The Bank (1/8)

Advertisement
Ajay Allen wasn't, he wasn't a starter but did get a good bit of snaps. 70 carries for 360 yards 5TDs in 9 games. Gore actually had two sacks and 4TFLs. I only consider portal misses as player's who don't contribute at all, like a Shemar Kirk.
Neither makes the team better. I'd trade every snap Allen had this year for CJjr. Gore is not a P4 caliber player.

lol Thomas Gore is absolutely a whiff. If you don’t think so then your expectations are for a 6-6 program, because that’s the type of team a player of that caliber belongs on.

So it begs the question to some of the slurpers: what are your expectations?

Advertisement
Not every portal addition is expected to be an impact starter playing 500+ snaps. Sometimes you have to take guys for depth purposes.
I agree sometimes. We do it a lot more than sometimes. You do not need Parrish and Allen it's redundant. Gore is not a depth piece he is a liability.

Not every portal addition is expected to be an impact starter playing 500+ snaps. Sometimes you have to take guys for depth purposes.
Agree. A whiff is someone who is recruited and paid NIL like an impact player and ends up being a rotational JAG. Its not someone who was recruited and paid like a depth piece and ended up being..... a rotational depth piece. The roster is 85 deep, they cant all be all Americans

Agree. A whiff is someone who is recruited and paid NIL like an impact player and ends up being a rotational JAG. Its not someone who was recruited and paid like a depth piece and ended up being..... a rotational depth piece. The roster is 85 deep, they cant all be all Americans
Exactly

Advertisement
Cute nickname. My 4 year old came up with that last week too. Are you contractually obligated to call him that in every thread? Grow up.

You've called him "Caveman Mario" more than once and as recent as last week, and you've also recently said Mario "sucks". Neither is particularly mature or original.

Now you are trying to tell people to "grow up" and comparing them to your 4-year-old daughter (who sounds pretty smart for her age) for making immature nicknames for that same coach? Do you see and hear yourself(ves)?

lol Thomas Gore is absolutely a whiff. If you don’t think so then your expectations are for a 6-6 program, because that’s the type of team a player of that caliber belongs on.

So it begs the question to some of the slurpers: what are your expectations?
You must not have watched that Temple game. He was the best guy on the field.

You've called him "Caveman Mario" more than once and as recent as last week, and you've also recently said Mario "sucks". Neither is particularly mature or original.

Now you are trying to tell people to "grow up" and comparing them to your 4-year-old daughter (who sounds pretty smart for her age) for making immature nicknames for that same coach? Do you see and hear yourself(ves)?
adult swim look GIF

Awkward Season 4 GIF by The Office

Advertisement
Advertisement
Then call it the Mario Effect. Not the Poffenbarger Effect.

The only think Reese did wrong was accept a scholarship offer to a much better program than his last one. Don't blame him.

Agreed. It’s like hating a coach for choosing Miami over Temple….

Oh no he didn’t……

Uh, yeah. It’s year 3 and the schedule is charmin soft.

If we can’t win 9 in Year 3, he’s not winning 9 in Year 4. And if that’s the case, he’s not going to be successful here.

Year 3 needs to show 9 wins. No more roster excuses, no more culture excuses, no more coaching excuses.

But I’m sure someone out there will give him a pass if we go 7-5 and tell us all to be patient, you guys are the problem, you’re terrible fans that hate Miami and have a personal vendetta against the man, get behind this program and to let the man cook.
I don't understand why you think the schedule is so soft. Most of the ACC has upgraded their rosters from either recruiting or the portal. It's no wonder you are always disappointed....

The QB situation is the biggest problem. Until we see what the room looks like - and that won't be until the Spring game (if even then) IDK how you begin to judge the schedule.

What are we doing, like seriously lol.

Is this a joke? You’re out of visits? A 7-6 team is out of spots?

So much for upgrading the roster. As it stands, some of y’all are in for a rude awakening in 2024. My expectations have gone from a 9-10 win team, to 7-8.

Do our visits reset in the Spring, or are we f’d there too?
Lol staff wants only top players in the portal with remaining spots, you act like its the end sof the world. But then when we go for guys that aren't just absolute studs you complain.
We just signed a big freshman class. We landed a lot of elite guys out of HS. We used a lot of visits to do so. We just landed a QB2 for portal that EVERYONE was just *****ing that we didn't do last year. Yet you probably still find a way to complain about that.

This is simple we only actually need like 4-5 more portal guys. Imo: QB1, TE, CB, WR, and S. They appear to not be taking a TE, and there likely just isn't any portal guy you would not ***** about taking anyways. I've been one of only ones actually complaining about us not taking a TE (and wanting to not going for Cams waiver)

WR we are either going for a #1 type or nobody and having young guys step up and keeping the top 2 from last yr - I don't see the problem. Literally the young Gus we have coming in + development from last yrs class, all we need is a Colbie Young replacement.

CB and Safety. Again Ive BEEN saying CB was the worst coached and actual talent acquisition position on the team. TBD if Addae is gone. CB it looks like we are either targeting a top guy or no one. If we did target a depth guys which imo we still need you'd again probably complain. Safety I think we either need a sure starter or nobody. I don't want a depth guys here at all.

That leaves QB1 which we all know the situation.

But like EDGE...we don't need someone at all. If a top guy is available yeah we can take him. But there is not a pressing need at EDGE OR DT. Period. OL is no concern either. RB there is nobody elite available, we have young talent that just needs to step the **** up. Same for LB. That's really it. You're acting like it's the end of the world over like 5 positions. We have room for 5 or so guys to still come on board. We are just only wanting to use remaining spots for starter quality guys.

Advertisement
Back