The Book Is Out

TVD was dog **** yesterday, we all know it, he knows it, coaches know it. not much more to say about it

but if we're being this critical, he did finish the game 6/7 (only incompletion was a bad drop by Mccormick that might have extended the drive) for 43 yards when we needed it most - down 3 with approx. 4 minutes left from our own 30

first down to parrish (scramble play)

first down curl to colbie young

legit NFL throw to restrepo to get us a first down and in field goal position

Mccormick catches that 8 yard inn we probably extend the drive and have a shot in the redzone for a TD in regulation

Advertisement
I agree with his performance being great. I never hated on him and I’m not sure what “cape for Mario” means but I’m not doing it. I simply think that Miami is not the dream job a lot of people make it out to be.
The "cape for mario" wasnt directed at you per se. More in general, should have clarified that. If mario was doing what kiffin is, he would walk on water, if dude gets multiple 10 win seasons at ole miss.. that is incredible, meanwhile we losing games we already won.

Honestly (and this will be quite a hot take, I get it)…his recruiting is very close when you consider all aspects.

He’s got the #21 class right now with four less kids than us, and less than a point difference when you analyze the rating per recruit. They have four top 200 players committed, we have six. They also have two top 10 JUCO players committed at their respective positions, but we have way more top 200-300 players.

They also brought in the #3 portal class in America, particularly helping his defense out (which used to be a major criticism). He uses the portal as well as anyone. He’s trying to reload each year, while we build from the ground up.

Again, coming to Miami with $$$ to back him, I think we’d see a yearly top 15 class + top 5 portal + offensive explosion against weak ACC teams.

But, this ship is gone. I pray that Mario has learned from his countless mistakes against teams we are favored by three scores against, and yet I’m the fool that expects anything other than what we witnessed against GT, Clemson and UVA.
He wouldn't have had money to back him - the Colombus Mafia wasn't going to fund Lane Kiffin's cocaine habit.

Let's see where the recruiting classes finish - I don't think it'll be close, as it wasn't last year.

The "cape for mario" wasnt directed at you per se. More in general, should have clarified that. If mario was doing what kiffin is, he would walk on water, if dude gets multiple 10 win seasons at ole miss.. that is incredible, meanwhile we losing games we already won.
So why aren’t elite recruits lining up to go to ole miss.
No sarcasm, that’s a serious question.
Everyone has been hyping up kiffin for years and where are the results?
He’s ole miss’ version of cmr.
Eventually there gonna call him “10 win Lane”

Advertisement
why would they call him 10 win lane?

because of 2021?

1698597413259.png

lane kiffin **** on this board is so dumb

1) he was never interested

2) we were never interested

so comparing Mario to lane is just moronic

ITS. FREAKIN. OLE MISS.

And what is Mario a version of?? Guy who snatches losses out of the jaws of victory, cmon man this is ridiculous

This dude has been a starter for three years and now D coordinators are figuring him out. This **** seems mental to me.

Advertisement
Because he’s locking on to his high reads, which the defense is taking away.

He knows his draft stock is plummeting and he’s forcing the ball down the field to compensate. He is assuming pro scouts don’t want to see him checking the ball down all night. The solution is to take what the defense is giving him, and eventually, you will see guys getting open deep. We just gotta preach patience.
And there needs to be a consequence for impatience. If he can’t do what is being asked of him, we can use someone who will.

We've had 12 turnovers in the last four games, and are 2-2. (Should be 3-1 with 11 turnovers).

And it's not just TVD as there are plenty of fumbles in there.

This is not news, but that's the difference between this team being what it is, and being a playoff team.

why would they call him 10 win lane?

because of 2021?

View attachment 263448

lane kiffin **** on this board is so dumb

1) he was never interested

2) we were never interested

so comparing Mario to lane is just moronic
I’m being a little sarcastic.
I never wanted him here as head coach.
The way people talk about his offenses make it sound like he’s winning 10 games every year.
We still have people posting about why he should’ve been the dude we hired as head coach.
He’s a great oc and that’s it imo.

Advertisement
Wait, I'm losing track, whose fault is it? Mario purposely telling Dawson to slow it down because he likes the bro style more, despite things working well after the first month and getting the attention of the top offensive recruits? Dawson forgetting how to coach?

