The Book Is Out

Our offense is slowly losing tempo and spacing, less motion and more bunched formations. The TE is invisible. No vertical threat. No screen plays or stretch plays to get our athletic OL moving outside and up field.

This is on Mario imo. He’s been breathing down Dawson’s neck once we got into conference play. Let’s revert back to the 80’s and 90’s and play smash mouth fizical football baby.

Cocaine Kiffin would be 8-0 with this team. Trounced GT by 25. Currently 7-1 in the SEC. Recruiting class is in a similar ballpark plus he’d get a slight Miami bump.

View attachment 263430
What TE are they going to throw it too? McCormick is a blocker and Orroyo hobbled off again yesterday. I’ll give Dawson a pass on not integrating many TE throws so far. He’s got nothing to work with.
They need to keep getting creative with Brashard motioning around and more touches. I’d see more of that than trying to force a TE passing game that doesn’t have the skill or health to succeed.

Advertisement
obviously TVD is playing poorly

but also, our offense completely caught A&M off guard, we're now 8 games in the season

historically, all teams tend to dip in both YPP and PPG as the season wears on (not including one off scenarios). It's not the sole reason, but for anyone saying "the book is out"... it most certainly is, the playbook is out there and teams are hip to our schematic tendencies and TVD's tendencies

TVD clearly the main issue at the moment, but outside of that A&M game I haven’t been impressed very much with Dawson either. Seems like each week we’re seeing less creativity and little to compensate/help his struggling qb other than reverting to bro bully ball.

I have to agree with you…this offense is like watching paint dry…..there’s no excitement from the players cause there’s very few big plays to bring excitement. Most passes are WR screens or short passes to X.Every once and a while there’s a completion to One of the Colbies that if it’s completed brings a little excitement but other than that this O is boring as fck.

It’s got to be Mario cause this looks nothing like the offense Dawson ran before he got here and I’m not sure he stays if Mario is going to tie his hands….we can blame it all on TVD and he deserves alot of it but it seems he always plays better with tempo and we are in this run to the line,stare at the sideline for 30 seconds and snap the ball with 2 seconds on the clock crap.Same as last year.

Coincidence? I think not.

I’m starting suspect Dawson and Mario would prefer to limit how many times TVD throws..

And that’s why it feels like they are forcing the run at times.. they don’t trust dude..
Exactly right. That’s why they played for overtime. They figured better to run for a TD from 25 yards out than risk an interception with TVD. Probably also figured FGs in OT are no problem with Borregales and the defense will be able to stop them.

In this case it worked out for the win. But the point stands: they don’t trust TVD.

If the O line continues to perform we win. defenses playing us to run still can’t stop the constant pounding. Yesterday we still found a way to win just like the tech game. Take the knee or don’t fumble this is a one loss team. Ugly to some but it’s still about the W. Yes I too would like to see us win in a more excitin* fashion with bombs and nuclear plays. TVD nolonger Has the tools. Despite his lack of focus and execution we still won. To me that’s a positive.

Advertisement
We have been so beat up at RB that we can't even force the run.

Parrish wasn't asked to run but played a bunch in Pass Pro.
AJ was great until hurt.
Fletcher in game one back was already asked to do a lot considering he is a TF with limited snaps.
Chaney was out this week.
Citizen didn't play.
CJ is 170.

If we truly can get Parrish, Chaney, Fletcher, and Citizen to 100%, we sure as heck can force the run. This could force the D to play more man allowing TVD to play to his strength.

It’s a sec team with a booster base willing to spend and a loyal fanbase.
If he can’t land the recruits or entice great position and coordinator then that’s also a flaw and a pretty large one.
He should be an oc and that’s it.
He also hates it there.

Mario is a version of himself.
A dude who took a 4-8 team and made them conference champions and nationally ranked and was about to have a ridiculous recruiting class until Mas was on line one.

If you can’t see improvement over the past 2 years then idk what to tell you.
Just because we’re frustrated over the offensive performance doesn’t mean we’re not better than last year.

Last years team would be a 2 win team rk. Forget 4-4 we would be 2-6 with wins over temple and Bethune.
Never said there wasnt improvement.. Mario drop the bar soooo low last year there was no choice but to be better. We are still the same as any other team the last decade.. If you put his record against Manny first 2 years, I am sure they would be the same or worst. We are same thing, we are in overtime death struggles with 2 win UVA.. I LOVE IT!!!!

imho tvd was playing injured, had 75% of his normal zip on the ball, which cascaded into his decision making. contrary to owning the ******/labia label, he's always tried to play hurt as was very obvious last season. as such, i think his ****** performance is more on mario/dawson who should have never let him play yesterday. if he's not 90%+ healthy next week, you have to sit him.

Advertisement
Never said there wasnt improvement.. Mario drop the bar soooo low last year there was no choice but to be better. We are still the same as any other team the last decade.. If you put his record against Manny first 2 years, I am sure they would be the same or worst. We are same thing, we are in overtime death struggles with 2 win UVA.. I LOVE IT!!!!
There is no way we’re the same thing.
Regardless of what you want to think of Clemson.
Holding them to 31 total yards of running is a **** ridiculous stat. Not to mention they actually have a qb that can run.

Have you seen how much time tvd has had to throw?
I haven’t seen that sht since 2013.
Have you seen our line backer and safety okay? What about our run game?

Not the same sht my man.

What we are the same thing at is not being able to find a draftable qb.
If a Riley Leonard was on this team would be an offensive problem for other teams.

What happened to tvd is gonna go be talked about for years.

The Offense the way it is now has worked against bad teams.

It will not work against FSU or LVille...

TBH, the Boston College game is gonna be a lot more of tough matchup than most might’ve thought at the beginning of the season.

