The Bank (1/8)

He won the title but yet his win isn't legit. Yeah makes sense.

With your logic the Giants were not true Superbowl champions when they beat the undefeated Patriots team .

So I take it you believe UM should hoist the banner that says

Miami Hurricanes 2012 ACC Coastal Champions

Al Golden winning at acc coastal while under sanctions? Thats gotta be a top highlight for the program over the last 15 years.

As for legitimate or illegitimate, you are correct. I shouldnt say 2020 isn't legitimate. It is legitimate but doesn't impress me.

The Giants beat everyone they needed to beat according to the NFL division rules at the time and got into the playoffs (I think as a wildcard, maybe I'm wrong) , then beat a New England team many people were claiming was the best of all time.

The Ducks did not beat everyone they had to beat in 2020 to win the division title. The Pac12 North title rightly belonged to Washington. They could not play because of COVID. If Washington is healthy, the Ducks aren't in the championship game. That's not conjecture it's a fact. When the regular season ended, UW was the Pac12 North champs. Then the Ducks, who got into the conference title game because UW couldn't field enough players, beat a mediocre USC team that fired its HC 2 games into the following season.

Now if you are impressed by that, fine by me. But if you think that conference title proved Cristobal is a good coach, then we have very different standards of performance.

Last edited:
Advertisement
is he killing it?

he's had by far the most talented team in every game he's coached and he's 0-3 against Washington, and has zero pac 12 titles

are you guys just enamored because he recruits well?

Jimbo did that well at A&M too, but he didn't win anything of significance
Pinned for slurper of the year award next year, you're off to a good start.

He's 22-5 as a first time head coach, he pulled in a better class than Mario's best ever and it looks like he may even do better next year, and he has a great staff that schemes really well on offense and defense. So he can recruit AND he can coach and he's also just getting started so he should improve.

His 5 losses are also to probably the best coach in the country with the best qb in the country (3 times barely to Washington) who was in the national championship game, once to rival OSU his first year, and he also lost his first ever game to the eventual national championship Georgia bulldogs (funny you think Oregon was more talented than Georgia).

You act like he got killed by Utah multiple times or something...

Oh, you're one of those

The ones that care more about cool offense than winning. Probably made you sick watching Michigan beat the **** out of Washington huh

i also made no mention of Mario in my post, criticizing his results here is fair and I agree

But don't pretend like Lanning hasnt underachieved
Janet Jackson Reaction GIF

He's 22-5 as a first time head coach, he pulled in a better class than Mario's best ever and it looks like he may even do better next year, and he has a great staff that schemes really well on offense and defense. So he can recruit AND he can coach and he's also just getting started so he should improve.

His 5 losses are also to probably the best coach in the country with the best qb in the country (3 times barely to Washington) who was in the national championship game, once to rival OSU his first year, and he also lost his first ever game to the eventual national championship Georgia bulldogs (funny you think Oregon was more talented than Georgia).

my post wasn't even about Mario dumbass, it was just arguing that dan lanning hasn't exactly been great at Oregon. you can define whatever you want but as typical you guys are so obsessed with Mario that you always relate it back to him

you guys are crowning lanning like he's Saban, smart, or urban and dude has had the most talented team in the pac 12 and it's resulted in zero pac 12 titles.

if you're saying that isn't an underachievement for Oregon fans then you don't know what you're talking about

my post wasn't even about Mario dumbass, it was just arguing that dan lanning hasn't exactly been great at Oregon. you can define whatever you want but as typical you guys are so obsessed with Mario that you always relate it back to him

you guys are crowning lanning like he's Saban, smart, or urban and dude has had the most talented team in the pac 12 and it's resulted in zero pac 12 titles.

if you're saying that isn't an underachievement for Oregon fans then you don't know what you're talking about
He's barely lost 3 times to Washington and they just lost in the NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP dip****. He then lost to the national champion last year, and then barely lost in a rivalry game and you think that's bad? I mean holy ****.

He did that with Bo Nix who everyone thought was dog**** before he got there.

Riddle me this, why did Bama immediately want him as their head coach? Is it because he sucks so bad? Actually consider these rhetorical, im good.

Advertisement
So I take it you believe UM should hoist the banner that says

Miami Hurricanes 2012 ACC Coastal Champions

Al Golden winning at acc coastal while under sanctions? Thats gotta be a top highlight for the program over the last 15 years.

As for legitimate or illegitimate, you are correct. I shouldnt say 2020 isn't legitimate. It is legitimate but doesn't impress me.

The Giants beat everyone they needed to beat according to the NFL division rules at the time and got into the playoffs (I think as a wildcard, maybe I'm wrong) , then beat a New England team many people were claiming was the best of all time.

The Ducks did not beat everyone they had to beat in 2020 to win the division title. The Pac12 North title rightly belonged to Washington. They could not play because of COVID. If Washington is healthy, the Ducks aren't in the championship game. That's not conjecture it's a fact. When the regular season ended, UW was the Pac12 North champs. Then the Ducks, who got into the conference title game because UW couldn't field enough players, beat a mediocre USC team that fired its HC 2 games into the following season.

Now if you are impressed by that, fine by me. But if you think that conference title proved Cristobal is a good coach, then we have very different standards of performance.
Didn't read that whole thing too long. My point is you play in a championship game and win your the champion. All that other stuff you saying....

For now, yes.

I'm talking about Ward's decision, not the position we're currently in. Obviously that's on Mario.

Remember that Ward is still in play and Taulia might get a waiver. I'm not in any way predicting success with either, but let's revisit this in spring before burning it all down.
T
Napoleon Dynamite Reaction GIF

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement

So what you're saying is that he's lost every big game he's ever coached? ;)

Advertisement
Back