The Diaz/Baker haters should be glued this weekend

Advertisement
I'm pretty sure after Tutu's first gain there will be 4789576356 comments about how we should have recruited him. Good thing the rest of the forum is shut down or there would be 50 threads on it

Is there a shortage on Zoloft that I'm unaware of? Because there's a whole lot of Eeyoring going on in this thread.

We're playing Louisville. LOUISVILLE! How are you going to come out from under the sheets when we play Clemson?

Look at our DB's running all over the place like chickens with their heads cut off, not knowing which routes to cover. (specifically Carter and Frierson) LOL

It's a fvckin' 2x2 formation with tight WR splits/alignments! It's a tell! Shallow crosses is a staple of this formation and we still can't cover it.
Don't EVEN get me started....

Is there a shortage on Zoloft that I'm unaware of? Because there's a whole lot of Eeyoring going on in this thread.

We're playing Louisville. LOUISVILLE! How are you going to come out from under the sheets when we play Clemson?

LOL thread has gone pretty much exactly how I thought. Everybody is terrified and we have the worst coaches on the planet. Clockwork.

Advertisement
Look at our DB's running all over the place like chickens with their heads cut off, not knowing which routes to cover. (specifically Carter and Frierson) LOL

It's a fvckin' 2x2 formation with tight WR splits/alignments! It's a tell! Shallow crosses is a staple of this formation and we still can't cover it.
No seriously.. common sense tells you what to expect

I'm pretty sure after Tutu's first gain there will be 4789576356 comments about how we should have recruited him. Good thing the rest of the forum is shut down or there would be 50 threads on it
We made those comments after he caught 6 balls for 146 on us last year and made our defense look like they were running in quick sand.
And that sentiment remains. We should've recruited him.

y

Listen, i made a mistake on Pick but you guys acting like that block in the back of Gurvan Hall didnt make the play are just being disingenuous.
I agree Pick was slow and inconsistent and lazy and Shaq had bad instincts.
What block in the back dude?
YOu can't ALWAYS be an apologist.

Advertisement

WTH was Frierson doing smh

Advertisement

Clemson rolls around they’ll be going full prison bytch. Makeup on. Booty shorts.

I have a feeling all the defensive critics are going to be a bit stunned on Saturday night. I think our Defense will set the tone, play physical and try their best to force turnovers. I cannot see this team playing two games without bringing out the turnover chain. And once it comes out, it will probably come out more than once since our players feed off of it.

There will still be lots of idiots who say we gave up too many big plays but I think the turnovers will help us win comfortably.
It certainly sets up that way from a psychological point of view. From a coaches perspective the type of game/performance that we are coming off of is ideal. We won and did some positive things but there was plenty for the coaches to harp on. That 1st game was a very typical opening game type of effort vs a squad we were favored over by 2 touchdowns. You had the typical 1st game jitters plus the type of rust you would expect from a team who had practically no spring. Add to that the undeniable reality that this team just is not going to have the level of focus and intensity that fans would demand against a G5 team. That's no disrespect to UAB as they certainly came to play but we can't expect this squad to have the same mental focus that an away game at Louisville will most certainly demand.

We do have some issues in the secondary at CB but we have no way of knowing just how big those issues could be after 1 game vs a 14 or underdog. I would expect a much more focused and inspired effort from the defense as a whole. First we know that the players especially the CBs hear the whispers from fans. They know they are being questioned and that they will be key in the outcome on Saturday. Also in watching the game last Thursday I noticed a certain sluggishness more from the defense as if they didn't quite have their legs under them yet. We have seen this several times in past years and it is not uncommon or unexpected. There is a reason they say that the biggest improvement comes from game 1 to game 2 and this is one of the key factors in that. It generally takes a game or two to truly be back in football game shape.

For this and many other reasons I would expect for the defense to look "faster" when we see them again on Saturday. Playing Louisville on the road is not an easy task especially for the defense but we have an abundance of high character kids on this squad. The Cardinals offense will most certainly present a challenge but let's not pretend we going up against the Kansas City Chiefs here. I fully expect this defense and this team to come to play. While I realize that this game could turn into a Big 12 type 51-48 type shootout, I sincerely think our defense is going to bring it and be much stingier than that. All I care about is getting that W. However I think we have the talent and ability to hold them to under 20. With King's experience and leadership, our 3 headed Monster at RB, the tactical advantage of having 2 NFL caliber TEs, speed at WR and an experienced and competent OC, I like our chances. I really like our chances.

Advertisement
We made those comments after he caught 6 balls for 146 on us last year and made our defense look like they were running in quick sand.
And that sentiment remains. We should've recruited him.
He wanted to come here to play quarterback. Hindsight is always 20/20. And a 3 star.

Marshall Faulk wanted to come here too. But everyone except San Diego State wanted him to play DB.

JJ Watt loved us too. But he started at Central Michigan.

He wanted to come here to play quarterback. Hindsight is always 20/20. And a 3 star.

Marshall Faulk wanted to come here too. But everyone except San Diego State wanted him to play DB.

JJ Watt loved us too. But he started at Central Michigan.
So Louisville could convince him to come in and play WR but we couldn't?

We gotta do better.

And anybody that watched Tutu play in high school didn't need hindsight to know that he was special. He was the most explosive player in the state.

Yup. People don't remember just how bad their D is. I think we might score 50 on them.

This is why this board is so ridiculous and unreasonable. Are we the only team in the country that's allowed to improve? Yes, their defense was bad last season, overall. In the game against us, it was exceptionally poor. But they played 4 more games after our game last year, and 3 of them they weren't a complete joke (The game against Kentucky certainly was, however).

Then they played WKU last weekend, and they weren't bad. I'm not going to sit here and pump sunshine up Louisville's ***...yes, they're not great on defense and I'll be EXTREMELY disappointed if we don't have a really good night on offense. But because of 1 game last season they are the worst defense of all time and we have to score FIFTY points on the road in Game 2 of a new regime with limited practice time? Can it happen? Sure. But it blows my mind how some of y'all think....**** yeah I want 50, but say we win the game 38-31, this board is going to be lit up with "Lashlee sucks" threads because some of you really think we're playing an optimist team Saturday night or something. I don't know who needs to hear this, but the game last season means literally nothing. It's 2 entirely different teams in entirely different years.

Advertisement
Back