The Bank (1/8)

View as article
And it starts lol.

Brother, take a look at our schedule and tell me how anything less than 9 wins is acceptable.

Road games:
- @ UF (should be a win because SunBelt Billy is a dumpster fire and he lost a significant amount of experienced, talented guys). Literally no excuse not to win that game given their position vs. our “position”, right?
- @ USF. lol if we lost that one
- @ Cal. The mighty Cal Bears…
- @ Georgia Tech. lol.
- @ Louisville. Yup hard game, will give us that.
- @ Syracuse. New team and no coach basically rebuilding.

Home games:
- Florida A&M
- The frightening Ball St. Cardinals
- Duke, rebuilding with a new coach, new scheme, new QB, pretty much new pieces all around
- FSU, lost their best players and will regress considerably right? If we had a QB last year, we would have won, right? So being at home and winless against them in two years, it’s a must-win game.

- Virginia Tech. lol.
- Wake mf Forest

I mean this schedule has more under .500 caliber teams than over imo, if you don’t think this schedule is charmin soft, wait til you see 2025.
Thank god we are 7 months away from seeing Miami Hurricanes Football again. I love the offseason.

Advertisement
And it starts lol.

Brother, take a look at our schedule and tell me how anything less than 9 wins is acceptable.

Road games:
- @ UF (should be a win because SunBelt Billy is a dumpster fire and he lost a significant amount of experienced, talented guys). Literally no excuse not to win that game given their position vs. our “position”, right?
- @ Georgia Tech. lol.
- @ Syracuse. New team and no coach basically rebuilding.

Home games:
- Florida A&M
- Duke, rebuilding with a new coach, new scheme, new QB, pretty much new pieces all around
- FSU, lost their best players and will regress considerably right? If we had a QB last year, we would have won, right? So being at home and winless against them in two years, it’s a must-win game.

- Virginia Tech. lol.
- Wake mf Forest

I mean this schedule has more under .500 caliber teams than over imo, if you don’t think this schedule is charmin soft, wait til you see 2025.
If we lose to Duke, does Manny give Mario the Butch Davis handshake??

dave chapelle chapelle's show GIF

Dylan ******* Raiola. The top HS QB in the country. That's why is going there (and money).

He'll play as a true freshman? Who knows, maybe not but I bet my *** that Rhule is selling him to every transfer WRs.

What has Corchobal to offer?
An offense that was much better than Nebraskas 🤷

Advertisement
If we lose to Duke, does Manny give Mario the Butch Davis handshake??

dave chapelle chapelle's show GIF's show GIF
If we lose to that lispy Nole mf, this board would blow up. Imagine the discussions relating to “culture” and “roster building” we’d have…I’d rather not, but it would be hilarious to observe.

We should beat Duke by 13+ next year, no cap.

And it starts lol.

Road games:
- @ Georgia Tech.
- @ Syracuse. New team and new coach basically rebuilding.

Home games:
- Florida A&M

- Virginia Tech. lol.
- Wake mf Forest

UF, Ball St, Cal, Cuse, Wake probably all go under .500. FAMU is FCS, Duke is questionable .500, GT probably slightly over .500 with VT.

We have like 1, maybe 2 teams on this schedule that project for 9 or more wins. It’s laughably bad.
Lol man I just hate when we call our schedule soft as if we are a great team that doesn't always **** the bed. Doesn't matter who the coach is. Only GREAT teams should have the luxury of calling their schedule soft.

If we lose to that lispy Nole mf, this board would blow up. Imagine the discussions relating to “culture” and “roster building” we’d have…I’d rather not, but it would be hilarious to observe.

We should beat Duke by 13+ next year, no cap.
I can list at least 5 that will argue Elko left Duke in a better position.

Advertisement
Who are we paying? We missed on Jeremiah, Ward, and over half the top DL we had on campus.

You are kidding, right? As if those are the only guys we would pay NIL to.

---We missed on Jeremiah. Yes, and we signed 3 top WRs and are going after a few in the Portal. Doesn't mean you can just flip money around between position groups. The Collective was willing to overspend to keep Jeremiah home, but not to sign every Portal player we missed in prior years.

---Ward (or someone like Ward) is still under pursuit. You don't give away your QB money to a DL and then expect to get another QB for free.

---I don't even understand the ridiculousness of "over half the top DL we had on campus" comment. We have signed one of the best DL classes in the country. Are you citing weird salary cap math, where we had "holds" on the 12 or 14 guys we offered, and now that money is available? The reality is that we DID spend a lot of NIL money on guys who ACTUALLY committed, and we don't have a magic pool of available money from the guys we didn't sign. Unless you actually thought our budget was to sign 12 DLs.

Glad to see you are spending other people's money, and have still not contributed a dime.

Stop using the word "we".

You are kidding, right? As if those are the only guys we would pay NIL to.

---We missed on Jeremiah. Yes, and we signed 3 top WRs and are going after a few in the Portal. Doesn't mean you can just flip money around between position groups. The Collective was willing to overspend to keep Jeremiah home, but not to sign every Portal player we missed in prior years.

---Ward (or someone like Ward) is still under pursuit. You don't give away your QB money to a DL and then expect to get another QB for free.

---I don't even understand the ridiculousness of "over half the top DL we had on campus" comment. We have signed one of the best DL classes in the country. Are you citing weird salary cap math, where we had "holds" on the 12 or 14 guys we offered, and now that money is available? The reality is that we DID spend a lot of NIL money on guys who ACTUALLY committed, and we don't have a magic pool of available money from the guys we didn't sign. Unless you actually thought our budget was to sign 12 DLs.

Glad to see you are spending other people's money, and have still not contributed a dime.

Stop using the word "we".
I read the first line so I will respond to that.
As of December 19th did we have significant funds allocated for both Ward and JJ? If so, who received those funds once they elected to go elsewhere? Keep it short.

Advertisement
Advertisement
What are we doing, like seriously lol.

Is this a joke? You’re out of visits? A 7-6 team is out of spots?

So much for upgrading the roster. As it stands, some of y’all are in for a rude awakening in 2024. My expectations have gone from a 9-10 win team, to 7-8.

Do our visits reset in the Spring, or are we f’d there too?

The NCAA allows 56 OVs per year.

We have 27 signed LOIs and 5 committed transfers. Meaning, there are 24 other OV spots for guys who did not (or have not yet) picked Miami.

How many guys do you think we hosted this summer who didn't pick Miami?

Spots go fast, particularly when you let kids take more than 5, while NOT raising the number of OVs that schools can host.

Advertisement
Back