The Book Is Out

Maybe not the FSU game, but if TVD takes what the defense is giving him, we should be able to win the other 3.
Yeah! I'm the biggest cane homer! And Travis feasts on what is our Biggest flaw on defense coverage if he gets away from Lt56, 44nightmares, jhh,...etc! They will be tough to beat we gotta tackle him the first time!!

Advertisement
Teams know the way to stop our offense is to drop back into zone and give us everything underneath. They bank on us making mistakes or growing impatient and forcing the issue down the field — see what TVD yesterday.

It’s not fun or easy to put together 10+ play drives and have to go the length of the field to score, but until we prove that we can do that consistently and not shoot ourselves in the foot, I expect teams to follow the UVA and GT playbook.

Going forward, our game plan should be simple: continue to run the ball and take your 5 yard outs and hitches to make the defense bring those safeties and corners up. Then, and only then, will we be able to air it out deep. UVA was giving George and Young an insane cushion and we just refused to stay patient enough to force them to adjust.

It’s not going to be the exciting offense most on this board are clamoring for, but it’s obvious we struggle with zone because TVD is a head case. Dawson needs to emphasize our cover 2/3/4 zone beaters and tell Tyler we don’t need it all on one play. Teams want him to get irritated and take risks; don’t fall for the trap. Take what they give you and we will win. Let the OL set the tone and let’s kick NC State’s ***.

You mind handing this post to Dawson, Mario and TVD please?

Why Dawson doesn’t adjust to how defenses are playing us/TVD is maddening

ITS. FREAKIN. OLE MISS.

And what is Mario a version of?? Guy who snatches losses out of the jaws of victory, cmon man this is ridiculous
You're not gonna this war against Mario! Not, in year 2 especially with the development we see, talent acquisition and it seems a willingness to fix issues quickly! (Off-season).

Advertisement
I’m starting suspect Dawson and Mario would prefer to limit how many times TVD throws..

And that’s why it feels like they are forcing the run at times.. they don’t trust dude..
they practice all week and go into each contest with a plan, but things happen in football and sometimes you have to manage the game.

good teams find a way to win and, with the exception of a very poor decision at the end of one game, our coaches have done a great job of putting our guys in a position to succeed.

He's been pressing, but I'm sure they want Tyler to play freely.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back