The ATM (8/4)

View as article
Advertisement
Too many question marks coming into the year for me to go 10 wins or better. It could happen but 2 likely losses on the road to Clemson and 8&4. To think we don’t drop a game we should “easily” win when nearly every team in the country does is illogical.

UVA, VT, UNC, FSU, Pitt will result in at least 1 loss in my opinion.

My biggest concern coming into the year isn’t a position group, it’s our offensive philosophy. If we’re going to be this physical down hill team we’re going to drop some games. We don’t have the OL (yet) to impose our will. Yes the OL will improve with Mario and Mirabal coaching but these are the same guys that couldn’t outmuscle App State and the rest of the weak Coastal. I hope Gattis doesn’t negate our biggest strength/talent in TVD.

Too many question marks coming into the year for me to go 10 wins or better. It could happen but 2 likely losses on the road to Clemson and 8&4. To think we don’t drop a game we should “easily” win when nearly every team in the country does is illogical.

My biggest concern coming into the year isn’t a position group, it’s our offensive philosophy. If we’re going to be this physical down hill team we’re going to drop some games. We don’t have the OL (yet) to impose our will. Yes the OL will improve with Mario and Mirabal coaching but these are the same guys that couldn’t outmuscle App State and the rest of the weak Coastal. I hope Gattis doesn’t negate our biggest strength/talent in TVD.

I would be happy with 9 wins as long as we whip fsu, and keep it interesting against both Clemson and atm

Advertisement
I took some edibles yesterday and I could hear Kobe's voice inside my head, giving me a motivational speech. It was awesome.

Kobe Bryant Basketball GIF

10 wins is what I expect, we are deep with good players. If TVD is who they say he is then he should be our impact player to lift the whole team. We lack that explosive offensive threat but maybe if we use Rooster the way he should be he has shown he could be that guy.. Other than that I see good players in most spots. Someone has to step up at WR but we have many options, you would think someone HAS TO right? RIGHT?!

Defense should be better against the run as the front four has injection of older mature bodies and DB should (keyword: should) be a strength, only LB can be a question mark but I think we have some guys that can be a stop gap, scheme will play a role from feast or famine to more solid fundamentals.. Special teams will be solid. 9 wins should be the bottom.

Very reasonable outlook on the year. And at the same time I think it’s very possible we beat A&M in week 3.

Advertisement
9-3 with losses to Clemson, atm and a conference foe gets you the coastal imo

This risk is who is the second ACC loss and does that team only lose two and then have the tie breaker. Sucks to have Clemson as the crossover this year honestly but it is what it is.

So the staff has expectations of a good season and the chicken littles on here in a thread on the Football Board are saying we all should be satisfied with 8-4. LOL. I dont think 8-4 is what Mario and this staff have in mind when he says "good season". Especially if hes looking at a top 3 class. That screams 10-2 at worst to me.
Same players from last season, better coaching, more/better preparation, better game planning, more/better disciplined, better personnel usage, better play calling ….10-2/maybe 11-1

Advertisement
Advertisement
I like our odds against TAMU more. I believe Clemson will be close to their old selves. I see another Bryant / Lawrence situation setting up there.
I think the odds they win one of the two are better than 50-50, which I don’t think I’d have said 3 months ago. Win one and the sky’s the limit for the season.

I like our odds against TAMU more. I believe Clemson will be close to their old selves. I see another Bryant / Lawrence situation setting up there.

I agree with this. Clemson is the school that have been kicking our *** badly. I think we have not scored an offense TD in our last 3 meetings with 3 different coordinator ( maybe 1 ..58-0, 38-3 & 42-17). However, different U and different Coach/Staff leading me to think we finally put some points on them and put up a fight for 4 quarters.

Advertisement
Back