Surely it can't be that the QB has tunnel vision and lost all his confidence right? And yall want them to speed the game up even more and run 90 plays a game like this **** is Madden :pgdead:

I sent my buddy this post (he is not on the board) and his response was insightful:

“Super interesting. But if that’s the case Dawsons movement in the first few games including A&M works because it moves the safeties up. Putting Brashard in motion and running circle routes. Using the TE in the middle. Those work against the deep defense and we have not run those plays the last many games. I’m no offensive genius but that’s pretty obvious no?”

TAMU loaded the box and gave us 1on1 downfield and we crushed it.

Since then, teams have been playing more zone, whether straight up or disguised and TVD is struggling. Him locking into X on option routes makes complete sense now.

You can fix mechanics or you can draw up different plays, and see immediate results.

Reading/processing improvements take time because it’s more mental.

For this team to win this year it will need to lean on the run game and be patient enough to let us make long drives.

If TVD is still starting and needs to pass, we need to work with wrs more so they understand how to run those zone routes better. It appears we have some flood concepts but spacing by wrs looks way off. They run their routes like they are 1 on 1 and they usually end up grouped together too much.

We can still many of the games coming up, but we need to do better job of protecting ourselves against TVDs weaknesses.

I also would be in favor of Emory, if only to see exactly how much money we need to throw at portal qb as I see a possible 2-3 year starter in him. If nothing else, he does seem to have an infectious personality that his teammates respond to. I think that is being overlooked right now.
Haven't been at the games, or even seen All-22, but this could be a legit. point. Even on the horrific underthrow to Restrepo that was picked, if DVD lays it out there perfectly Restrepo likely/surely comes close to running into another receiver's route (with another DB there). While DVD clearly appears to be the primary problem, I don't think he's the only one.

Advertisement
ITS. FREAKIN. OLE MISS.

And what is Mario a version of?? Guy who snatches losses out of the jaws of victory, cmon man this is ridiculous
It’s a sec team with a booster base willing to spend and a loyal fanbase.
If he can’t land the recruits or entice great position and coordinator then that’s also a flaw and a pretty large one.
He should be an oc and that’s it.
He also hates it there.

Mario is a version of himself.
A dude who took a 4-8 team and made them conference champions and nationally ranked and was about to have a ridiculous recruiting class until Mas was on line one.

If you can’t see improvement over the past 2 years then idk what to tell you.
Just because we’re frustrated over the offensive performance doesn’t mean we’re not better than last year.

Last years team would be a 2 win team rk. Forget 4-4 we would be 2-6 with wins over temple and Bethune.

TVD looks confused like he's taking an advanced calculus test sitting in the pocket. Until further notice the game plan should be to get the ball out of his hands as quickly as possible in the pass game with occasional 1 on 1 deep shots if they're there.

Right. It’s not that people necessarily want an “exciting” offense. I want one that looks under command and drives the field and scores…

That could be 1 play or 20 plays, but right now we look slow, and confused vs in command.

Teams know the way to stop our offense is to drop back into zone and give us everything underneath. They bank on us making mistakes or growing impatient and forcing the issue down the field — see what TVD yesterday.

It’s not fun or easy to put together 10+ play drives and have to go the length of the field to score, but until we prove that we can do that consistently and not shoot ourselves in the foot, I expect teams to follow the UVA and GT playbook.

Going forward, our game plan should be simple: continue to run the ball and take your 5 yard outs and hitches to make the defense bring those safeties and corners up. Then, and only then, will we be able to air it out deep. UVA was giving George and Young an insane cushion and we just refused to stay patient enough to force them to adjust.

It’s not going to be the exciting offense most on this board are clamoring for, but it’s obvious we struggle with zone because TVD is a head case. Dawson needs to emphasize our cover 2/3/4 zone beaters and tell Tyler we don’t need it all on one play. Teams want him to get irritated and take risks; don’t fall for the trap. Take what they give you and we will win. Let the OL set the tone and let’s kick NC State’s ***.
I personally would love to see several 10+ play drives that end in TDs against FSU, and NCST. It keeps their O off the field and wears them down. Keeps our D fresh. I believe we can run the ball down their throats, and we should, until they come up to stop the run. Even then, I believe we can run it down their throats. Take what they give, be patient, then take our shots after they are tired of getting run over.

Advertisement
Back