The Book Is Out

Advertisement
We scored 10 points in the second half against Clemson. That game plan against our remaining schedule and we go 1-3.
That was against the best defense we faced all year. You rather have one eye Willie throwing interceptions all over the place? What other option we got roll out Brashard in the wildcat?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Our offense is slowly losing tempo and spacing, less motion and more bunched formations. The TE is invisible. No vertical threat. No screen plays or stretch plays to get our athletic OL moving outside and up field.

This is on Mario imo. He’s been breathing down Dawson’s neck once we got into conference play. Let’s revert back to the 80’s and 90’s and play smash mouth fizical football baby.

Cocaine Kiffin would be 8-0 with this team. Trounced GT by 25. Currently 7-1 in the SEC. Recruiting class is in a similar ballpark plus he’d get a slight Miami bump.

View attachment 263430
Dawson is running the show. Stop.

Advertisement
Our fetish with running the ball on nearly every first down certainly isnt helping. Our running game is regularly running into 9 man fronts. Our passing plays occur primarily on traditional passing downs. The few times we pass on first down is when we're beyond our own 40 yard line. Just too much simplicity in our play calling (not the plays themselves but when we call them). Teams now have sufficient film on this.

We've had so many crappy offensive coordinators that we craved someone competent. Dawson is certainly competent. What we need to see from him now is some creativity, not just in play design but tendency-breaking play calling as well.

TAMU loaded the box and gave us 1on1 downfield and we crushed it.

Since then, teams have been playing more zone, whether straight up or disguised and TVD is struggling. Him locking into X on option routes makes complete sense now.

You can fix mechanics or you can draw up different plays, and see immediate results.

Reading/processing improvements take time because it’s more mental.

For this team to win this year it will need to lean on the run game and be patient enough to let us make long drives.

If TVD is still starting and needs to pass, we need to work with wrs more so they understand how to run those zone routes better. It appears we have some flood concepts but spacing by wrs looks way off. They run their routes like they are 1 on 1 and they usually end up grouped together too much.

We can still many of the games coming up, but we need to do better job of protecting ourselves against TVDs weaknesses.

I also would be in favor of Emory, if only to see exactly how much money we need to throw at portal qb as I see a possible 2-3 year starter in him. If nothing else, he does seem to have an infectious personality that his teammates respond to. I think that is being overlooked right now.

Advertisement
If you’re banking on this defense limiting fsu to less than 24 points and tvd being ready for a night game at doak, I got beach front property in Nebraska to sell you.

Dude can’t even handle a home game against gt or uva.

TVD has a severe allergy to zone defenses and everybody has figured it out.
Gt faked press and dropped back before the snap.
For some reason it gives him the shakes the jitters and amnesia.
The dude is literally trying to make the most difficult throw on the field.
Everyone in the stands has been seeing it.
It’s one thing to miss the open dude every once in a while.
But ever since last year tvd has been missing wide open dudes in n a regular basis and forcing throws into some really bad spots.

Again, that’s not an injury problem. That’s a brain housing group issue.
Dude better be at the sports psych office first thing tomorrow morning.

Teams know the way to stop our offense is to drop back into zone and give us everything underneath. They bank on us making mistakes or growing impatient and forcing the issue down the field — see what TVD yesterday.

It’s not fun or easy to put together 10+ play drives and have to go the length of the field to score, but until we prove that we can do that consistently and not shoot ourselves in the foot, I expect teams to follow the UVA and GT playbook.

Going forward, our game plan should be simple: continue to run the ball and take your 5 yard outs and hitches to make the defense bring those safeties and corners up. Then, and only then, will we be able to air it out deep. UVA was giving George and Young an insane cushion and we just refused to stay patient enough to force them to adjust.

It’s not going to be the exciting offense most on this board are clamoring for, but it’s obvious we struggle with zone because TVD is a head case. Dawson needs to emphasize our cover 2/3/4 zone beaters and tell Tyler we don’t need it all on one play. Teams want him to get irritated and take risks; don’t fall for the trap. Take what they give you and we will win. Let the OL set the tone and let’s kick NC State’s ***.

Agreed. Flats, TE and RB out of the backfield open all game.

Wish arroyo could stay healthy cause this is when he would feast.

It’s pretty simple and Miami wins if they just don’t turn the ball over. How phucking hard is that for TVD to understand. If he can’t get it then he deserves to hit the bench. It’s that simple. Teams aren’t doing anything crazy. In the post game Mario said things weren’t very clear for TVD. That’s embarrassing a Junior can’t see a zone and take what’s given.

Run the **** ball, lean on the line and get playmakers in space underneath and hopefully someone can break a tackle or two for a long gain. That’s the recipe to win until someone goes man against Miami. It makes my head hurt how hard TVD/Dawson make it when it’s actually really simple.

Kiffin doing **** AT OLE MISS!! They NEVER did. EVER! Its crazy how some hate on that man they cape for Mario in same turn lol..
I agree with his performance being great. I never hated on him and I’m not sure what “cape for Mario” means but I’m not doing it. I simply think that Miami is not the dream job a lot of people make it out to be.

Advertisement
Back