The Banner is a stupid idea and other thoughts

Advertisement
Boom.

I think we are gonna have to have a baby as well. Need something to occupy my Saturdays for the next decade or so.

Completely disagree D$.

The banner will get people talking. We need Al out by any means neccessary.

It's not an opinion, man.

Like I told D$ off the board and wrote in the original thread that got deleted, I totally get that fans want to be seen as passionate about how they feel and ultimately heard about where they stand. I'm just also aware what the people who make decisions are already thinking. What they'd feel about a banner. And, what it'd likely do to whoever presumably comes in to clean up the mess. If Golden continues to do what he's done, it will simply play out. Talk about contracts. Talk about buyouts. Whatever. It'll be figured out. Trustees are aware. Big $ boosters are aware and frustrated.

A banner will not move the needle on what they already feel, but it will move the needle negatively on other fronts (like recruiting and perception that would matter to the next coach).

Ya'll know where I stand on the pillars, philosophy and any other thing that has not only failed to produce results but has soured some internally.

So you have spoke to these big boosters? Or is this just a rumor?

Advertisement
crossover22[]_[];1964866 said:
I can't see the banner being a bad thing. If it embarrasses the people that matter then good. They need to know the fans are the ones making them millions. And that we aren't happy being a garbage team.

Stanford is a better university and still manages to care about football. If they can then why can't we. Winning brings more fans to games and makes the university more money.

It embarrasses the team and parents too. It is the first game, and will make the whole program look more like a circus opening the door further for negative recruiting and decommits.

Or we let the season play out and the decision will be clear.

I think the parents are already embarrassed. Look at dukes mom.

Advertisement
crossover22[]_[];1964882 said:
I can't see the banner being a bad thing. If it embarrasses the people that matter then good. They need to know the fans are the ones making them millions. And that we aren't happy being a garbage team.

Stanford is a better university and still manages to care about football. If they can then why can't we. Winning brings more fans to games and makes the university more money.

It embarrasses the team and parents too. It is the first game, and will make the whole program look more like a circus opening the door further for negative recruiting and decommits.

A mom frustrated after a miserable loss? Oh my.

Different than having to answer questions about a banner.

You want recruits parents asking current parents about a banner?

Good post D other than the banner comments.

Fans drive the bus. We can sit back and claim that a bunch of stuffed shirts will eventually do the right thing on their own, but that's not how it works in real life.

The stuffed shirts are all about taking the easiest possible path. If the fans sit back and act like all is well waiting for the stuffed shirts to rescue the program they won't do it. The fans will force their hand by raising ****. If some hoity toity folks get embarrassed in the process, then so be it.

Can we also stop with the "we should have hired so and so" or "we should hire blah" threads? I want nothing more than to be rid of our inept staff but those threads are just dumb, it's a bunch of ppl blathering about random coaches that will probably never be here.

STFU

Attachments

• knocked out.gif
    knocked out.gif
    928.7 KB · Views: 343
A banner would serve as a wake up call to everyone involved, players included. They came here to play for Golden. If they don't want to go through a coaching change they should probably stop letting themselves get blown out, even if it means freelancing on every play or punching someone back when they swing at you. Anything is better than the pussified product we're being forced to watch. Football isn't for pussies.

Advertisement

She said she was ****ed about a lot of stuff.

You think a banner will hurt recruiting more then playing like pussies on the field

Completely disagree D$.

The banner will get people talking. We need Al out by any means neccessary.

100%

The ball has to start rolling by some public means. A banner is an excellent first step.

Pressure is the only thing that will make this administration respond.

Advertisement
crossover22[]_[];1964897 said:

She said she was ****ed about a lot of stuff.

You think a banner will hurt recruiting more then playing like pussies on the field

Golden isn't getting fired one game into the season, so yes I think it will compound issues and make recruiting more difficult.

Advertisement
Back