The Book Is Out

Don’t we have this massive and athletic offensive line filled with dudes who can pull all over the field in the run game?

If so, would it be possible to run one (1) screen to help get a player who can run fast in space with big humans in front of him?
Is a simple wheel route out of the question?

TE U my A$$

Advertisement
Our offense is slowly losing tempo and spacing, less motion and more bunched formations. The TE is invisible. No vertical threat. No screen plays or stretch plays to get our athletic OL moving outside and up field.

This is on Mario imo. He’s been breathing down Dawson’s neck once we got into conference play. Let’s revert back to the 80’s and 90’s and play smash mouth fizical football baby.

Cocaine Kiffin would be 8-0 with this team. Trounced GT by 25. Currently 7-1 in the SEC. Recruiting class is in a similar ballpark plus he’d get a slight Miami bump.
I agree with all of the above except the “Miami bump”. Kiffin is in the SEC and that program has $$$$ and isn’t afraid to spend it. Unlike Miami

Advertisement
Our offense is slowly losing tempo and spacing, less motion and more bunched formations. The TE is invisible. No vertical threat. No screen plays or stretch plays to get our athletic OL moving outside and up field.

This is on Mario imo. He’s been breathing down Dawson’s neck once we got into conference play. Let’s revert back to the 80’s and 90’s and play smash mouth fizical football baby.

Cocaine Kiffin would be 8-0 with this team. Trounced GT by 25. Currently 7-1 in the SEC. Recruiting class is in a similar ballpark plus he’d get a slight Miami bump.

View attachment 263430
Can turn on the film and show motion plays, TEs open and not throw to. And guys spread out it if you watched this game and still wrote that there is nothing you could even see with your own eyes that would convince you otherwise.

We are going tight to give us numbers in the run game.

We aren’t seeing as many deep shots because teams and backing off and daring up to be patient.

Teams are dropping 8 cuz they know even with all day to throw TVD might make a mistake.

But I get it you wanted Lane Kiffin.

I agree with all of the above except the “Miami bump”. Kiffin is in the SEC and that program has $$$$ and isn’t afraid to spend it. Unlike Miami
Honestly (and this will be quite a hot take, I get it)…his recruiting is very close when you consider all aspects.

He’s got the #21 class right now with four less kids than us, and less than a point difference when you analyze the rating per recruit. They have four top 200 players committed, we have six. They also have two top 10 JUCO players committed at their respective positions, but we have way more top 200-300 players.

They also brought in the #3 portal class in America, particularly helping his defense out (which used to be a major criticism). He uses the portal as well as anyone. He’s trying to reload each year, while we build from the ground up.

Again, coming to Miami with $$$ to back him, I think we’d see a yearly top 15 class + top 5 portal + offensive explosion against weak ACC teams.

But, this ship is gone. I pray that Mario has learned from his countless mistakes against teams we are favored by three scores against, and yet I’m the fool that expects anything other than what we witnessed against GT, Clemson and UVA.

So is that going to stop TVD from throwing INTs and increase his ability how to read a defense?
No, these guys are making stuff up. It's not like Dawson all of a sudden changed his offense. He is working with different material than he did against A&M and having to adjust. I'm just happy while he is adjusting we still won theast two games.

Last edited:
Advertisement
That’s the most baffling thing to me. We have tunnel and bubble screens, but we rarely run anything out of the backfield to our RBs.
For a team that basically is now completely reliant on our RBs and a program whose one consistency throughout even the leanest of years has usually been a good to great RB room, we are seemingly VERY unimaginative with how to use them to the max potential. And this pre-dates the current coaching staff and imo is still applicable even when the RBs ARE being used effectively....but generically.

Can turn on the film and show motion plays, TEs open and not throw to. And guys spread out it if you watched this game and still wrote that there is nothing you could even see with your own eyes that would convince you otherwise.

We are going tight to give us numbers in the run game.

We aren’t seeing as many deep shots because teams and backing off and daring up to be patient.

Teams are dropping 8 cuz they know even with all day to throw TVD might make a mistake.

But I get it you wanted Lane Kiffin.
For us, I get this.

But how does Ole Miss consistently run all over teams with a trench disadvantage?

Scheme matters more than talent.

Advertisement
our run game and defense can win us the next four games if we limit turnovers

i suspect TVD to be way more conservative after this game and not light it up like A&M but play temple-like the rest of the year, dink and dunk and grind games out

we'll be fine
Nah we not winning fourth straight with the way our qb is playing. We are asking way too much from the defense to carry us.

No, these guys are naming stuff up. It's not like Dawson all of a sudden changed his offense. He is working with different material than he did against A&M and having to adjust. I'm just happy while he is adjusting we still won theast two games.
TVD thrives against man coverage. That’s what A&M did against us. Teams watched that tape and knew they had do to do something different.

Advertisement
our run game and defense can win us the next four games if we limit turnovers

i suspect TVD to be way more conservative after this game and not light it up like A&M but play temple-like the rest of the year, dink and dunk and grind games out

we'll be fine
Our run game and defense can win us the next 4 games????......Lol

For a team that basically is now completely reliant on our RBs and a program whose one consistency throughout even the leanest of years has usually been a good to great RB room, we are seemingly VERY unimaginative with how to use them to the max potential. And this pre-dates the current coaching staff and imo is still applicable even when the RBs ARE being used effectively....but generically.
Enos was the last OC I can remember dialing up some slip screens to the RBs — probably the only thing he did that I liked. Deejay Dallas feasted on those in 2019

Don’t we have this massive and athletic offensive line filled with dudes who can pull all over the field in the run game?

If so, would it be possible to run one (1) screen to help get a player who can run fast in space with big humans in front of him?
W/ Emery DAW GAWD QB...

yes.

Advertisement
Back