The Bank (1/8)

I don't understand why you think the schedule is so soft. Most of the ACC has upgraded their rosters from either recruiting or the portal. It's no wonder you are always disappointed....

The QB situation is the biggest problem. Until we see what the room looks like - and that won't be until the Spring game (if even then) IDK how you begin to judge the schedule.
Come on man. There’s no excuse this year. None. If he can’t win 9 games in 2024, he’s horrific beyond recruiting and not salvageable.

Advertisement
Come on man. There’s no excuse this year. None. If he can’t win 9 games in 2024, he’s horrific beyond recruiting and not salvageable.
I was waiting to bump his comment for when the SOS come out in a few months, but Yeah…an incompetent buffoon would have to think this schedule isn’t cake on paper.

I mean use your eyes and look at the teams…almost certain we will face more sub .500 teams than over .500.

Wake
Cuse
UF
USF
Ball St
Duke
GT
Cal

All can finish sub .500, somewhere between possible and probable. FAMU is FCS. That’s 9/12 games smh.

VT, FSU, Louisville the most difficult games. I mean who wouldn’t take that.

We shall see if he wins 9 games. If he doesn’t he’s not salvageable as to being a head coach beyond recruiting and at some point that’s going to end if talent continues to be wasted
I don't disagree but it hinges on how we round out the roster in the portal, which is still up in the air. I'm not letting the staff off the hook because there are glaring holes where we need veteran help and we've been slow to act in the portal...especially at QB.

But regardless, Mario is not getting canned anytime soon, even if the next season is disappointing like this one was. I think that's why I am trying to stay optimistic because its futile anyways.

Advertisement
I don't disagree but it hinges on how we round out the roster in the portal, which is still up in the air. I'm not letting the staff off the hook because there are glaring holes where we need veteran help and we've been slow to act in the portal...especially at QB.

But regardless, Mario is not getting canned anytime soon, even if the next season is disappointing like this one was. I think that's why I am trying to stay optimistic because its futile anyways.
Oh I agree. He’s here for 4-5 more years regardless. That doesn’t mean I won’t give up hope long before that and express myself accordingly on here. Believe me I would not look forward to my future CFB life between December of 2024 and whenever if that occurs.

Agreed. The amount of money Mario is paid along with his staff and commitment from our NIL people less than 9(**** I’ll say 10) games is a huge fail.

Theres was 3 or 4 QBs in that portal other than ward we could have won 10 games with… being stubborn and letting them go is annoying…

Agreed. The amount of money Mario is paid along with his staff and commitment from our NIL people less than 9(**** I’ll say 10) games is a huge fail.

Theres was 3 or 4 QBs in that portal other than ward we could have won 10 games with… being stubborn and letting them go is annoying…
He’ll have enough of his own players and a winnable enough of a schedule to make determinations with reasonableness.

If he doesn’t beat UF to start the year his seat will get warm.

He has to win 10 games minimum next year for me to continue to trust his process

Advertisement
If he doesn’t beat UF to start the year his seat will get warm.

He has to win 10 games minimum next year for me to continue to trust his process
I don’t disagree on expectations but the reality is he’s here for years more. Seriously, who’s paying that buyout? Not the people who brought him here with their money.

Miami just landed a commitment from Albany QB transfer Reese Poffenbarger. This will raise eyebrows, so let me pass on what I know about the decision:

- Miami will continue to evaluate veteran QBs through the end of this cycle and, if necessary, after spring. Poffenbarger has two years of eligibility, and his addition will not preclude Miami from pursuing another proven arm.

- Poffenbarger led the FCS in passing yards (3,608 yards) and passing TDs (36) while being graded at 2nd in big-time throws by PFF.

- Miami was blown away by his visit this weekend and compared his personality to Baker Mayfield. They also have high grades on his arm strength and athleticism (check his dunking highlights here).

- He measured at 6.05 and 215 pounds on his visit.

- I expect Miami to be aggressive in the Portal over the next two weeks. Positions to watch (along with QB) are safety, WR and possibly RB. This includes players committed elsewhere or about to commit elsewhere. They also will pursue difference-makers in the trenches. The plan is to pay for quality, not quantity. Young players like Rob Stafford and Chris Johnson need snaps. We don’t want to be like FSU where we major in the Portal and minor in HS recruiting.

- With respect to CB Antoine Jackson (ECU/UCF), I'm told Miami passing had nothing to do with his prior decommitment. There were some speed concerns on film. Miami did not have high grades on CB Earl Little and WR Jalen Brown, who went to FSU. There was some interest in Marvin Jones, Jr. but they have others rated higher.
Told y’all Jackson was a jag I wasn’t high on him at all. Why is it they saw that on film now? When it was on film before

People were really trying to talk me into A Jackson l. I was like he doesn’t look good but just because he was commited people were fighting for him. Why would the staff take his verbal last year? Glad they saw what I saw finally

Advertisement
Who are we paying?
@ssvir

troy-laugh.gif

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back