The Diaz/Baker haters should be glued this weekend

I'm not a baker homer , just trying to be a realist here. Our defense dominated them last year. What in the world is the problem people have with baker? is he manny? no but manny is our HC.

if we had a pulse of an offense last year everyone on here wouldn't say a peep about baker.
question : when did coach Diaz stepped in and started to assist the defense : there may be a repeat. I just wish we more more fundamentally sound, and less exotic :

Advertisement
They did have 500 yards and 8 yards per play. Not exactly dominant. Also turned it over 3x and had 125 penalty yards - which the d does get some credit for.

Their O is good - probably the second best we’ll play all season. But their D is likely the second worst we’ll see all year. I’d like to think that if we put up another 3 quarter 50 burger, we aren’t getting beat. But who knows.
No they'll be the Worst! There is a reason they were dead last in the ACC in Defense in 2019. It's because they suck.

Huge litmus test for the defense this week.

I know this is CIS, so even if we play well on defense and win, we'll still suck....but on Earth, this is a big test for the defense.

Louisville is legit as **** on offense. Against FBS teams, they finished 2019 at #15 in the country in offensive YPP. And they put up 7.75 a play on us last year. This is a very well coached, very talented offense and we're playing in their house.

Will be very interesting to wake up Sunday morning and really digest how well the defense handles them. To me, the magic number is 6.0 YPP. If we hold them under that number, I think it's a win for the defense and I think we have a really good shot to win the ballgame. They were held under that number 4 times last season....Clemson, FSU, Notre Dame, and Kentucky. And aside from Mekhi Becton, they return virtually their entire offense, and now have Braden Smith, who signed originally with Mississippi State out of HS and went to Juco last year. He can play.

Bottom line, this is an explosive offense, as we saw last year, and they're probably even better this year.

Diaz and Baker haters are going to be gloating or eating crow on Sunday.
Well, us "baker haters" were glued this past weekend. Can't say that we were surprised by the results of the defense. Are you ready to step into the light, and see the error of your ways?

Advertisement
Well, us "baker haters" were glued this past weekend. Can't say that we were surprised by the results of the defense. Are you ready to step into the light, and see the error of your ways?

The error of holding a Top 20 offense to 6 first half points in their building with the whole country watching, which gave your shiny new, high-powered offense a chance to take the game by the throat and never feel threatened at all in a game we had won 3 out of our last 26 tries? That error? Yep. Firmly in the light.

The error of holding a Top 20 offense to 6 first half points in their building with the whole country watching, which gave your shiny new, high-powered offense a chance to take the game by the throat and never feel threatened at all in a game we had won 3 out of our last 26 tries? That error? Yep. Firmly in the light.
steve harvey smh GIF

Baker had little to no part in what our defense accomplished. There were a few plays where we made tackles by the shoelaces that saved huge gains and touchdowns and first downs in important situations. I attribute those plays to playmakers being playmakers, not coaching. Stats and scores are all well and good, but Baker still has a habit of dumb blitzes at dumb times and putting Bolden on Atwell...wtf?! I trust Diaz playcalling this defense...Not Baker.

Advertisement
Baker had little to no part in what our defense accomplished. There were a few plays where we made tackles by the shoelaces that saved huge gains and touchdowns and first downs in important situations. I attribute those plays to playmakers being playmakers, not coaching. Stats and scores are all well and good, but Baker still has a habit of dumb blitzes at dumb times and putting Bolden on Atwell...wtf?! I trust Diaz playcalling this defense...Not Baker.

You just can't say that the defensive coordinator had no part in what the defense accomplished. It just doesn't make sense. Blaming someone for everything that goes wrong, but giving no credit for anything that goes well...

I get that that Baker has become the piñata of this fan base, but at least keep your reproval of him evenhanded.

You just can't say that the defensive coordinator had no part in what the defense accomplished. It just doesn't make sense. Blaming someone for everything that goes wrong, but giving no credit for anything that goes well...

