The Bank (9/22)

View as article
Advertisement
At what point do we start raiding Louisville's class?

Texas gone cause the first robbery when they flip that WR from Cali, it’ll go down in about a month. Louisville keeps throwing things at Owens to stop him from taking other visits but it won’t last longer & if on3 hadn’t reported that he was going to be at Texas A&M last weekend so early in the week that visit would’ve went down.

You should stick your ****ey in there...
Really!?! That would be a blessing.
D80E20BB-21C9-49D7-8F7A-920DA01EED7F.jpeg

Advertisement
I love what I see so far, I’m with the we need more talent guys. Once we get that and it’s deep (pause) I expect big things. Gotta be patient though when u build a monster
Right this staff is about to load up this roster like we haven't seen in years, just keep loading up the trenches and land playmakers at receiver and corner

@JHallCanes & @hoops156

Did u know since 2012, The U have only had 3 DTs drafted?

-Jon Ford (7th round)
-RJ McIntosh (5th round)
-Kendrick Norton (7th round)
*Only Ford is on an active roster

Did u know since 2012, The U have only had 6 WRs drafted?
-K.J Osborn (5th round)
-Braxton Berrios (6th round)
-Stacy Coley (7th round)
-Phillip Dorsett (1st round)
-Travis Benjamin (4th round)
-Tommy Streeter (6th round)
*Only Dorsett, Osborn, & Berrios are on active rosters

Did u know Mario has never had a DT drafted, and only one WR was drafted (Dillon Mitchell - 7th round - out of the NFL).

So you wanna know y it’s going to be a struggle at two positions of need here? This is the negative recruiting chatter…which is y what we’re seeing from Mario + staff is nothing short of amazing. As one of my good friends just told me, this staff can sell salt to a snail and convince them it’s an elixir for everlasting life.

Sometimes it’s important to know context when we see kids chose school A over us, or simply step back & truly appreciate the hard work Mario & the staff is doing to overcome such negative recruiting & stigmas surrounding this school. We need elite players, not marginal or diamond in the rough. However, getting elite players is going to be a process, one that will be fulfilled. Just wish fans would look at things from a full view & appreciate the chef cooking.

@JHallCanes & @hoops156

-Jon Ford (7th round)
-RJ McIntosh (5th round)

-K.J Osborn (5th round)
-Stacy Coley (7th round)

Did u know Mario has never had a DT drafted, and only one WR was drafted (Dillon Mitchell - 7th round - out of the NFL).

So you wanna know y it’s going to be a struggle at two positions of need here? This is the negative recruiting chatter…which is y what we’re seeing from Mario + staff is nothing short of amazing. As one of my good friends just told me, this staff can sell salt to a snail and convince them it’s an elixir for everlasting life.

Sometimes it’s important to know context when we see kids chose school A over us, or simply step back & truly appreciate the hard work Mario & the staff is doing to overcome such negative recruiting & stigmas surrounding this school. We need elite players, not marginal or diamond in the rough. However, getting elite players is going to be a process, one that will be fulfilled. Just wish fans would look at things from a full view & appreciate the chef cooking.
Good stuff brother

Back in the day I thought the Cristobal recruiting thing was overblown

But I wasn’t really much of a fan of his in the first place (meaning as our coach of course)

But what he did at Oregon was ridiculous. For all the talk about Nike money, meh, it was just insane effort

What he pulled off before signing day this year for us was literally a miracle

Advertisement
Good stuff brother

Back in the day I thought the Cristobal recruiting thing was overblown

But I wasn’t really much of a fan of his in the first place (meaning as our coach of course)

But what he did at Oregon was ridiculous. For all the talk about Nike money, meh, it was just insane effort

What he pulled off before signing day this year for us was literally a miracle

The whole “Nike money” straw man argument was to undermine his abilities as a recruiter. If Nike money was so influential, then why didn’t his predecessors have the recruiting success as him? That Nike Money has been around since the late 90’s. Lol.

Not saying you’re wrong but we’ve for whatever reason struggled as a program to land elite WRs

It’s been a little baffling
Is it really baffling? How long have we been clamoring for a spread OC? Players want to play in fun, wide-open offense.

It's no coincidence that we finally get a true spread OC and land our best WR haul-on paper (Brinson, George, B. Smith) in years.

Is it really baffling? How long have we been clamoring for a spread OC? Players want to play in fun, wide-open offense.

It's no coincidence that we finally get a true spread OC and land our best WR haul-on paper (Brinson, George, B. Smith) in years.
I mean yeah you’re right but still…you’d think here and there simply given our location we would luck into a few

Even our highest ranked recruits ultimately ended up being pretty terrible in most cases

Advertisement
I mean yeah you’re right but still…you’d think here and there simply given our location we would luck into a few

Even our highest ranked recruits ultimately ended up being pretty terrible in most cases
We've landed good ones here and there--Coley, Richards, Dorsett, but when have we ever landed multiple studs like that in a single class?

The whole “Nike money” straw man argument was to undermine his abilities as a recruiter. If Nike money was so influential, then why didn’t his predecessors have the recruiting success as him? That Nike Money has been around since the late 90’s. Lol.
Bags have always been the rationalization so that one’s rivals don’t get any flowers for their recruiting acumen. You lose a recruit, it’s easier to say it was bags than you were outrecruited and/or the other program bested your program. The way people tell it, Saban is all bags, yet what did Bama win after Bear Bryant left? UGA is all bags but they didn’t win since 1980. All the bags in the world didn’t bring them **** for over 40 years. Look at us, Mario gets here and starts recruiting like the ace he is, and right away the stories are it’s all bags.

You’d think after Saban made him the point guy on S Florida people would’ve realized he could recruit.

Advertisement
We've landed good ones here and there--Coley, Richards, Dorsett, but when have we ever landed multiple studs like that in a single class?
08 maybe? Sheer volume I suppose. Some hits and misses in there for sure and some of our lower ranked ones ended up better IIRC

@JHallCanes & @hoops156

-Jon Ford (7th round)
-RJ McIntosh (5th round)

-K.J Osborn (5th round)
-Stacy Coley (7th round)

100% agreed. when Mario got hired, I said will never worry about our recruiting. hes that good. even if someone on his staff sucks at it, **** clean it up. its what Mario does.

Advertisement
Back