to be gloating or eating crow on Sunday.
He’s had extra days to prepare. Has never worked in Manny’s favor.

Advertisement
Look at our DB's running all over the place like chickens with their heads cut off, not knowing which routes to cover. (specifically Carter and Frierson) LOL

It's a fvckin' 2x2 formation with tight WR splits/alignments! It's a tell! Shallow crosses is a staple of this formation and we still can't cover it.
Saw that last week vs. UAB too.

y
Embarrassing.
Listen, i made a mistake on Pick but you guys acting like that block in the back of Gurvan Hall didnt make the play are just being disingenuous.
I agree Pick was slow and inconsistent and lazy and Shaq had bad instincts.

y

Listen, i made a mistake on Pick but you guys acting like that block in the back of Gurvan Hall didnt make the play are just being disingenuous.
I agree Pick was slow and inconsistent and lazy and Shaq had bad instincts.
Ok..still embarrassing.

Advertisement
Back