The Bank (1/8)

I'm sure good WRs don't want to play in Corchobal offense with Corchobal QBs
seth meyers GIF

revenge of the sith episode 3 GIF by Star Wars

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Lanning is killing it, he may win a natty there which pre NIL I wasn't sure was possible
is he killing it?

he's had by far the most talented team in every game he's coached and he's 0-3 against Washington, and has zero pac 12 titles

are you guys just enamored because he recruits well?

Jimbo did that well at A&M too, but he didn't win anything of significance

Last edited:
is he killing it?

he's had by far the most talented team in every game he's coached and he's 0-3 against Washington, and has zero pac 12 titles

Jimbo did that well at A&M too
Jimbo fisher won 10 games a whopping ZERO times at A&M and played for the conference championship zero times but like you said about as well as Lanning lol

is he killing it?

Jimbo did that well at A&M too, but he didn't win anything of significance
IMG_1249.jpeg

Offensive Coordinators hires: Kenny Dillingham and Will Stein.

No bro style offense allowed up there in Eugene and, guess what, he has no problem recruiting QBs and WRs. Especially in the portal.

Shocking.

Advertisement
View attachment 278444

Offensive Coordinators hires: Kenny Dillingham and Will Stein.

No bro style offense allowed up there in Eugene and, guess what, he has no problem recruiting QBs and WRs. Especially in the portal.

Shocking.
Oh, you're one of those

The ones that care more about cool offense than winning. Probably made you sick watching Michigan beat the **** out of Washington huh

i also made no mention of Mario in my post, criticizing his results here is fair and I agree

But don't pretend like Lanning hasnt underachieved

is he killing it?

Jimbo did that well at A&M too

Call me overly critical, but in my book Cristobal legitimately won 1 Pac12 title in his 4 years at Oregon. I don't consider the title he won in 2020 during Covid to be completely legitimate, because the sole reason Oregon made it to the title game was that too many Washington players got Covid.

Oregon was 4-3 at the time, with two of those losses being to 1 win teams. That's embarrassing. Yet that one legit Pac12 title in 2019 and beating Ohio State convinced the UM fanbase that Cristobal was UMs savior.

Fact is that UM fans would die of laughter if Al Folden bragged about winning the ACC coastal title the year that UNC got banned. UM could have claimed the title but chose not to play in the acc championship game because it had self imposed penalties. 7-6 UM team calling itself ACC coastal champs because the actual champ couldn't participate? Nah.

When Cristobal was coaching in the pac12 he really only had one other quality team in the conference - Utah. And well, it's best if we don't talk about his track record against them. At least Lanning can defend his record by saying he had the #2 team in the country in his conference this season.

To me, the Biggest difference between Cristobal and Lanning right now is that Lanning hasn't been coaching long enough to have a reputation attached to him (good or bad). Lanning is still able to get top WRs and QBs to transfer to Oregon because those players think he will help their draft stock. Cristobal unfortunately has earned the reputation of being a QB killer. I agree it is unfair and stats show otherwise, but the perception is the perception.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Call me overly critical, but in my book Cristobal legitimately won 1 Pac12 title in his 4 years at Oregon. I don't consider the title he won in 2020 during Covid to be completely legitimate, because the sole reason Oregon made it to the title game was that too many Washington players got Covid.

Oregon was 4-3 at the time, with two of those losses being to 1 win teams. That's embarrassing. Yet that one legit Pac12 title in 2019 and beating Ohio State convinced the UM fanbase that Cristobal was UMs savior.

Fact is that UM fans would die of laughter if Al Folden bragged about winning the ACC coastal title the year that UNC got banned. UM could have claimed the title but chose not to play in the acc championship game because it had self imposed penalties. 7-6 UM team calling itself ACC coastal champs because the actual champ couldn't participate? Nah.

When Cristobal was coaching in the pac12 he really only had one other quality team in the conference - Utah. And well, it's best if we don't talk about his track record against them. At least Lanning can defend his record by saying he had the #2 team in the country in his conference this season.

To me, the Biggest difference between Cristobal and Lanning right now is that Lanning hasn't been coaching long enough to have a reputation attached to him (good or bad). Lanning is still able to get top WRs and QBs to transfer to Oregon because those players think he will help their draft stock. Cristobal unfortunately has earned the reputation of being a QB killer. I agree it is unfair and stats show otherwise, but the perception is the perception.
He won the title but yet his win isn't legit. Yeah makes sense.

With your logic the Giants were not true Superbowl champions when they beat the undefeated Patriots team .

Advertisement
Back