To me it’s pretty clear DVD has a hand injury that has really effected how far he can throw the ball. That first pick was under thrown by 10 yards. On top of that we did not even attempt a deep ball like we did with Emory the week before. There just no velocity there on anything over 25 yards. And btw, on the first pick 0 was ridiculous wide open on the check down. Easy 20 yard gain if he recognizes his limitations right now. He absolutely has to just hit that check down going forward.

P
There is no way we’re the same thing.
Regardless of what you want to think of Clemson.
Holding them to 31 total yards of running is a **** ridiculous stat. Not to mention they actually have a qb that can run.

Have you seen how much time tvd has had to throw?
I haven’t seen that sht since 2013.
Have you seen our line backer and safety okay? What about our run game?

Not the same sht my man.

What we are the same thing at is not being able to find a draftable qb.
If a Riley Leonard was on this team would be an offensive problem for other teams.

What happened to tvd is gonna go be talked about for years.
Pull up the records for both, I doubt it would be that much different. I go to games, was there yesterday. Had fun with kids and all thanks to some tickets on this very site.. Team still in death struggle with ACC dreg.. Maybe I go to different games than you see..

Pull up the records

Advertisement
Teams know the way to stop our offense is to drop back into zone and give us everything underneath. They bank on us making mistakes or growing impatient and forcing the issue down the field — see what TVD yesterday.

It’s not fun or easy to put together 10+ play drives and have to go the length of the field to score, but until we prove that we can do that consistently and not shoot ourselves in the foot, I expect teams to follow the UVA and GT playbook.

Going forward, our game plan should be simple: continue to run the ball and take your 5 yard outs and hitches to make the defense bring those safeties and corners up. Then, and only then, will we be able to air it out deep. UVA was giving George and Young an insane cushion and we just refused to stay patient enough to force them to adjust.

It’s not going to be the exciting offense most on this board are clamoring for, but it’s obvious we struggle with zone because TVD is a head case. Dawson needs to emphasize our cover 2/3/4 zone beaters and tell Tyler we don’t need it all on one play. Teams want him to get irritated and take risks; don’t fall for the trap. Take what they give you and we will win. Let the OL set the tone and let’s kick NC State’s ***.

Everyone needs to get mentally ready for the likelihood of a three-game slide. I take no pleasure in saying that; however, our next three opponents are going to expose this team and strike a highlighter marker through all of our flaws. Just being prepared for the sad and mopey days ahead so it stings slightly less.

Our fetish with running the ball on nearly every first down certainly isnt helping. Our running game is regularly running into 9 man fronts. Our passing plays occur primarily on traditional passing downs. The few times we pass on first down is when we're beyond our own 40 yard line. Just too much simplicity in our play calling (not the plays themselves but when we call them). Teams now have sufficient film on this.

We've had so many crappy offensive coordinators that we craved someone competent. Dawson is certainly competent. What we need to see from him now is some creativity, not just in play design but tendency-breaking play calling as well.

We are WAYYYYY too predictable on 1st Down and the defense isn’t playing honest at all. There are players rushing into the run lanes before the ball is even snapped and the secondary just plays prevent.

We could ROAST these teams with just a little more patience, creativity and quick passes on 1st down.

Advertisement
P

Pull up the records for both, I doubt it would be that much different. I go to games, was there yesterday. Had fun with kids and all thanks to some tickets on this very site.. Team still in death struggle with ACC dreg.. Maybe I go to different games than you see..

Pull up the records
I’ve been to almost every home game since 2016.
It’s not the same.
I’d rather beat these teams the way we are doing it now than a yards contest with Toledo or Syracuse.
Were those games more exciting? Watching Kayaa and Rossier Go toe to toe with Trubisky and whoever else the acc trotted out there? Scoring 37 while allowing 32?

The foundation we are building is way better than those teams.

Will it pan out?
Will you be calling me out next year of there is no improvement.
Maybe, maybe not.
But if you don’t think we are a quality qb away from being a top tier team then we will disagree and that’s fine.

I’ve been to almost every home game since 2016.
It’s not the same.
I’d rather beat these teams the way we are doing it now than a yards contest with Toledo or Syracuse.
Were those games more exciting? Watching Kayaa and Rossier Go toe to toe with Trubisky and whoever else the acc trotted out there? Scoring 37 while allowing 32?

The foundation we are building is way better than those teams.

Will it pan out?
Will you be calling me out next year of there is no improvement.
Maybe, maybe not.
But if you don’t think we are a quality qb away from being a top tier team then we will disagree and that’s fine.
Wait so now we are a quality qb away?! Mario INHERITED a quality QB and has torpedoed that ASAP! It was soo bad he had to renege on his hand pick guys and fire basically everyone. Before Mario got here EVERYONE LOVED TVD, We have post on here that whole offseason who said he was better than Caleb Williams and everything..

Mario gets more rope than anyone, he can come in, inherit a quality young QB, destroy him and then be said he needs a quality qb before anything, I LOVE THIS!!!!

This is amazing, Mario really is the one.

Wait so now we are a quality qb away?! Mario INHERITED a quality QB and has torpedoed that ASAP! It was soo bad he had to reneg on his hand pick guys and fire basically everyone. Before Mario got here EVERYONE LOVED TVD, We have post on here that whole offseason who said he was better than Caleb Williams and everything..

Mario gets more rope than anyone, he can come in, inherit a quality young QB, destroy him and then be said he needs a quality qb before anything, I LOVE THIS!!!!

This is amazing, Mario really is the one.

Ok fine you win.
Tvd was a top 5 pick. He’s been mister consistency prior to Mario.

Mario is finally gonna kill this team.
Kiffin would’ve had us in the playoffs this year.

Advertisement
Back