The Diaz/Baker haters should be glued this weekend

Huge litmus test for the defense this week.

I know this is CIS, so even if we play well on defense and win, we'll still suck....but on Earth, this is a big test for the defense.

Louisville is legit as **** on offense. Against FBS teams, they finished 2019 at #15 in the country in offensive YPP. And they put up 7.75 a play on us last year. This is a very well coached, very talented offense and we're playing in their house.

Will be very interesting to wake up Sunday morning and really digest how well the defense handles them. To me, the magic number is 6.0 YPP. If we hold them under that number, I think it's a win for the defense and I think we have a really good shot to win the ballgame. They were held under that number 4 times last season....Clemson, FSU, Notre Dame, and Kentucky. And aside from Mekhi Becton, they return virtually their entire offense, and now have Braden Smith, who signed originally with Mississippi State out of HS and went to Juco last year. He can play.

Bottom line, this is an explosive offense, as we saw last year, and they're probably even better this year.

Diaz and Baker haters are going to be gloating or eating crow on Sunday.

Advertisement
I will be glued to the game because i love my Canes.......

I do not like the defensive scheme we run , way too much off man bail technique while playing zone behind it.......need way more man to man ..

Manny needs to take over the reins on D in order to give us a chance to win.......Baker cannot do this.......

This game will be won by whoever plays better on offense........

Satterfield O vs Diaz D is intriguing but still a edge to Satterfield.......Satts vs Baker is a huge Mis Match and we will get exposed.......

If Baker brings those stupid stunts and those ridiculous blitzes from Brooklyn it will be hard to win in their house. We will win if the coaches from the defensive side of the ball Do their homework and put the players in position to make plays. I finally have confidence in the offense.
He is who he is. We will ALWAYS see the stunts and dumb safety blitzes from 30 yards away. It's okay to blitz safeties, but at least have them walk down into the box. Louiseville will gash Bakers defense, but we should be able to put up a good amount of points too. Should be a shootout.

Advertisement
I fully expect Satterfield to outcoach Baker by a wide margin. Satterfield is one of the best in the game and Baker is Baker. That being said we still have a decent defense that can be disruptive.

The real question for me is the whether Lashlee is legit and will give us an edge. It's almost impossible for me to rely on the old "he held something back" having fallen for that again and again. But he showed almost no intermediate passing game, crossing routes, air raid concepts, etc.. last game so either we have them and if we execute it could be a fun season, or we don't, and it will be another slog.

I fully expect Satterfield to outcoach Baker by a wide margin. Satterfield is one of the best in the game and Baker is Baker. That being said we still have a decent defense that can be disruptive.

The real question for me is the whether Lashlee is legit and will give us an edge. It's almost impossible for me to rely on the old "he held something back" having fallen for that again and again. But he showed almost no intermediate passing game, crossing routes, air raid concepts, etc.. last game so either we have them and if we execute it could be a fun season, or we don't, and it will be another slog.
How do you explain last year?

Advertisement
He is who he is. We will ALWAYS see the stunts and dumb safety blitzes from 30 yards away. It's okay to blitz safeties, but at least have them walk down into the box. Louiseville will gash Bakers defense, but we should be able to put up a good amount of points too. Should be a

30 yards...

1600038539227.jpeg

Advertisement
I am very, very confused as to how people think this game is that much different than last year, except we had Jarren Williams and not D'Eriq King at QB.

If it's a boat race, I don't see much cause for concern.
plenty of differences on defense. our lbs are gone. our striker is gone. They may not have been great, but for the most part played sound defense in the middle for us.

Advertisement
plenty of differences on defense. our lbs are gone. our striker is gone. They may not have been great, but for the most part played sound defense in the middle for us.

I'll agree with the matter of the LB's to an extent. Continuity on D in the scheme was important. But let's not act like Shaq and Pinck were some phenomenal backers. The safety play should be much better this year. Starting DT's return. Tandem of Phillips/Roche is probably more talented than Rousseau/Garvin (if not equal).

This year's D should ultimately prove not much better or worse than last year's D.

Now, look at how different the OFFENSE is, and how we played on O last year against them. Based on that, we should hang 100 in this game.

I will be glued to the game because i love my Canes.......

I do not like the defensive scheme we run , way too much off man bail technique while playing zone behind it.......need way more man to man ..

Manny needs to take over the reins on D in order to give us a chance to win.......Baker cannot do this.......

This game will be won by whoever plays better on offense........

Satterfield O vs Diaz D is intriguing but still a edge to Satterfield.......Satts vs Baker is a huge Mis Match and we will get exposed.......
End this thread.

Advertisement
Back