The Bank (1/8)

View as article
Go get some Pepto if your stomach is bothering you, @calinative umstudent
shocked golden retriever GIF

Advertisement
The BEST part about May portal QBs is 90% of them just lost a starting job in the spring. So you just KNOW they are hyper-focuzed and motivated to win the starting job in the [checks calendar] 2.5 months before the season starts.
It's too late in the process. If you bring in a Summer QB, then what in **** did you have a Spring QB competition for? I don't like it. It's a risk of losing your QB room and locker room.

Somebody has changed their tune this week 🤣.

I was super frustrated last year at this time too. Mario takes too long processing this stuff. The coordinators, staff and portal evals have gone at a snail’s pace and every time he misses his guy, Mario is back to square one. It’s mismanagement. I also don’t like Addae and I don’t like our bro-fence.

That doesn’t mean I don’t think Mario is the right HC. I do. There isn’t a flawed HC out there. And Mario is on a path to getting us back to where we need to be, he is just too process oriented and inflexible for his own good. Which causes us to lose games and credibility. If TVD hadn’t melted down and we had landed Smith, Mincey and Ward, would we be having this conversation? IMO, we’re heading in the right direction and almost there, it’s just too much Texas Twostep.

Advertisement
Eff it. This transfer portal crap is a million times more maddening than recruiting.

To paraphrase Billy Joe Armstrong, wake me up when it's Spring football.

Advertisement
I'm sure good WRs don't want to play in Corchobal offense with Corchobal QBs
I just said this in another thread but you're way off on that, as you are with most things. We just had two of the three most productive receivers in the conference this past year and brought in 3-4 star recruits. We do have to replace Colbie but unless you're talking about a kid like the Liberty transfer, I'm not sure how attractive our WR room is as far as being able to walk right in and be a 1st or even 2nd option.

I just said this in another thread but you're way off on that, as you are with most things. We just had two of the three most productive receivers in the conference this past year and brought in 3-4 star recruits. We do have to replace Colbie but unless you're talking about a kid like the Liberty transfer, I'm not sure how attractive our WR room is as far as being able to walk right in and be a 1st or even 2nd option.
Last year we had a QB who lost us some games but he was infinitely better than the actual QBs on the roster. You don't think it matters?

You can't sell the little good of Miami last year's offense because next year it will be very different.

And spare me with the "Dawson=Air Raid" bull****, we are not running Air Raid and we never will under Corchobal.

Advertisement
I was super frustrated last year at this time too. Mario takes too long processing this stuff. The coordinators, staff and portal evals have gone at a snail’s pace and every time he misses his guy, Mario is back to square one. It’s mismanagement. I also don’t like Addae and I don’t like our bro-fence.

That doesn’t mean I don’t think Mario is the right HC. I do. There isn’t a flawed HC out there. And Mario is on a path to getting us back to where we need to be, he is just too process oriented and inflexible for his own good. Which causes us to lose games and credibility. If TVD hadn’t melted down and we had landed Smith, Mincey and Ward, would we be having this conversation? IMO, we’re heading in the right direction and almost there, it’s just too much Texas Twostep.
The TVD meltdown is also on Mario. If he doesn’t spend a month foolishly going back after Jason Candle maybe he hires an OC way before a few days from the start of spring practice and he can spend that time looking at lower divisions for another PuffNBangHer to strengthen an extremely weak QB room. All of our struggles on the field are directly correlated to his terrible Decision making process.

Advertisement
Last year we had a QB who lost us some games but he was infinitely better than the actual QBs on the roster. You don't think it matters?

You can't sell the little good of Miami last year's offense because next year it will be very different.

And spare me with the "Dawson=Air Raid" bull****, we are not running Air Raid and we never will under Corchobal.
Trying to will something into existence because it aligns with your agenda really is your thing isn't it? Restrepo went for 100 yards in the bowl game with a QB that hadn't played in a year.

We're not. No visits, no room, and no I doubt they're just going to reallocate QB money to the rest of the roster. Doesn't just work like that. The guys giving the money wanted a superstar player and they got Poffenbarger.
We are out of visits? I thought we were tight on visits (handful left)? Wow!

So unless a portal transfer wants to pay his own way (good luck with that) or wants to commit site unseen, we are DONE with portal recruiting until the visits reset (after spring football). Might as well lock these threads ‘cuz our goose is cooked.

Trying to will something into existence because it aligns with your agenda really is your thing isn't it? Restrepo went for 100 yards in the bowl game with a QB that hadn't played in a year.
Remind me again the result of that game, do you think any transfer WRs were watching that offensive performance and said "Yeah, I want that"?

Remind me again the result of that game, do you think any transfer WRs were watching that offensive performance and said "Yeah, I want that"?
Are we talking about production or are we talking about win/loss record? Again, moving the goal posts. Nebraska just won 5 games. Is that kid going there because he sees a path to winning? Heck no, but he's probably getting on the field right away.

Advertisement
Back