The Bank (1/8)

View as article
Advertisement
For now, yes.

I'm talking about Ward's decision, not the position we're currently in. Obviously that's on Mario.

Remember that Ward is still in play and Taulia might get a waiver. I'm not in any way predicting success with either, but let's revisit this in spring before burning it all down.
Season 3 GIF by Parks and Recreation

You will allow me to be a little skeptic right now.

Advertisement
Its not the decision - it’s the timeline, and the lack of a solidified backup plan.

When your backup plan is contingent on the NCAA to do you a solid, I wouldn’t call that intelligent decision-making.
Or if you are going to say Ward no matter what and Ward calls your bluff go higher lmao. If we didn't have Jacurri, Emory and Judd this would be a non issue. You can't dig yourself into a hole then blame anyone else because you are stuck in the hole.

Its not the decision - it’s the timeline, and the lack of a solidified backup plan.

When your backup plan is contingent on the NCAA to do you a solid, I wouldn’t call that intelligent decision-making.
This is how it started. It's not a discussion on Mario's QB recruiting prowess or lack thereof.

1704993335918.png

Advertisement
FSU never had any interest in Ward. You know their offer was pennies on the dollar to ours. It was all about the hype for FSU and a bargaining chip for Ward that he didn't really need in the first place.
In fairness, everyone's offer was "pennies on the dollar" due to us having to offer significantly above market due to Mario tax

Advertisement
The DT acquisitions are going to be very interesting to evaluate.

I think Cook is going to play a significant amount of snaps. Again, I think he’s good, but we just won’t know til the pads come on. Definitely need to be hearing about him in the Spring and am excited to watch him work in the Spring game. If this eval doesn’t turn out to be a good one, oy vey.

I’m not as high on Clark, I think he’s a space-eater that shores up the middle, but he’s just meh. Doesn’t move the needle significantly.

I think Riley is a depth piece and it’s laughable we chose to prioritize him in the back-end over countless other prospects.

Carpenter is fine, doesn’t wow me but as long as he’s intelligent and communicates well, he should slot in fine on this OL. Good player, just not elite.

Poff shouldn’t be the starting QB here, but I do think he is significantly better than Emory and better than Jacurri. Good to very good backup QB option, puts us in a better position if a starter goes down like last year.

As it stands right now, I’d give our portal game a C-. Way too many holes being trusted to inexperienced players.
I have some news for you on about what you're going to be hearing about him and every other player in the spring....

Advertisement
What would be the icing on the cake here to the Ward saga would be he picks us last minute & we get no time to help sell him in bringing in other players.

For now, yes.

I'm talking about Ward's decision, not the position we're currently in. Obviously that's on Mario.

Remember that Ward is still in play and Taulia might get a waiver. I'm not in any way predicting success with either, but let's revisit this in spring before burning it all down.
Got to hope one of those two $1 dollar scratch offs hits big

I Hope Please GIF

they still talking to ward?

Ward friend-zoned Cristobal, but Cristobal has s hoping that if Ward breaks up with the NFL, ****
If we lose to Duke, does Manny give Mario the Butch Davis handshake??

dave chapelle chapelle's show GIF's show GIF

If Cristobal pulled a Butch Davis and had UM players fake injuries to slow down the game, the game would take 27 hours to finish.

Advertisement
Back