I get that that Baker has become the piñata of this fan base, but at least keep your reproval of him evenhanded.
487 yards and 3 shoestring tackles from a one possession game. Baker did great. Bakers scheme lined up Bolden on Tutu as a mismatch in their favor leading to multiple big plays and a score. Good job not adjusting Blake. Come to think if it..he didn't coach THAT bad of a game, the players just have to be better.

Some of you dudes act like Manny invented defense here. That Doritos **** was a very rare blip on the radar here. We killed motherfckers on D since the 80s with the exception of a few years under Booch and the Folden Error. Manny's done a pretty good job with the defense here, but it's not like this program never played much better D.
Thank you.

after the **** we endured with Dorito, ANYTHING attack style was going to be better. I still wanted to be fundamentally sound up the middle and at the backend, even with the pressure, though.

That’s why I laughing preseason at all of these Greentree superstar fans talking about how dominant the DL would be just because of the ends. We are still a great DT away and light in the linebacking core...sucks, but it’s a fact.

I am glad that the offense seems to be gelling early, there was no way the defense was even going to match last year, much less the past when we had dominant DTs.

oh, and since I know it is coming, yes...Nesta has improved.

One of my favorite parts of these nonsense discussions is how the XBox champs somehow always make it seem like our coaches are the only ones on the field and the other team/their staff is just a bunch of mutants going through the motions like it’s their first day at a coaching clinic.

“BaKEr PuT BolDEn oN TutU!!!”

Yes, there were times where our defensive players were in adverse matchups. But isn’t that what Louisville pays Satterfield for?? Are people really this dense? I can’t accept that. It’s like Miami coaches are the only ones who get paid. The rest of the country has to use Pro Bowl rules. No blitzing, no motion, just vanilla and we get to do what we want. Makes no sense to me. That team is a pretty good offensive team. One of the 3 or so best we’ll see all season. We were winning 20-6 at halftime. It was 40-20 with less than 10 minutes to go in the game. They were NEVER really in the football game after the late first quarter. We lost to ******* FIU last year. And you’re still crying???

Advertisement
487 yards and 3 shoestring tackles from a one possession game. Baker did great. Bakers scheme lined up Bolden on Tutu as a mismatch in their favor leading to multiple big plays and a score. Good job not adjusting Blake. Come to think if it..he didn't coach THAT bad of a game, the players just have to be better.

Last season LSU gave the following totals to these offenses:

614 yards and 37 points to Ole Miss--#82 scoring offense
530 yards and 38 points to Texas--#17 scoring offense
457 yards and 28 points to Florida--#28 scoring offense
374 yards and 38 points to Vanderbilt--#125 scoring offense

Who, in your opinion, has the better players and program overall? Can you imagine those numbers without their fair share of shoe string tackles?

The D plays with intensity on the rewatch and they looked more comfortable from game 1 to 2.

[]__[] still have mental lapses, and seem a step away from making the play before and after the throw on either end.

Hopefully we can lock in and continue the improvement this weekend going into the bye week before Clemson.

Last season LSU gave the following totals to these offenses:

614 yards and 37 points to Ole Miss--#82 scoring offense
530 yards and 38 points to Texas--#17 scoring offense
457 yards and 28 points to Florida--#28 scoring offense
374 yards and 38 points to Vanderbilt--#125 scoring offense

Who, in your opinion, has the better players and program overall? Can you imagine those numbers without their fair share of shoe string tackles?
Reading comprehension must not be your strong suit.

Advertisement
Reading comprehension must not be your strong suit.

Brilliant and expected retort when presented with facts showing even average offenses are getting more and more difficult to stop.

Go back to your moping now doofus.

“Their defense is going to have to grow up…They have some pieces, but man they need to get more disciplined and a little more locked in on that side of the ball and I think they showed some concerns,” Herbstreit said on the ESPN College Football Podcast.

Advertisement
Back